steveneales

Reaction score
I have just started at Palermo, first season, and have bought Maupay. However, as my strike force now consists of Miccoli, Dybala, Hernandez and Maupay I have a problem of course who to play. My tactic is a 4-3-1-2 with an attacking midfielder behind a complete forward and a poacher. Out of these three youngsters who would be most suited and effective after being trained to attacking midfielder (attack)? I want to incorporate all 3 into my tactic so this would be the only way.Also how would I get the best out of Dybala's ability and Maupay? Im not very good at training up youngsters and Dybala would seem to be even harder with his 5 determination, is the best way really just to find him a good tutor and give him playing time? Any help would be appreciated.

Abel is not suited to AM and Maupay is too young/hasnt got the stats/is more of a poacher.

So it has to be DYBALA who I must stress I have no experience of ...

Yes try to tutor him. But he sounds not up to AMC. So if you dont have the players you have to consider changing tactics - or even selling MICCOLI who is old(ish) and/or Dybala and bring in MACHEDA on loan whos Italian and does great in Italy plus the cheap T. Drage at AMC.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the reply mate. Both Hernandez and Maupay have been quality so far whereas Dybala has been hit and miss, hasn't scored and seems to be quite injury prone. I might consider selling him after all. Cheers mate.

Maupay was quality for me as a Treq. in the AM position for Swansea. Always got 20+ assists and around 20 goals in the league (apart from one season where he got 37 goals in the league!).

Maupay was quality for me as a Treq. in the AM position for Swansea. Always got 20+ assists and around 20 goals in the league (apart from one season where he got 37 goals in the league!).

Interesting that mate, I hardly ever manage to get a Trequartisa working at ST, never mind AM! Was this a standard 4-2-3-1?

Interesting that mate, I hardly ever manage to get a Trequartisa working at ST, never mind AM! Was this a standard 4-2-3-1?

Pretty much, except the striker was slighlty to the left, and the Treq to the right (So they didn't get in each others way).

I did change the player instructions of the Treq though to make him more of a false 9. Not sure competely what I did, but I know I made him run from deep often, with no crossing :L

Miccoli could be good there but i have no clue or experience with him.