Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Are there any particular things you say to the press that seem to work consistently? I often talk to the press when prompted by my staff, but never really see any pattern in what I say and the results of it.

Reaction score
i personally havent seen a difference cant talk for anyone else though

Reaction score
i just say what the staff recommends with some discretion.. i dont see much of a difference

Reaction score
Nothing works consistently. I've had some success calling out individual players but then I've also been burned by doing it too. Normally that has good results if they're playing a weaker backup for an injured starter.

Reaction score
I beat Manchester City 7-0 after i said something about the manager. Never noticed a difference since then

Reaction score
finding young players with low determination and calling them out every week is a great way to lower opponents' morale, and we all know how important morale is.

It works consistently.

Also, making friends with other coaches is a good use of the media, not sure if it helps, but having other managers dislike you IS bad.

Reaction score
One of my favourite and my effective things to do is, when being trashtalked by a manager, going to the media and saying you've never heard of that manager and you don't care what they say. Usually I win or draw matches after I say this, plus it always makes me giggle when I say it about Mancini, Villas-Boas and the likes

Reaction score
Never noticed a difference. I only tend to do interviews to make the game seem more realistic.