Eggnog

Gregor

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
Years and years of watching American tv/films has brainwashed me into wanting to try some eggnog especially now it's round the 'holiday' season.

So eggnog, is it best to buy it ready made or to make it yourself.

& probs the main question, where in the UK can you buy it?

o, and anyway who has made it, can you recommend any good recipes?

I've not made it myself, but I had some homemade and it was delicous. Tried some ready made-wasn't as nice. Usually stores like Tesco will have it during the holiday period. Came across this for the recipe if any use:

Eggnog recipe Video

I've not made it myself, but I had some homemade and it was delicous. Tried some ready made-wasn't as nice. Usually stores like Tesco will have it during the holiday period. Came across this for the recipe if any use:

Eggnog recipe Video

Yeh ive had a look at some recipes, they tend to vary in what alcohol to add and whether or not you should 'cook' it. I assume youve no idea of the recipe of the eggnog you liked? any idea what alcohol was in it?

Yeh ive had a look at some recipes, they tend to vary in what alcohol to add and whether or not you should 'cook' it. I assume youve no idea of the recipe of the eggnog you liked? any idea what alcohol was in it?

You could always just add any alcohol of your choice, skipping the egg.

And eww, don't cook it. :(

I have to admit I don't everything that went in-mainly because I was already a bit drunk :$ But I do know Captain Morgans Spice Rum was used-and it was lovely. But some people use 3/4 cup of bourbon with a 1/4 cup of brandy. Or even Amaretto. But I've just checked, and the eggs are gently cooked to prevent bacterial infection

Last edited:
Never tried it an never want to.. Anything that contains 'nog' isn't for my likings XD