Echte Liebe auf den ersten Blick - a Dortmund Story

wonderkid360

Reaction score
The title, if your wondering, translates roughly to "true love at first sight" Echte Liebe (true love) being the clubs motto.
So hello and welcome to my Dortmund story thread thingy mabob. I already am about a month into this save, I wanted to test the tactic I will be using (full credit to andrichbrand) so the OP will be a "quick" round up of what I have done so far.

The Team
Goalkeepers
Roman Weidenfeller
A pretty good goalkeeper, could do with more mentally, but solid nonetheless.

Mitchell Langerak & Johannes Focher
I'm looking to sell both of them, neither is needed with the addition of my new signing,

Timo Horn
A great young german goalkeeper, signed for just 3.8 million. He's almost as good as Weidenfeller at 12 years younger then him!

Defenders
Neven Subotic
A good player technically and physically, not so good mentally, first team quality nonetheless.

Mats Hummels
Simply amazing. One of the best defenders in the game, has no real weakness at all.

Sokratis (You know the rest)
Another excellent defender, however for now he is confined to right back while Lukas Pis-something is injured.

Marcel Schmelzer
Not the best left back ever, but reasonably strong nevertheless.

Domagoj Vida
Signed as backup for Hummels and Subotic, hes pretty good, and hardly demands any wages, but is lacking in some areas. Signed for an upfront fee of around 6mill, rising to 7,250,000.

Lukasz ****
I cant really comment on him as I havent seen him play yet (he is injured for a while) but his defensive ability needs working on.

Midfield
Marco Reus
His perfomance in pre season (2 goals, 6 assists) have really made me wonder why nobody has activated his 30mill release clause. I tried to renegotiate his contract, but he wants too much in wages.

Kevin Grosskreutz
Hes only played one game - in which he was great - but he looks pretty good, although not first choice. His crossing needs work.

Sebastian Kehl
dem mental stats doe....

Nuri Sahin
Top quality, with a creativity of 19 (!) and altogether some nice mental and technical attributes.

Sven Bender
A younger kehl, he and rode will fight it out for the spot next to the aformentioned beast.

Sebastian Rode
Signed for 6.5 million, the young (22) german is a younger.... bender?

Jonas Hoffman
Gets my first team spot... just, he and Grosskreutz will fight it out for left winger.

Jakub BS
His name is so bs, his form is so bs, hes Jakub bs. And hes got pretty nice physical stats to.

"Hakan"
This turkish lad, signed from HSV for about 5 mill upfront, has really nice technical stats for a 19 year old.

Pajtim Kasami & and Henrik Muck
Not much to say about these two. Pajtim signed as backup for AM, henrik out for ages.

Strikers
Robert Lewandowski
The best player in the squad, without a doubt. The board signed him a contract extension to :D

Pierre (and the rest)
A nice backp striker, his form so far has been good, amazing phsical stats others not so good.

Mark Ducksh & Julian Scheiber
Both backup strikers. Not much to say.....

TEH VERDICT

So all in all, a very nice balanced squad. We should (and have been) do well.

Transfers
View attachment 426991
So here are the deals I made, I've spoken about who came in, now to talk about whos going out!

So Gundogan is out. This allowed me to buy a lots of new players, strengthen the squad, and I doubt Ill even miss him :D

The line up:
View attachment 426990
So tahts it for now, Ill have pre season up sometime later then I will go live :D

Goals:
Win the league.
Win both games against bayern.

Win the europa league
Win the CHAMPIONS league.
Win a trophy with an all german side (this one is mo
re long term)
Become number 1 in the hall of fame.
Get some badass regens, and play them.
Win something with regens only.
Win the treble.
Win every trophy possible (not in the world, with dortmund.)
Be the epitomy of badassery.

Last edited:
good luck...bayern have dominated german football for far too long

July 2013
The results
View attachment 426967
Dortmund 4 Club Brugge 0
View attachment 426966
The start of out 2 game tour in belgium went well, although it was nothing compared to charleroi.
Dortmund 9 Olympic Charleroi 0
View attachment 426965
Too easy. We could've had even more, just a romp.
Dortmund 4 NEC 0
View attachment 426964
Another simple game. Not much to say, we won.
Dortmund 3 Pescara 2
View attachment 426963
The only friendly in which we were threatened. I played a b team to give my first teamers a rest for the bayern game, but we should still be winning this much more easily.

The Super Cup Final: Dortmund V Bayern
View attachment 426962
The big one. The super cup final and our first trophy of the season baby (hopefully the first of many). i thought this would be easy after we went up after 49 seconds and we kept them out of it for most of it, but they showed resilience. We had no good penalty takers, so i was worried but we won easily.
View attachment 426961
Month Summary
A excellent month on a whole, some easy wins in the friendlies (other then the scare v pescara). We won v Bayern, which is great, hopefully we cant start to assert our dominance and become the best club in germany.
Player Of the Month:
Marco Reus
3 apps, 2 goals and 6 assists
An outstanding month for all the team, but Marco was the start performer.