I've gone for a 4-1-2-2-1 with a DM, 2 CMs, an AML and an AMR. We'll see how it goes. I'll start a story on Saturday perhaps as I'm really busy with work at the moment

Season 2 - Skrill Premier

NEW SEASON UPDATE
View attachment 465488

So after our title-winning season we began preparing for the new season where we had high hopes.

Turning Pro

View attachment 465487
I got straight on to the board about becoming professional and they happily obliged. This will help us with training and offering longer contracts.

Season Expectations/Promotion Odds

View attachment 465486View attachment 465485

So the board have set the objective of getting a top-half finish which is a fair enough ask for this year, but obviously there are high expectations and i think we can push for promotion after looking at our new additions to the squad. This is also shown in the promotion odds, 7-4 means we are up there so hopefully we can do it!

Transfers

View attachment 465484
View attachment 465483View attachment 465482View attachment 465481View attachment 465480

There was quite a bit of transfer activity as a number of players had short contracts which I let expire and I looked to really improve the squad which i think we did. 13 players in, 12 out is quite an overhaul but it was necessary and I think it will make us very competitive, coupled with a new tactic. I know i spent a lot of money but I really want to get us into the Football League and beyond!

Of the players bought in, these are a few key players who will make big impacts!

Next update will be pre-season, followed by the new season! Stayed tuned and enjoy.

Good Luck with the new season. I've just gotten GTA 5 and FIFA 14 so haven't played FM in a while but I'll keep checking on your progress and start my own soon

Cheers guys, glad you're enjoying it. The update will be up soon, wasn't sure if people were that interested but will start getting some bi-monthly updates out soon as!

Pre-Season (Season 2)

EBBSFLEET UNITED
View attachment 465124

Pre-Season
View attachment 465123
A mixture of results, but they don't really tell the whole story. I used pre-season to test out a different tactic/formation and the first game we should've won as we dominated, the Leicester game I got it a bit wrong tactically but we finished pre-season well beating the likes of Championship Brentford. We scored a number of goals and had a lot more shots and possession than we used to so I'm pleased and hope this tactic will serve us well.

Extra Additions

View attachment 465122View attachment 465121View attachment 465120

Despite signing 13 players before the start of the season, we never stop looking for good players to improve the team and to be fair most of the squad weren't quite up to the standard of this league if we wanted promotion. The DR was an area that was weak, which Donaldson would improve and we also got a promising youngster in May. All the players are young which I like.

A few players left and with a lot of changes to the squad I expect it will take a few months to fully gel but then we should crack on!

Next update will be August/September results, lets hope we start well! How do you think we'll do!?

How's things going? I did start a save but didn't get into with work and ps3 taking all my time up (and my gf!) so going to start again. Tempted to use one of the Sacchi tactics

Not played it too much, for similar reasons as you! I've also started a Youth Challenge as i think it would be quite fun. Yeah i've seen good results with the Sacchi tactics, especially the 4-4-2

Hey cps, I've just finished my first season. Going do a story later :)