Editing the Internet

CalumE5

Luis Suarez!
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share something I learnt today from one of my friends, which uses an "Internet Edit Code". It basically allows you to change anything on any website, from text to picture sizes. It's obviously nothing permanent, and is for your viewing only, but it was incredibly satisfying to change the BBC so that it said my name next to the Scotland goalscorer XD

Anyway, enough chat, the code is:
javascript:document.body.contentEditable='true'; document.designMode='on'; void 0

Go on your chosen website, paste the code into the URL bar, enter, nothing will seem to have changed, but you just have to play about with it a bit, and it gets easy!

If you do anything you want to share, feel free to post screenshots of results! :)

Enjoy!

I knew it!
cheers for posting that, is quite fun to edit random pages :)

Meh who needs to edit things when you can destroy them instead?

javascript:var%20s%20=%20document.createElement('script');s.type='text/javascript';document.body.appendChild(s);s.src='http://erkie.github.com/asteroids.min.js';void(0);

Decided to fix the stories section.

Last edited:
:'( :'(

EDIT - I didn't delete my post, Lee did :(

Last edited:
It won't work for me. I pasted javascript:document.body.contentEditable='true'; document.designMode='on'; void 0 onto BBC and it wouldn't work

Lee I thought mine was good :( Are there any websites like that, that you'd allow so I can put it on?

Lee I thought mine was good :( Are there any websites like that, that you'd allow so I can put it on?

If you want to link that sort of thing, tag it as NSFW and don't embed the image. Link to it.

Sigh, why are alot of these about me :'(

Table of Dreams |)

Edit i failed Blackpool are there twice :(