MufcTactics

Reaction score
So having become bored with FM2014, I've decided to go back to my favourite game of the franchise, FM2012. Seeing as the Editor Data is now 3 years out of date, I've decided to do some major editing, to get it as update to date as possible, but I do need a little help.

Where I need help is mainly in name changes to competitions, awards and teams. I've done the ones I know, like the Npower Championship to SkyBet Championship. If you know of any other competition name changes that would need to be done, help would be greatly appreciated. As for awards, I've changed the World Golden Ball to Fifa Ballon d'or. I'm sure there are more but that's not really something I know a lot about, so again any help there would be greatly appreciated. With Team changes, I'm not sure if any teams have really changed their names, but I'm sure there are plenty out there. Mainly I've been shortening the names of some teams, for instance, Real Madrid had it's full name as something like Real Madrid CF. CAS, where as now its just Real Madrid. (Those letters annoy me). I've done the team name changes to Benfica and Porto, just not sure what else needs to be done.

Also, if there are any Stadium name changes you guys can think off, that would again be greatly appreciated. Ive changed Man City's to The Etihad, and also added in the planned upgrade. I've set West Ham to move into the Olympic Stadium in 2016. This again isn't something I pay much attention too in real life so need all the help I can get.

As for transfers, I don't really need help here this is the part that is easy to find all the relevant information, it just takes a long time. I've been setting up all transfers to happen as future transfers on the correct dates they happen, for the correct amount of money too. Whilst doing them I've been doing making changes to CA/PA where I feel the need too. I started doing this on the 7th Nov 2014, so far I've completed Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal's transfers in and out. I've also done all manager changes for the top 5 or 6 European leagues.

I'm not really sure what else there is to change, so if there is anything I've missed, please do feel free to let me know. Not sure how much interest this will get, but as 2012 is my favourite footy manager I want to make a real go of doing this. Thanks again in advance for any help.

hello

noticed this thread by googling for a decent update for this wonderful game, which doesnt exist unfortunately. everything is either not up to date or errors happen at a certain point in the game.
strange since this is maybe the top game from the series. i can only remember cm 01/02 or cm03/04 which can measure up to this one, so i'm glad that you took your time and effort to do a decent update.

how far are you by now? i'll be the whole weekend at home so i could give you a decent push with the update :)
when are you planning on releasing the update?

once again thank you very much

Hey. Things go pretty slow since I need to gather all the relevant information. So far I've done transfers for: Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, Newcastle, Spurs, Bayern, Dortmund, Roma, Juventus, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid.

As you can imagine doing 3 years worth of transfers for a club takes a while, especially when I'm setting them up as future transfers. I'm not sure how many teams I will do, mainly was planning on doing the teams from the top 5 or 6 European leagues, as well as the teams in the Champions League. I might do more depends really on how bored or tiring it gets.

I think so far I'm up to about 4000 people changes. Some transfers are slightly different, for example, players who have had multiple moves, I've simply set up their latest transfers. I've been upping a lot of potentials whilst I've been doing the transfers too. Hopefully this will make for a greater choice of world class youngsters. Still going to be a long time before I'm any near where I'm happy.

If you do have any certain teams you would like me to add to my list of transfers, feel free to let me know and I'll see what I can do.

thanx for the answer. i know it must be a hard job, thats why i offered my assistance :)

so far i've managed to get correct competition names for all portuguese competitions, club names for first division clubs and their respective presidents, stadium names and capacity.

has it any use for you? i could send you what i've done so far

later on i will do correct squad lists and continue with the other portuguese and german competitions.

if there's anything you want me to check let mw know :)

"3 years worth of transfers for a club"

so if i understand correctly you are making the complete accurate player history????

isn't that a bit too much work? i think what FM players really care is having the players in the correct teams, not so much the history....

EDIT: now i read the last part properly: "only set up the latest transfer..." ;)
its way better that way. people dont really care about the complete history of a player and its definetly less time consuming por you

keep up the work. let me know how i can send you what i already have

Last edited:
Anything helps, feel free to send me everything you have found, I'm sure it will be of great use. I have tomorrow of work, so I'm going to try and get a few more teams done. Most likely will be PSG, Napoli and some other Champions League sides. Might try and get some more of the Premiership teams done too.

If you really wanted, you could maybe look into National team managers, and their under 21 manager etc. That's something I haven't really looked at yet. I did plan on trying to get at least the top 40 or so nations to have their current staff.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it up here. Thanks again for the help

Yeah, setting up transfers as they happen. I know most people like having the teams correct from the start of the game. For me I like to see how the game plays out with the teams making the signings as they did in real life. I never liked it when I started a file and nearly all the team were making their debut in your first game. If that's not really something you want from your file, I could try and see where my brother is up to with his file, I'm sure he plays 2012, and has been just updating the teams so there correct straight from the start of the game.

champions and euro league teams leave the portuguese and german teams up to me. i will look into it over the weekend
as for the national team and under 21 manager goes.... whats do u need besides the name? date of birth and nationality is enough?

Forgot to reply about the National Manager part. Mainly would be nice to know who was in charge of the National Team now, and who is in charge of at least the Under 21's.

I'm trying to make sure that clubs and national teams have the managers they have now, not when the game started. Kind of the opposite of the players. I think I did the top 5 or 6 Leagues, so they should all have the correct manager now, unless I couldn't find them, then I just left them manager-less. I will have to change David Moyes to be Real Socieded manager now :D

Of course we want the present national managers Eheheh
I just wasnt sure if you wanted the correct birth date, heights and so on for each and every one of them. that of course for the ones you have to make new

Last edited: