Eintracht Frankfurt 2nd season. Advice needed.

hera

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just ended my first season in Bundesliga on 3rd place and I quallified to the CL, so my team needs serious strengthening.

I'm looking for:
- two DLs who can play as CWB with good crossing, off the ball and shots from distance
- DR, normal fullback
- two BWMs
- left right-footed IF
- right winger
- AM who can play as a playmaker
- fast striker

I have more or less 15m Euros to spend. Looking for decent, not expensive players. They don't have to be U21 wonderkids. Thanks for any suggestions.

ST - Destro
AM - Praet
RW - Massimo Bruno
BWM - Yacob, Capoue

My striker recommendation
View attachment 451483

Signed him for Eintracht Frankfurt after the first season for 800k.
AM: what about Marc Stendera - Eintracht Frankfurt U19 ;) (needs some development in his physical attributes after the injury but will be an idol for the club)
MR/L: Sonny Kittel from your reserve squad might be worth a look as backup; Vitinho can be snapped up for free after first season
DL: signed Nikola Antic on bosman ruling after first season

Thanks, I'll have a look at them. I'm going to use Stendera as a second option on the AM position. Your striker is really on form as I see there :) How was Inui and Kadlec for you?

Inui plays fairly well for me as Winger or Inside Forward (both left and right side).
Kadlec didn?t perform in striker position for me (advanced forward attack), but i did not sell him because he can be a good player for the wings

View attachment 451306

Here is my best eleven screen for the first two seasons (Now, 3rd Season, i switched to a 4-3-3 formation, but the last 2 seasons my 4-4-2 had been a solid approach)
Try to renew contracts with Jan Rosenthal (Advanced Playmaker or Deeplying Forward) and Alex Meier (either as fast striker or creative/holding striker), they can be deadly for your opposition.
Did you play a good Euro League campaign first season?

I use Inui as IF on the left side and he did fairly well. 33 aps, 11 goals and 7 assists. Kadlec is my only striker upfront and I play him the same role as you do. At the beginning of the season he was really poor, but then started scoring for fun. 28 apps, 21 goals and 3 assists.

How did you manage to keep Rode? In my save he didn't want to renew his contract and left for free :(

I'm not quite sure about Rosenthal and Meier, how did they perform in the 2nd season?

Yeah, I had really good Euro League campaign. Here is the screen:
View attachment 451247
And this is the league table. How did you do in the 1st and 2nd season?
View attachment 451246
I'm going to sign Goncalves (thanks for advice) and probably Praet. Also Fiamozzi on the RB position and I'm trying to get Planas. PS Frankfurt is really great team to manage, best time I had with FM since 2011. I'm very happy about the 1st season since I played with the transfer window disabled, so sometimes I had to use midfielders drawn out from reserves like Bakalorz.

Last edited:
First Season: 4th + cup win, euro league was total failure with a 4th round loss on away goals to an underdog.
Second Season: Supercup win, champions league playoff loss against Inter 1-2 on aggregate (late goal surprise :'(), euro league group stage, Bundesliga 5th, cup finalist against Dortmund

CWB Santiago Garcia 8.02 avg for me playing as CWB 1-2mil
Hector Canteros AP/CM/AM quality 2-4mil
RW Candreva
BWM Camacho 5mil Diame 3.5mi
IF Jose Sosa 5Mil

Thanks, I already completed my squad.

He scored twice in his debut against Braunschweig, so I have high hopes for him because it's going to be a hard season. A lot of new players who, at least now, don't understand my tactic.

edit
second match I played him upfront -> hattrick against Augsburg, so far 2 matches and 5 goals. Thanks for recommending him ;)

Last edited: