DYJ - FM20 Tactical System (442,352,451) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauty. Pure beauty. The symmetry, the nature of play. It all comes together as a great symphony.

I am playing as Fortuna Köln, the second biggest club in Cologne. Brought them from 4th division into Bundesliga, currently beeing in season 2030/2031. I am managing the team since 2022 and had some success. Consecutive promotions from 4th division to Bundesliga, already won the national Cup (DFB-Pokal) and last year I won the Europe League. In the league I had some success too, but didn't win Bundesliga yet (12, 15, 9, 5, 4 and currently 2nd with four games left).

So I overachieved, but I didn't rush through every achievment there is. Luckily. How do you go on after you won everything? It just gets boring. After the last years I start to have a competitive team with a clubs base, worth playing international. Reminder: in my first season in Bundesliga I had a combined budget of around 12 million Euros. That's what one player of Bayern alone earns in a season. My brand new stadium of nearly 26.000 is at least better than the 16.000 I had before.

But let's talk about your tactic. Or should I say your whole approach? With this package you do not only get good tactics that you can use as plug and play, you get a system of three tactics, which is technically still plug and play, but gets you some possibility to have some thoughts on your own.

First game I plugged the tactics in, I played against Wolfsburg. I started with 442. Tough game, we were better but didn't score. About 80 minutes in I wanted to change something. Maybe I could surprise them. Changed it to 451 and scored few minutes later.

Then there was Real Madrid. I had to face them in Champions League Quarter Final. First at Bernabeu, I started with 442, because I didn't know what to do. They played a 4231. And they crushed me. 3:0 after 30 minutes. And my keeper still saved a penalty. Absolutely disastrous. In half time I switched to 352, just to try something. And see, very few chances for Madrid and in 90+3 minute I even score a goal. So we went home to Cologne with a 3:1 defeat. Honestly, it could have been worse.

The next week. I started with 352 against Real because I hoped to keep a clean sheet und maybe score some. Just an approach I was able to try, because of the tactic set I had in my bag. We started good, no chances for Madrid and the pressing my team provided was unbelievable.

Unfortunately this was offside, but it was the right approach. By half team we were leading 2:0, which meant we would get one round further. But Real scored in the 77th minute. F*ck. What to do? I switched to 442, the pressing was still intense and this happened:

With 3:1 going in overtime I kept the 442 going (mostly because of sub-decisions) and crushed them 5:1. Unbelievable.

The tactics provide realistic football. Am I going to overachieve that much like other tactics can? I don't know. And I don't care. Because this one let's me experience a realistic approach on football manager. Thank you.

Last words: The setpieces are freaking unbelievable.

Beauty. Pure beauty. The symmetry, the nature of play. It all comes together as a great symphony.

I am playing as Fortuna Köln, the second biggest club in Cologne. Brought them from 4th division into Bundesliga, currently beeing in season 2030/2031. I am managing the team since 2022 and had some success. Consecutive promotions from 4th division to Bundesliga, already won the national Cup (DFB-Pokal) and last year I won the Europe League. In the league I had some success too, but didn't win Bundesliga yet (12, 15, 9, 5, 4 and currently 2nd with four games left).

So I overachieved, but I didn't rush through every achievment there is. Luckily. How do you go on after you won everything? It just gets boring. After the last years I start to have a competitive team with a clubs base, worth playing international. Reminder: in my first season in Bundesliga I had a combined budget of around 12 million Euros. That's what one player of Bayern alone earns in a season. My brand new stadium of nearly 26.000 is at least better than the 16.000 I had before.

But let's talk about your tactic. Or should I say your whole approach? With this package you do not only get good tactics that you can use as plug and play, you get a system of three tactics, which is technically still plug and play, but gets you some possibility to have some thoughts on your own.

First game I plugged the tactics in, I played against Wolfsburg. I started with 442. Tough game, we were better but didn't score. About 80 minutes in I wanted to change something. Maybe I could surprise them. Changed it to 451 and scored few minutes later.

Then there was Real Madrid. I had to face them in Champions League Quarter Final. First at Bernabeu, I started with 442, because I didn't know what to do. They played a 4231. And they crushed me. 3:0 after 30 minutes. And my keeper still saved a penalty. Absolutely disastrous. In half time I switched to 352, just to try something. And see, very few chances for Madrid and in 90+3 minute I even score a goal. So we went home to Cologne with a 3:1 defeat. Honestly, it could have been worse.

The next week. I started with 352 against Real because I hoped to keep a clean sheet und maybe score some. Just an approach I was able to try, because of the tactic set I had in my bag. We started good, no chances for Madrid and the pressing my team provided was unbelievable.

Unfortunately this was offside, but it was the right approach. By half team we were leading 2:0, which meant we would get one round further. But Real scored in the 77th minute. F*ck. What to do? I switched to 442, the pressing was still intense and this happened:

With 3:1 going in overtime I kept the 442 going (mostly because of sub-decisions) and crushed them 5:1. Unbelievable.

The tactics provide realistic football. Am I going to overachieve that much like other tactics can? I don't know. And I don't care. Because this one let's me experience a realistic approach on football manager. Thank you.

Last words: The setpieces are freaking unbelievable.

Hey it's a delight to see someone read how to use the tactical system, apply that and succeed. Very chuffed to read this today. You also get that they are to be used together to adapt to situations and the formation changes really do work well when used like you have done in the Madrid game.

Well done! Also the set pieces are great! Best I have seen results wise. Iv'e already seen them be cannibalised by others.

I'll be on twitch tonight and every night thereafter 8-11pm GMT, doing my first Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge, which will incoporate a "You'll Never Win Anything With Kids" element to it, where I take over whatever team is 2nd bottom on the 6th of November and can only use the existing squad and youth team graduates at the club to succeed. Mainly using it to test the DYJ tactics out!

Chrissy's twitch

Hey @Chrissy Dude

Always a fan.

I've been looking at implementing these tactics into my current save game, I have been using an older version of your tactic alongside another favourite of mine, Dukes 442 v2.

I'm going to take the plunge, change over fully to yours (fingers crossed) everything goes great.

So am I right in saying, its just worth being wary of 424 and 433 Narrow?

The go to shape is 442? Or can I choose?

Set piece takers?

Please help.
Best

Hey @Chrissy Dude

Always a fan.

I've been looking at implementing these tactics into my current save game, I have been using an older version of your tactic alongside another favourite of mine, Dukes 442 v2.

I'm going to take the plunge, change over fully to yours (fingers crossed) everything goes great.

So am I right in saying, its just worth being wary of 424 and 433 Narrow?

The go to shape is 442? Or can I choose?

Set piece takers?

Please help.
Best
You can choose but just be wary of problematic formations.

I feel like with your previous "Chrissy Ross's Updated 442" created more danger from your CMs. I had plenty of goals from outside of the box from them. With the dlp role I miss that.

I feel like with your previous "Chrissy Ross's Updated 442" created more danger from your CMs. I had plenty of goals from outside of the box from them. With the dlp role I miss that.

I just felt with lower end underdog teams, they needed the extra protection. Not doubting that finding though, likewise, find the CM's scoring less. It's perhaps a tweak that should be implemented for stronger teams.

Im trying now mix two of that roles in to one tactic CM DLP in 442 and CM DLP CM in 352 i don't like Anchor Man flat 3 mid is what i prefer.

Tactics are fantastic base for tweaking, and set pieces is masterpiece You done great Job with It!

Tactics are fantastic base for tweaking, and set pieces is masterpiece You done great Job with It!

Cheers mate, just chuffed everyone is getting good use out of them. I'll do a video/upload of useful stuff every week to help. I'm new to this streaming/youtube game, so still getting comfy being my daft self but that'll come soon!

I'll be live again tonight playing FM20 and every night at 8pm (GMT) on Chrissy's Twitch

Any questions or if you just wanna have fun, catch me on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.