El Classico 21/04/2012

• Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date
  • Replies 39
  • Views 5K
happy for cristiano. proves he can perform against the best teams. he was amazing tonight

He's one of the few that has scored three times in a row in Real Madrid's visits to the Camp Nou. (via @MisterChip2010)

Ronaldo's winner at Camp Nou, can't get better than this. Superb superb game by Madrid. They were simply brilliant and disciplined.

YES, WELL DONE MADRID.

Jose Mourinho - Tactical Genius. This is why he is the best manager in the world.

Anyone got a link where I can watch it again? I missed it since I was out for dinner with my family.

Real prevented Barcelona from changing the pace for their through balls and closed down their shots. A very disciplined side won today. There's wasn't that much tactical genius on display today; they did the exact same thing Chelsea did. Put 11 men behind the ball and counter attack.

However
I didn't get Barcelona's line-up. Tello was bad. He seemed to want to be a hero instead of a team player today. Thiago wasn't that good either. They should have started with Fabregas and Sanchez. Barcelona paid the price for underestimating Real Madrid.

Real prevented Barcelona from changing the pace for their through balls and closed down their shots. A very disciplined side won today. There's wasn't that much tactical genius on display today; they did the exact same thing Chelsea did. Put 11 men behind the ball and counter attack.

However
I didn't get Barcelona's line-up. Tello was bad. He seemed to want to be a hero instead of a team player today. Thiago wasn't that good either. They should have started with Fabregas and Sanchez. Barcelona paid the price for underestimating Real Madrid.

Indeed none of this was tactical magic. How to play against them has always been obvious, actually executing is the difficulty, the credit goes to the players here, who worked their socks off and were so disciplined in defence.

It was a good display from Madrid, shutting down the through ball machine is always key and they managed it quite well.

I have to admit though the game had its fair share of annoying theatrics though, these guys go down so easily, they make Ashley Young look legit.

Last edited:

However

Not exactly true: they played a high line pressing barca, with a high tempo at the start of the game. And then fell away in the 2nd half and defended deeper because they tired.

TBH Barca looked average- like an Arsenal. Chelsea should manage to get through to the final if Barca are that **** on Tuesady