Ears ringing?

zzeezzy

Reaction score
I often have a problem when my ears are ringing for no apparent reason, I know it can be due to high sound exposure but it is literally constant all the time, even if it is dead silent.

I do play the drums... but I use ear defenders and it does not increase my ears ringing or anything like that, it is the only thing really where I am in an environment with high noise volume.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions what this could be and what to do? When I have been to a concert before I know a certain type of ringing in your ears you get from noise exposure, but this is different, constant all the time and I can not think of why.

Thanks for any help.

I just read it up, I also seem to have blocked ears when I wake up, I am wondering whether it could be a wax build up, stupid cue-tips do not seem to work.

Does this mean I should prevent listening to things through headphones or is it something what will just be an issue forever?

I just read it up, I also seem to have blocked ears when I wake up, I am wondering whether it could be a wax build up, stupid cue-tips do not seem to work.

Does this mean I should prevent listening to things through headphones or is it something what will just be an issue forever?

Go to a Doctor to find the underlying cause. Could be an infection, could be a neurological symptom, could be something simple like blockage.

If you've got blocked ears and the cue-tips aren't working, you can get your ears syringed at your local GP/Doctor. It's worth seeing if that's the problem.

**** it Joel. Yeah, what he said.

If you've got blocked ears and the cue-tips aren't working, you can get your ears syringed at your local GP/Doctor. It's worth seeing if that's the problem.

**** it Joel. Yeah, what he said.

My friend said having ears syringed is not a pleasent experience, kinda hoped not to resort to that :( lol.

Haha, my mother is a nurse at local GP and does them on a daily basis and doesnt seem to get too many complaints. You could give Olive Oil a go.
BBC - Health: Ear health

Haha, my mother is a nurse at local GP and does them on a daily basis and doesnt seem to get too many complaints. You could give Olive Oil a go.
BBC - Health: Ear health

Interesting how it says not to use cue-tips there to get wax out, I always have used cue-tips but I do wonder whether they are any good, seems like you are kind of pushing it in as well as some of it out.

I used to have tinnitus from when I 16 until I turned 20, no idea why it went away, but I blame Metallica for getting it in the first place. Q-tips are the worst things you could do - all they do is pack the earwax deeper into your ear. I believe it even says don't use inside ears on the pack. Go to the doctor and get your ears rinsed.

If there is significant pain it could be an infection which could be from not drying them correctly after washing/swimming.

I used to have tinnitus from when I 16 until I turned 20, no idea why it went away, but I blame Metallica for getting it in the first place. Q-tips are the worst things you could do - all they do is pack the earwax deeper into your ear. I believe it even says don't use inside ears on the pack. Go to the doctor and get your ears rinsed.

So when I have a shower and come out do not cue-tips at all anymore?

Do I not do anything, just let them naturally clean themselves? I read it on BBC somewhere, thanks for the help.

So when I have a shower and come out do not cue-tips at all anymore?

Do I not do anything, just let them naturally clean themselves? I read it on BBC somewhere, thanks for the help.

You can clean your eat, but not inside it, as that what pushes the earwax further in. At least that's what my doctor told me.

You can clean your eat, but not inside it, as that what pushes the earwax further in. At least that's what my doctor told me.

Ahh so like around the outter ear, to be honest I might just stop using Q/Cue-tips all together, never have liked them, might arrange to get my ears seen as well, see if they will get them syringed/rinsed like you suggested earlier.

Cheers for the help anyway.

Not painful, quite uncomfortable though. Makes your eyes water like a ************.

Did you have clogged ears and have it done?

Before you had it done did your ears feel poppy all the time? (Like you are on a plane at high altitude) and it won't go away.

Last edited: