Status
Not open for further replies.

artod4789

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been playing FM for a long time, but this is really the first time I've sat down and played it really in depth. I'm in my second year of my Liverpool career in the Jan. transfer window. I was finally able to sign Isco from Malaga (after several tries and reattempts through reopening old save games) by changing my transfer budget to give more to wages (he wanted 85k/wk). So my questions:

1. I had a transfer budget of 42M and he cost 17.5. I had 100k of room for wages. When I didn't change the budget, I was told I only could pay him up to 75k/wk even though I had 100k before reaching my limit. I don't understand that. Why say I have 100k left and then not let me use it?

2. I ended up changing my budget down to give about 200k/wk free to use with a transfer budget of about 25M or so, and it that gave me the ability to offer 85k/wk max. That and some serious incentives got him onto the team. But then after he joined, I just changed my transfer budget back to the way it was. Is this how transfer budgets work? I don't think I understand the budgeting system all that well.

Nevermind. Figured it out. I hadn't changed the Squad Status. So once I did, that freed up more money for me to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.