cps100

Reaction score
EBBSFLEET UNITED

Hello! I've had a few go's at stories but never really got into them but I'm determined to stick this one out and get Ebbsfleet up the leagues! I like lower league teams and have read some really good stories on this site.
So the reason I have chosen Ebbsfleet is because I see potential. They are low down the league, semi-professional but have some good players and some money (though I'm not too bothered). I'm hoping to mix together a blend of youth and experience to form a solid team.

CLUB OVERVIEW

View attachment 467456
The club are in the Skrill South, Semi-professional and have never got to the Football League. This NEEDS to change!

PROMOTION ODDS

View attachment 467450
As you can see we are HEAVY favourites for Promotion and this is the minimum expectation with the squad. Ebbsfleet were relegated the previous season and we are looking to get back up at the first attempt!

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

View attachment 467446
There are some talented players in the original squad. I have identified areas that need strengthening and we need some more depth. Hopefully the players can get used to the tactics and gel together quickly and we can get off to a strong start.

EBBSFLEET TARGETS

*​Improve the Facilities and bring through Youth Players
*Improve the Staff
*Get Promotion to the Skrill Premier
*Turn Professional

View attachment 467452
A good start to the targets!​

All advice/feedback/comments are welcome! Any potential signings or general tips is greatly appreciated. Hope you enjoy!

I love this Low League stories, will definitely keep an eye on this one. Wish you well...

Looking good mate Jack Saville played around 50 games for me at Limerick around 2015

Cheers guys! Thanks for the positive feedback, will hopefully get the next post of Pre-season and transfers up soon.

Was thinking of doing Half-Season updates, but would you guys prefer monthly ones?

Pre-Season and Transfers

EBBSFLEET UNITED

PRE-SEASON

View attachment 467133

As you can see not the best pre-season in terms of results, but a draw against Championship side Ipswich wasn't too bad. I think being a semi-professional team is affecting the training as we can't train everyday and the players are having to adapt to the new tactics.

TRANSFERS

I quickly identified some areas of the squad that needed improving and it was generally about adding depth to the playing squad. Hopefully they can gel together quickly. Here are my signings:

As you can see nobody left, as the squad wasn't massive but the players we did get in were young and hopefully hungry for success! I got Kevin Betsy for his experience and I think Woods in the middle of the park will do well. A couple of defenders were added but i would continue to look for loans if worthwhile.

GOOD NEWS

The board have agreed to improve the Training facilities! This should really help us.

View attachment 467131

Wow that board have got some money behind them, very good to be improving the facilities so far down the leagues like that.

Wow, nice, Ebbsfleet. I was actually a paying part of MyFootballClub when we owned the Fleet. Good times, loved it. Please, bring them some glory mate.

Sorry for thr delay in an update! Not had much time to play so will be doing a Half-Season post later, along with the Jan transfer update.

Half Season Review

View attachment 466320

EBBSFLEET HALF-SEASON REVIEW

RESULTS (Skrill South)

View attachment 466319View attachment 466318
As you can see we had an awful start to the season, with no consistency in our opening 10 league games. Thankfully, we recovered well in October and went unbeaten for the next month which was good, though it should've been much better as we threw away far too many winning positions for draws and that could ultimately cost us later on in the season. The 6 game winning streak in December was very timely as we approached January and I was sure we could build on it and push for promotion.

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 466317
Well after our poor start to the season where at one stage we were 15th, we bounced back with a couple of good runs to climb up the table and I'm pleased to be in contention at the start of the new year. An eight point gap won't be easy to close but I think the team are settled and used to the tactics which has shown in the results. Fingers crossed for promotion!

FA CUP

View attachment 466316
To be honest, I was quite pleased with our progress in the FA Cup. We didn't do anything special but got through a few rounds, beating Skrill Premier side Salisbury on the way, but I am disappointed at who we went out to. I did use a different tactic and it back-fired but the league is the focus.

FA TROPHY

View attachment 466315
Only got through one round and I was never really that bothered about this competition.

Player of the Update

View attachment 466314View attachment 466313

Josh Scott - This was an easy decision. The man on loan from Dag & Red was on form despite our indifferent form and scored 19 in 19 before getting injured! This was a blow but the other strikers have stepped up with a few goals thankfully. Hopefully Scott will bang in more when he returns.

Other News

View attachment 466312
Just one bit of news is that our winning streak was as Ebbsfleet record. Hopefully we continue to break records in the future! I also got manager of the month but the team are the important ones.

January Transfers

View attachment 466289

EBBSFLEET UNITED

January Transfers

View attachment 466286
Only a quick update as there weren't too many transfers to report. As you can see, a few new additions in Moke, Graham and Collin. Moke and Graham are young players and will compete for spots on the wings, with the AML position being the main area that needed improving. Collin was brought in for a bit more experience up front as we need to make sure we score and with Josh Scott getting injured, hopefully he will step up.

*I'm up to March currently on the save, with 10 games remaining so should finish that soon and then will post the end of season update.. Will I catch Boreham Wood and get automatic promotion!?*​

I'm looking to start a save with Ebbsfleet as my last save for FM13. Are you using LFCMarshall's update?

I'm looking to start a save with Ebbsfleet as my last save for FM13. Are you using LFCMarshall's update?

Yes I am, they have a load of money but it's difficult to get any players of quality to start with. Need to get promoted and turn pro! Let me know if you start a story, be good to see how you do.

Yeah I may do, I'm just trying to make a tactic before I start. Maybe looking a doing a 4-1-3-2 with no wingers, just 3 CM's and a DM

Yeah good idea, they don't have great wide players. Tom Phipp is a good player and Ashley Carew is decent! Good luck.

End of Season Review

END OF SEASON REVIEW
View attachment 465848

League Fixtures

View attachment 465847View attachment 465846

After our very inconsistent start to the season, we started to pull it back around the half-way stage and got ourselves into a good place. In the end we had a fantastic end to the season going 13 games unbeaten and losing just once in the last few months, which showed how well the players had done.

Player Statistics

View attachment 465844View attachment 465843

View attachment 465842View attachment 465841View attachment 465840

Certainly in the second half of the season the players really impressed and we used a number of players who always gave 100%. There were a couple of stand out players worth mentioning. Ashley Carew had a great season with 18 assists in all, Tom Phipp got 11 goals and 12 assists and was a regular in the team and Nathan Elder, who filled in (along with Frannie Collin) for Josh Scott in banging in the goals. It was a team effort this year for sure!
Player of the Season

View attachment 465839
This was a pretty obvious choice as Paul had a fantastic year with 8 PoM's and a few goals thrown in, which were all very important in their own right. He was a rock! His experienced head helped us this year and I expect more of the same next year.

... but was it enough to win the league/gain promotion!?

League Table

View attachment 465838
YES WE DID!! Unbelievable comeback from the boys, we had a great run of results and at one point were 10 points behind Boreham Wood but ended up winning the league by 5 points as they dropped points in the last 2 games. There were some big wins, scoring late and coming from behind and we fulfilled our aim and are back in the Skrill Premier!:D

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!

New Contract

View attachment 465837
Just a side note - I was offered a new contract by the club. They offered me a 1-year deal but I negotiated a 2-year one so I can build the squad and hopefully get into the Football League.

Best Eleven

View attachment 465836
This was our best 11 for the year. Will be interesting to see how this changes and develops of the following seasons!

Join me for the next update where I will go through my new season preparations and transfers!

Guys feel free to suggest any players to sign for next season, if you want to see any screenshots or any general feedback is always welcome!

Nice season man! What formations have you used?

Nice season man! What formations have you used?

Thanks! Was actually really enjoyable, despite making hard work of it. I used mostly a 4-3-2-1 formation or 4-4-2 which was more direct. I had another tactic but rarely used it, thinking of using a 4-5-1/4-3-3 next season

Good work in the promotion. Check out Luke Berry from Cambridge United :)