Editing stats in an existing game?

Slowdive

Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked before so feel free to newb slap me and point me at a link.

I am currently into my second season with Liverpool and all I really want to do with the editor is make Aquilani a marginally better player.
So question is can I use the editor to buff his stats slightly and some how get the improved player into my existing game?

Thanks in advance for advice or assistance.

Let me just warn you mate that FMRTE is a third-party application so it may screw up your saved game,use with great caution

Thanks for your help guys, I still cant seem to get it to save my changes even with FMRTE. I will head over to their forums unless some one passes by here with a burning need to explain how to improve a players stats to be used with a save game, instead of new game.

How do you not get it? You click 'load game' on the FMRTE, then enter the name of the player who's stats you want to change. Double click when it comes up, click on their name in the bottom left, then their stats should be on screen. Just remove the number they currently have (out of 20) in the stat you wish to change and put in a replacement figure. Then click 'save changes' near the top of the programme and 'Hey Presto!'.