EDK's WINNING WITH WEAK TEAM! QPR 2-3-2-2-1 STEADY CCCs

• Thread starter Thread starter edk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 19K

edk

Reaction score
Was playing with QPR for quite some time and finally able to get some success and would like to share my tactic. I have tested the tactic with QPR by replaying few new seasons and the results were consistently good. If you look at the result screens there is quite a bit of CCC's and other chances created from this tactic. This tactic did very well against mid to lower bottom team, basically dominating them but against stronger opponent it's only doing ok but i am playing with QPR here with almost 90% of the original cast so maybe better team will do better. Alright here's my tactic

Formation:
edkqpr0.jpg

Results & Stats:

Final League Table for my current season
edkqpr15.jpg

League Winning Game against Man Utd (5 cccs against 0)
edkqpr13.jpg

Players & roles

Goalkeeper - due to the formation only having 2 CB at defence there is a lot of 1 on 1 situation for the gk and therefore he should have good 1 on 1, reflex, shot stopping

Left Center Back - corner goal scorer so jumping, heading , tackling, marking

Right Center Back - cover to catch fast striker so acceleration, anticipation, decisions & other defensive attributes

Left/Right Wing Back - acceleration, dribbling, crossing and important ppm hugs line/stick to left right, get forward

Deep Lying Playmaker (Alejandro Faurlin) - main playmaker so passing, decisions, creativity and important ppm look for pass than shoot, dictate tempo, try killer balls, he will look to pass long ball to poacher from deep.

Ball Winning Midfield Defend - midfield destroyer so strength, tackling, marking, aggression, bravery, basically strong and dirty player

Ball Winning Midfield Support - midfield link for defense to offence, find someone like Joey Barton :)

Left/right Inside Forward - inverted foot eg left wing with right strong foot and vice versa, acceleration, pace, finishing, flair, very important must have ppm cut inside or else this tactic will not work as expected, they are the main goal scorer

Poacher - acceleration, anticipation, finishing, composer, ppm beat offside trap, round keeper/place shot

WARNING
Team with very fast and excellent wingers, particularly Arsenal & Tottenham will usually destroy this tactic. My previous replays of few new seasons yields similar result and i have no idea how to fix it other than using a new tactic with other play style. Arsenal & Tottenham given most troubles other top teams are doing ok. With Tottenham & Gareth Bale the most terrible XD

Notes & tips
- Smallest pitch size.
- No opponent instructions.
- Match prep attacking movement on the day before match.

- Apply appropriate pre-match/HT team/individual talk. Recommend to use you have faith on each and every individual player unless the said player is complacent which should then use expect performance. Check the team talk effect after match and note down the effect on your key players so next time you can use the same talk with them. For example, i like to use asserted tone on players with high determination like Joey Barton as sometimes it motivates them and they very rarely feel nervous.

- Pick a captain who is ambitious or highly determine character. Best to find someone that never gets complacent at all so it won't affect the whole team's morale.

- Try to make sure your key players does not have issue with each others. If they do then pick one side and sacrifice the others, look for replacements.

- Try not to buy more than 2 players at start of seasons to allow better team blending.

IN-Match tweaking
- Pay close attention to your deep lying playmaker if you notice he is not doing well (rating below 6.5) then immediately change playmaker to your ball winning midfield or substitute him. If you have no subs for him and your other midfielder doing bad as well then untick use playmaker from team instructions.

- The goalkeeper distribute ball setting is set to defender collect ball by Left Wingback so pay close attention to him and if you notice he is not doing well (below 6.5) then immediately change the goalkeeper's player instruction to collect ball by Right Wingback. Likewise if one of the wingback is doing very good like after an assist or scores then change gk to distribute ball to him.

If you notice a lot of off sides for your poacher or he can't score then go to Tactics -> Team Instructions -> Target Man Supply change from Run onto ball to To feet. Look below screenshot of my backup striker (31 years old chap) who can't score with run onto ball but after change to To feet he performs incredibly!
edkqpr8.jpg
and some latest results below
edkqpr7.jpg
edkqpr6.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE QPR TACTIC

View attachment 213355
Your comments and suggestions are very welcome. Thanks!

Alternative tactic for different type of attacking players, NewCastle for me
- Change Ball Winning Midfield to Advance Playmaker.
- Change Inside Forward to minimum long shots for player with crappy longshots eg Jonas Guetirrez.
- Change Inside Forward crossing to target man for strong striker, eg Demba Ba.

DOWNLOAD HERE NEWCASTLE TACTIC
View attachment 215664

ncteam.jpg

nctbl.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind comments. I've just updated the first post with more important info/changes :)

make sure to post your final league position and details like match records (the window where you arrange matches)

Sure will do. And look this is what could happen when we pick the right captain. My QPR captain Fitz Hall ambitious and always looking to win, scores 2 goals in league cup finals for me and also influencing other team members to do well

edkqpr10.jpg

edkqpr11.jpg

Just i thought i could never get a win against Tottenham with this tactic :)

good work mate
I love these unusual formations

Thanks mate.
And i've just updated with a couple of very important in-match tweaking.

Could u post ur fixtures list instead of several picked matches.?
Playing Nottm Forest and got promotion to EPL, really interested by ur thread title..

Ok here's my fixture list mate, play a couple games just now and when i capture the screen the game crash and cannot be restart, steam keep giving errors jeez...though the screen is captured...

edkqpr12.jpg

Good luck to your Nottm Forest in EPL!

Any players we should think about signing in this mate? Looking at QPR's team they look abit weak in front of goal. Didn't seem to be a problem for you though.

QPR do not have many choice unfortunately, most good players are not keen to join even the wonder kids.
My main striker is Adel Taarabt, he won't score a lot of goals but he got a bit of assists. So far 23 apps, 14 goals, 10 assists, 4 mom.

What surprising me is Tommy Smith, he is quite beastly while Taarabt is not around. 20 apps 12 goals 6 assists 4 mom. Though i have to change my team instructions target man supply to To Feet otherwise he'll not effective at all. His ppm and stats are what my tactic needs except he does not have enough finishing & composer otherwise he'll become a monster, he already looking close to one as i have just finish a game with Liverpool winning 5-2 where he scores hat trick.

I would highly recommend to buy Johan Martial as cover defender. He is very good and actually he's the only player i bought when season starts. The original QPR team fits pretty good with this tactic, in fact i built the tactic with the mind of using all original QPR team. And i almost forgot to mention there is only 1 left wingback for QPR which is Armand Traore. I train Clint Hill as left wing back and as backup/rotation for him. I bought Djamel Mesbah in mid season as my main now and Traore became backup.

Hey mates, i've just won the league beating Man Utd 2-1 with 5 cccs against 0. Updated the first post with screens.
I am mighty satisfied with my current season, i have play through QPR first season for 5 times to tweak the tactic and finally this season i could won the league with the tactic.

If you gonna try this tactic with QPR please make sure you appoint Fitz Hall as captain (the unbreakable defend, mighty motivator and corner scoring machine) and frequently use Tommy Smith as your striker.
And btw i use Costas training, pretty good imo.

Ok here's my fixture list mate, play a couple games just now and when i capture the screen the game crash and cannot be restart, steam keep giving errors jeez...though the screen is captured...

edkqpr12.jpg

Good luck to your Nottm Forest in EPL!

Great result with QPR. Hope i can be that good with Nottm Forest.

I did use the same formation, just my FB is in line with CD. Will surely try ur tactic as currently a bit struggling...

Thanks izzice, hope you could share your progress with the tactic here if you decide to have a try.

Actually i tried with Fullbacks instead of Wingbacks in worrying of the defence getting very leaky. But then later i found using fullbacks could not achieve the attacking movement i would like to emulate and yet the defence were not helping much too.
I want them to always surge forward all the way to the byline and do crosses there. With the use of wingbacks and mentality set to maximum attack and the goalkeeper always distribute balls to them, they finally play more like what i want and the number of goals started from the wings proved just that. I got a lot of highlights from the gk passing to wingbacks surging forward crossing from byline or passing to inside forwards and so on.

do you think this can work the other way arround?i mean i manage a good team(at least at local level) and all the minnows have set their pitch sizes to minimum, giving me a lot of trouble easily countering any wide and aggressive tactic.so: i understand it works well on a small pitch, but if i am a heavy favorite playing an away game against a team that refuses to open up unless they conceede, than will it work?
p.s. i know the best thing will be for me to try, but i hope you understand how tough it has become to tweak tactics after the match prep was implemented and i dont think i will be able to find anything similar to easily switch to if this doesnt go well for me.

Hey Ivo, if i am not mistaken you're worrying about opposition team that park the bus right. There's a couple of my matches where i notice the cpu team employs 4-5-1 and i didn't notice any unusual problem, goal scores and chances are still pretty good. This tactic is more vulnerable to good team with very fast wingers like Arsenal/Tottenham.
I would assume the tactic will work even greater for more potential team, can't say for sure though but i am gonna try this with Liverpool next and post the progress here.

yes, you got me right.
ok thks, will give it a go, although im talking about a more specific case. i will deploy it with my CSKA Sofia i made them heavy dominate in the Bulgarian championship but it is still with middle class players, still the oposition is a lot weaker in the championship. so from 16 teams in the league 13 park the bus against me and the other 2 rely on counters.they play mostly 4-5-1 with 2 dm's so man marking the 3 attacking players is enough to ensure i do not leak more than 10 goals per season, but its still hard to score against them.i played them of with raikans and plain 4-2-3-1(as is in the FM basr) but the AI learned them well and exploits both verry heavy, so now i have a surprise for the oposition i hope :)it is an interesting challenge for your tactic so i will report back with some results as soon as i get them :)

Hey Ivo, i'm glad you decide to try my tactic. Looking into your situation, may i suggest you to also train my tactic with Overload setting. That means you'll have my usual tactic with Attacking setting and then my tactic with Overload setting. If you unable to score or get any key highlight for a long while (best time to do this should be 10-15 minutes before end of 1st half or 2nd half) then change the tactic to Overload version and after your team scores change back to Attacking as the opponent will start to play attacking football and that should provide a more effective situation for the tactic. Also when change to Overload it's best to substitute tired & low rating players with new players to maximize the effect. I tried this a couple times when my cannot score and missing many easy chances against easier opponent. It did the job for me!

Btw, i started my QPR season 2 and just finish all friendly matches with all the Champions League qualified teams and so far so good with my last match thrashing Bayern Munich 5-0.

Last edited:
Back