oafcpaddy

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

First time poster here. I have recently took the reigns at BSP side Eastbourne. With very limited resources, I have had to do a lot of wheeling and dealing.

I am only six games in, won 2, drawn 3, lost 1 and I lie 9th in the BSP, which is ok considering the board want me to battle bravely against relegation.

I line up with a defensive 4-1-2-2-1 formation. I try to frustrate the other sides with solidity and then hit them on the break.

I have a team made up of free transfers and loan signings at present, and had a link with Portsmouth, although the board did allow me to spend a whole 2k on Tony Gray from Droylsden, who scored away at Sailsbury on his debut.

Would people be interested in reading more? And how do I get screen shots up?

My home town club, I'll follow it.

Well, if even one person is willing to follow it, I will keep you updated.

Over the summer, I realised that I needed a few additions to the squad, so I scoured the free agent list, loan list and transfer list. There were very few "good" players willing to join Eastbourne. I offered terms to Clyde Wijnhard, who would rather remain without a club than sign for me. I was rejected by a lot of players, who moved to different clubs, such as Jeff Whitley and Tommy Black. In the end, I managed to acquire the services of Joel Ledgister, Orlando Smith and Vinny Mukendi (just released by Southend). I then signed David Howland on a free transfer from Port Vale before spending all of my transfer budget (a whopping £3,000) on Droylsden striker Tony Gray.

I managed to set up a link with Portsmouth and, being a club not blessed with a lot of finance, I used that to my advantage to take Tero Mantyla and Ryan Gazet Du Chattelier on loan from them. Mantyla, in particular, is having an outstanding season. I also entered the loan market again to take Alex Stavrinou (Charlton) and Steve Cook (Brighton) on loan for the campaign. Stavrinou is a tremendous holding midfielder at that level and Cook has been immense at centre back alongside Mantyla.

With my squad building done, I was ready for the start of the season. The opening day saw a hard fought defeat at Wrexham, where I lost to the only goal of the game.

Other Results:

Wrexham 1-0 Eastbourne
Eastbourne 0-0 AFC Wimbledon
Eastbourne 0-0 Rushden
Grays 1-2 Eastbourne
Eastbourne 1-1 Barrow
Sailsbury 0-1 Eastbourne
Eastbourne 1-1 Ebbsfleet
Kidderminster 2-1 Eastbourne
Stevenage 2-2 Eastbourne
Eastbourne 1-1 Chester
Oxford 1-1 Eastbourne
Eastbourne 0-0 Hayes and Yeading
Eastbourne 0-0 Tamworth
Histon 1-2 Eastbourne
Eastbourne 0-0 Kettering.

As you can tell by them results, my side are quite difficult to beat, but don't win many either. I pride myself on a solid defence and believe that, if you keep a clean sheet, one chance is always likely to fall to one of your strikers. If you take that, you've won the game.

Hope your enjoying my story from Priory Lane.........

Last edited:
Nice layout for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd post mate I would follow this :)

Awesome - good luck with this - second favourite team - Matt Crabb still there?

Nice steady start. Placed well above the boards expectations. Look forward to reading more.

Matt Crabb started the season as my first choice AML, but he got a bad injury which made me change to a 4-1-4-1 formation. He is back shortly so I will evaluate then what to do re: formation and personnel changes.

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Sam Sloma scored the only goal of the game on his debut in Eastbourne's 1-0 victory away at Gateshead, before an unfortunate defeat at home to Mansfield, where Daryl Clare scored the only goal.

I am on the verge of signing Darren Barnard and look set to take Jason Walker on loan from Barrow. Raphaele Nade is also on trial at the club................and I should try to get to sleep.