Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderO

Reaction score
As the topic says Edinson Cavani vs. Radamel Falcao. Whom do you choose and why? How have they performed for you? Wanted to hear everyone elses opinion on the two worldclass-players.

Managed to buy Radamel Falcao from Atletico Madrid to Real Madrid in my previous save, but didn't get to play him as the save crashed before he arrived. He had played about 30+ matches for Atletico Madrid and having scored a staggering 42 times, if Im not misstaken. Since I've started a new Real Madrid save, one of my main objectives is either Edinson Cavani or Radamel Falcao, if able to unsettle him enough so that he wants to come. Which of these BEASTS do you think are the best?

Last year Cavani was most definitely the best striker on the game, I've had Falcao for a few games and he did well before my Liverpool save got corrupt. Haven't experienced Cavani yet, Neither have I played against Napoli yet so.

Well i would go for Cavani, he has great finishing, heading, first touch, off the ball, composure, strength. Plus he is a team player with decent passing and has a great pace which Falcao lacks. In my Tottenham save i bought him for 33 mill and he scored 50 goals in 43 games as well as got 14 assists while scoring 4 massive goals in his debut. Since you are in Real Madrid you should go for Cavani as he has less wage demand than Falcao.

Falcao is world class in FM13. Signed him for Arsenal for a fee of £25.5M and he's been immense. In the third season now and he's played 54 league games and scored 50 goals. Won player of the year last season too. I used Cavani in FM12 with Real Madrid and he scored around 30 league goals per season, not sure about how good he is in FM13 though.

I like Cavani myself.

Pros:
20 finishing, 19 off the ball after Season1.
no weakness, strength in team plays.
Can play any role as a Strike. You can even play him as wingers/inside forward if you have to.
High stamina, almost 100% attendance for you
Almost no injury concerns, I had him for 5 season, he only injured 4 times and all from National team duties.

Weakness:
His personality is a little weak. (if he is like shevchenko's personality he will be the best player in the game)
So far not very successful for me as tutor to my youth

Thanks for all the answers. Love both players, and will be going for either one of them at the end of the season. Feels like it doesn't really matter which of them you go for, you will get what you want from these two beasts.

And Im leaning towards brining in Edinson Cavani. Sounds good that he develops that much after just one season, and will surely go cheaper than Radamel Falcao. The fact that he is able to play down the right flank is also a plus.

Both players are so close in quality that it doesn't really matter. Although it depends how you're going to use them. I personally think, as a pure no.9, up front by himself, Falcao has the edge over Cavani. I've used both as poachers by themselves in different saves, and Falcao puts 90% of his clear cut chances away. If you're going for somebody who is slightly more versatile, then go for Cavani. Although I would decide this purely based on price, seeing as you are Real Madrid and already have decent strikers. Go for the cheaper option.

I was PSG, and sold Ibra to Spurs, both were my best options to replace Ibra, finally I chose Falcao coz he's cheaper and asked €140K/week...
Fans were hilarious after his arrival...

Status
Not open for further replies.