Editing Websites for Screenshots >READ< :D

Jamees

Reaction score
Have you ever wanted to edit the web pages of another website? This simple line of code makes it possible.
Of course you can’t actually edit the actual web page but you can edit the page as you see it on your screen.
All you need to do is visit the site you want to edit, paste the code below into your web browser address bar (tested in Firefox & IE7) and hit the Enter button.
Then simply select a portion of text on the page and start editing.

javascript:document.body.contentEditable=true;document.designMode=on;void0

i think it would be usefull for FM storys for screenshots and stuff thats why i posted it :D

yeaa you can, Screenshot it when your done then save the screenshot

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

1. type in the Code in your desired Website
2. Edit it
3. Screenshot it
4. Paste in word
5. Save it wherever you like

yeah but you cant save what you did to the website so when other people go on it they can see what you've done

We're not trying to Save the changes, Just edit the page for Fm Storys or whatever.

What he means is, you can for instance edit a BBC news story for the OP of your story. Thanks for sharing; very helpful.

This is great thanks. Have you seen the news though?
Benitezsacked.png

I'll just stick to the photoshop layouts that are in a stickied topic. Good work, though.

That is actually immense. Amazing find, you've helped loads of people :D

Aha, I have been messing about with the Work's homepage. Cheers for this.

cheers guys ive known about this for ages but i didnt twig untill this morning :D

My mate showed me this in school maybe 2-3 years ago but completely forgot - didn't help that I didn't save the code anywhere!

Cheers for this, helps the world of FM-Base greatly. Story tellers must take note of this.

Okey :D i have known about this for years aswell but i totally forgot lol