xambo

Reaction score
Ebbslfeet United "Rags to Riches"

I have started a new long save with an English team Ebbsfleet United. Its a club with no reputation and probably most of you never heard of them. They are currently in the Vanarama Conference South division (Division 6) in England and the challenge is to get them to the premier league and win it. Then off course win the Champions League.

I will be posting here the progress recap in post updates and video uploads to get the story interesting.

Main immediate challenges :

-low transfer budget
-find cheap players that will help the team.
-try to win promotion first season if possible.

This is a video teaser about the upcoming series. This video is look into the future 10 seasons later. Hope you guys enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zudcyQnDp0

The season starts and our team lacks quality to challenge for the league title. This is the expectaion of the media. We have a transfer budget of 5k which is equvilant to zero. This will be a long search for cheap (free transfer) players that are decent with minimal wages.

Players in this level of football are just bad. I mean a good striker at this level will have a finishing of 11. Also some good midfielders have passing of 10. Comparing that to the leagues other teams shows that this is the "norm" in this division.

I have one decent player named Willmott with 12 pace and 12 dribbling. I have to make him a focus of my team and try to use his quality.

View attachment 143866

I am really excited about this project as it seems challenging. Just what I like in Football Manager.

As I am using Video to show the progress of my team I made another recap for the first 2 seasons. This will show the transfers we made the fixtures and some good results. Plus how we ended up the season. Did we promote in the first 2 seasons ? or did we face unexpected difficulties ?

Enjoy the recap !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-9UHbxGkgQ

Thanks. It has been a great first 2 seasons. Finding good free transfer players is difficult. If you continue the video you will see I also reached League 2 in the 2nd season.

My winger Willmott has been an important player in winning promotion. Let's hope he keeps fit for next season.

I will give you another update soon about my situation in League 2.

I had an ebbsfleet save on FM2015, I won the play off final and got into league 2 and then FM2016 came out

Yeah it is a fun team to manage in the lower league. Give it another try :)

The recap for Season 2017/2018 is here. We have reached League 2 with a decent team and we need to see how we can perform. There will definitely be lots of transfers this summer. A transfer budget of 50k is much better than before this time but we do have a decent wage budget which I will make use off.

Plyers wise we still have Willmott and a couple of more decent players but none of them are guaranteed a place in the squad if we do find better players. I just like the summer transfer market and the search for cheap talent hidden in unknown teams.

I am running this tactics most of the season.

View attachment 143034

Couter attack football with a tight marking and getting stuck in. We were going to make it a physical season if we ever want to promote let alone survive relegation.

Some surprises, some decent goals, and a lot of transfers this season. This is a look at the recap and how things went.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAJSK4WGq9c

Season 2018/2019 is over and we did really well. Actually we overperformed a lot this season againt most teams. Buying 13 players in the summer transfer most of them first team quality was the key here. In lower divisions most players we buy are just temporary for that particular level or league. Since there arent much choices most players available are just decent and better quality players dont want to move to a low reputation club. Maybe just 3-4 first team player from last season are with us this season but other than it has been a big squad overhaul each season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMgnhCfulS0

So cut to the chase we played a 4-2-3-1 formation this season again with focus on getting stuck in and quick direct football. It has done us wonders. With two quick wingers and good finisher up top (Gonzalez).

These are his attributes.

View attachment 140668

With that said we finshed the league as winners with a 12 point difference from 2nd place. A very comfortable league 2 win. This team actually has better quality and I am optimistic about a couple young ones. League 1 here we come !!

View attachment 140667

We are certainly moving away from RAGS and getting closer to Riches.

This is a vieo recap of the season. Our transfered players, fixture results and I also added our best two matches highlights. These two matches were important to our league victory. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMgnhCfulS0

Anyone has any tips on buying players from south america if you are in League 1 English ? It seems very difficult.