dave1112

Reaction score
Eder Alvarez Balanta (DC, DL and DM)

This player is the first player i always sign, regardless of what save i use, reliable in the first season and simply gets better and better, I'm currently in my 4th season as Everton manager

Here are his stats to begin with

View attachment 377848

This is him in his 4th season for me
View attachment 377843

As you can see he has developed nicely and has been a first team regular, replacing Phil Jagielka

Alongside Baines, Marquinhos (signed for 16.5m) and Coleman

Baines and Coleman both being great servants for my title challenges

Being best suited to a Central Defender Role, As defend mind set

View attachment 377841

All this for 10m or 19.5 million if River won't budge, luckily they did for me

Last edited:
Ive just signed him as ive just started up as Southampton. Hoping he comes on great!

I done 4 seasons with Celtic then joined Bayern Munich and this player was already there. He was terrific throughout the season. Non stop clubs coming in during the transfer window with ?40m+ bids for him. Definitely a wonder kid and recommended purchase.

Every year there are a few players that are the "easy signings" for players. This guy is one of them. I try to avoid him since my first season of playing when the game first became available. It gets boring fast to sign the same players - especially ones that you know are -10 and under 10m.... lol ;) because even when I sell him on for a large profit I feel guilty/like I'm cheating and makes the game a lot less fun. I've signed him for less before and more too. I'm guessing yours is going to have a PA of around 175-185. Usually if they hold out for about 12m you know he's going to be the best in the game. Never, ever have I paid more than ?12m.

All the power to the people who do decide to sign him however.

It's all down to preference at the end of the day, it's fair enough to you that you like to go different ways about it, but regardless, this player is always a consistent performer and a must buy in my eyes

It's all down to preference at the end of the day, it's fair enough to you that you like to go different ways about it, but regardless, this player is always a consistent performer and a must buy in my eyes
Also, i paid 10 million but on other saves i've paid amounts like 8m or 7.5m

Great discovery! Nobody knows him! :p

Btw I think that he's one of the most overrated players of FM14. I've had him in two different saves (including the one I'm playing atm) and his average rating has always been just decent (7.10-7.20 max). Doria is much better than him imho.

Its got to be either Balanta or Doria at Botafogo best young centre backs

I always sign balanta if I can. His only problem is that his injury proneness is random, so sometimes he is very injury prone :(

Yeah i always seem to buy him on any saves i make and train him on his jumping.. Becomes a beast.

ive just started my second season with southampton i was going to sign balanta but southampton start with ?0 so in my second season i have managed to sign him for 8.5 mill and verrati from psg 12.25 mill

Not on topic, but just thought it was interesting, he has made the 23 man World Cup squad for Colombia!

I was getting ?45m bids for him in the second season with Newcastle. Not all of it up front, but it was a great offer. Rejected it though. Surprised Mike Ashley didn't accept it for me!

I have started to notice that more and more, he has been injured as much as Jack Wilshire, it's becoming increasingly annoying as he is my first team and first choice defender