Ebbsfleet United FC - Kuwait till we're at the top Man City

Comad

Reaction score
Background
I was looking to join the MyFootballClub and have a hand in the future of a team, that team being Ebbsfleet United, back in 2008. I found I lost interest in the idea but never lost my interest in the club, especially with them going on to win the FA Trophy that year!​

MyFootballClub
In November 2007 MyFootballClub announced their interest in buying the club for around ?700k. The idea was for MyFootballClub's members to pay ?35 each. The members were then to help make decisions in the running of the club. By late 2010 interest in the scheme had reduced massively. Once Christmas 2011 came round it was announced that the club needed to raise ?50k by the end of the 2011/12 season or risk going into administration or folding. Come April 2013 MyFootballClub's members had voted in favour of handing over two thirds of their shares to a fans trust and the remaining third to one majority shareholder, believed to be Phil Sonsara.​

Kuwaiti Takeover
After being relegated for a second time in 3 years the club was in financial disarray. Fortunately Dr Abdulla Al Humaidi came to the clubs rescue. He stated that he "wanted to build a football club" and that "he wanted to take something from scratch and really build it up". He promised a ?100k transfer fund and an ?8k-a-week wage budget in order for the club to get kick-started.
I find that with a club with such an erratic recent history, having great funds
and being able to start at the very bottom make this club an ideal candidate for a long-term save.

Which is why I'm making it my last save for FM13

Introduction to the Team
and
First Season
Coming tomorrow sometime :p

Last edited:
I'm not sure why the pound sign is showing as a weird question mark :S
Will get some more written up later

Conan Darnell takes over as new manager at Ebbsfleet!

View attachment 464224

Ebbsfleet announce the signing of Conan Darnell as new manager.
Darnell is said to be excited at the project underway at the club and wanted to play a big part of the club's future. He followed on to say that he want to work in conjunction with the board to develop the facilities currently at the club and to try to produce a bit of homegrown talent for the crowd to get behind.
Insisting on producing consistent performances from the squad, redeveloping the squad and pushing the club to all new highs, Darnell is sure to become a fan favourite if he follows through with his wishes and desires.

Mr Darnell has told journalist's he plans on revamping the squad heavily over the course of the season and this has shown in the signings he has made:
View attachment 464223

Planned Tactics

Conan Darnell has admitted he's an admirer of other manager's philosiphies and tactics, and as suh is intending to use seanhrfc's Arrigo Sacchi 442 tactic. This is because he has seen it has provided much success for many teams across the world, it is defensively solid and is not an overly complicated tactic which he appreciates.
View attachment 464222
seanhrfc's Arrigo Sacchi tactic can be found here:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ure-attacking-tactic-top-teams-underdogs.html

Important Players For The Season Ahead

When asked who is going to be the most important player for him in the season to come Mr Darnell reacted in unusual fashion, asking the journalists, "Why does there have to be just one important player?". It seems a good point with Conan going on to name six players who he feels will be integral to their promotion chances.
Paul Lorraine
View attachment 464221
Conan followed mentioning Paul with a cheeky remark,"with a smile like that, how could I not pick Paul as one of my most important players? If he keeps that smile up all season I'll tie him down to the longest contract a man has ever seen!"
Gareth Gwillim
View attachment 464220
The fullback is held in high regard by the manager and is one of the most solid looking players in the side.
Josh Scott
View attachment 464219
The striker on loan from Dagenham & Redbridge will need to lead the line of attack for the team
Ashley Carew
View attachment 464218
The pacey winger will have to find form to help propel the team into the Skrill Premier
Mirko Ranieri
View attachment 464217

Signed on a free after his Tottenham release this boy is set for a bright future at the club
Jaanai Gordon
View attachment 464216
Signed on loan from Peterbrough after the two teams set up an affiliation, Jaanai will bolster the front line

The First Season

Ebbsfleet win the Skrill South!Finishing the season on 88 points, losing only 6 games and with a goal difference of +43 Ebbsfleet secured the league in Conan Darnell's first season. Upon being quizzed as to how it felt he replied, "Well it didn't go too badly" finished off with a little grin and informed us all that he was going on holiday, as were the boys and that "they all thoroughly deserve a break".

Player Stats
Upon return from his holiday Conan Darnell held a press conference on the past season. During it he praised all his players for the efforts they made during the season, but informed them that the club would need to look at signing new players to help compete in the Skrill Premier. When asked about Paul Lorraine and his signing of a new contract Mr Darnell looked glum, "unfortunately I'm going to let Paul move on, I don't feel he will get much play time next season and I wouldn't like to see him unhappy on the bench, I've wished him all the best".
When asked how the club was looking at progressing Darnell replied, "We are looking into turning professional and tying down players to full-time contracts, I'm looking to bring in a lot of new players and staff over the transfer window. Hopefully we'll be in a good place once the season is under way. I've also spoken to the board about improving the training and youth facilities here and they have duly obliged and they should be all up and running by mid November".
View attachment 464202

Season 2 Preseason and Transfers coming shortly