TheVillan

Reaction score
Chapter One: In the beginning

real-madrid.gif
Jose%2BMourinho%2BReal%2BMadrid%2BPre%2BSeason%2BTraining%2BnWPbcRPoO48l.jpg

Real Madrid; the unofficial kings of spanish football have dominated world football over the last fifty years, demolishing any team that dared to get in they're path however recently, the most dangerous enemy has arisen. Football Club Barcalona, the catalonian side have dominated the Spanish League and European competitions for the last three or four years, overshadowing big spenders Real Madrid. In this story, I attempt to show you that the real kings of Spain are Real Madrid, the Los Galactico's are not about to be decrowned. This story begins on the 7th July 2009, the date former Chelsea and Inter Milan manager Jose Mourinho signed for Real Madrid as head coach.

---

It was a bright summers afternoon in the riveting heat in Madrid, football matches taking place everywhere, football forums were being spammed by people debating who will win the La Liga next year and who is going to sign who in the summer transfer window when Sky Sports News popped onto the television. Jose Mourinho stands, a great smile across his face, flashing camera's distorted the view of Jose but he held the Real Madrid shirt backwards with 'Mourinho' printed onto the back of it. He wore a casual black suit, with the first few buttons undone and no tie. His gleaming smile carried a beacon of hope for Real Madrid fans globally, for the last few years they had been over shadowed by the magnificence of Barcalona and the wizardry of young dynamo and World Player of the Year Lionel Messi. However, now they finally had they're special one. Jose Mourinho was here and success was gaurentee'd. Jose said:

---

"I have joined Real Madrid for one reason and one reason only and that is too take them back to the top of Spanish Football and to take them to being the Kings of Europe once again. Real Madrid have won the competition 9 times previously including 1954-55 in which they became first ever champions of Europe. Madrid have also won the La Liga a remarkable 31 times. I know this, Real Madrid are the biggest footballing organisation in the world and the most well known globally. I intend on taking them back to the top of there game, any means necessary."

Chapter Two: Assessing & Planning

Squad Evaluation:

Goalkeepers:

#1 Iker Casillas: Our number one goalkeeper, Real Madrid man through and through, the captain of the team and the heart and soul as well, the spanish number one as well. Iker is integral to my plans here at the Bernabeu.

#25 Jerzy Dudek: Not really in my plans but the pole is certainly my best backup, the former liverpool keeper shall play every so often but will play second choice to Iker Casillas.

Defenders:

#2 Diego Lugano (DC):
Brought the Uruguayan skipper in from Shakhtar during the summer transfer window, managed to capture the centre half for a decent 13£ million. What may seem like a waste of money, bought us some solid backup.

#3 Pepe (DC, DM, MC): Pepe is a world class centre half with bags of experience and youth, Pepe will be a part of my plans here at the Bernabeu. One of my finest defenders.

#4 Sergio Ramos (D RLC, WBR): Sergio Ramos is also an intergral part in my plans of conquering Spain, the flying full back or solid centre half is extremely versatile being able to play all across the back four.

#12 Marcelo (D/WB/AM L): Marcelo is our first choice left-back, the young brazillian has his whole career ahead of him at the tender age of 21. A first team regular and first choice full back for such a magnificent side will do his experience good.

#13 Ricardo Carvalho (DC): Ricardo Carvalho, one of my personal favourite players since bringing him over with me to Real Madrid from Chelsea and he seems to have settled in nicely, he is again an integral part of my master plan.

Other Defenders:
#18 Raúl Albiol.
#19 Alvaro Arebeloa
#- Ezequial Garay

Midfielders:

#9 Sami Khedira (DM, MC):
The young german is again a definite first team player, the 22-year-old defensive midfielder is a key part of my two defensive midfielders tactic along with playmaker Xabi Alonso, his job is to support the defenders and attackers but get the balance spot on.

#22 Xabi Alonso (DM, MC): Xabi is a key part in my plans of World domination, the technical wizard can pick a pass for 50 yards away with either foot. A real playmaker, a key player.

Other Mifielders:
#21 Mahammadou Diarra
#6 Lassana Diarra
#24 Fernando Gago

Attackive Midfielders:

#7 Cristiano Ronaldo (AM RL):
Cristiano is the World Player of the Year for a good reason, he has accomplished so much in his short career, netting an awesome 25+ goals in 29 games last season. This season it will be important for us for him to stay fit and keep banging the goals in and stay on form.

#5 Kaká (AMC): Kaka will be injured for the first five/six months I am in charge at the club but when he returns he will be like a new signing in itself. His calibre is second to none and when he gets back to full fitness will be a definite contender for a first team spot.

#20 Angel Di Maria (AM LC): Angel is a young man with bags of potential and he oozes pace, he will be a certain for being a first team regular and that is no lie. He is unstoppable with ferocious pace and temperment.

#17 Mesut Ozil (AM LC): Mesut signed for a high fee in the summer and some thought that perhaps he would not live up to his price tag after a fantastic world cup however pre-season might prove otherwise, he is a creative player from Germany and loves unlocking defences.

More Attacking Midfielders:
#8 Pedro Leon
#16 Raúl

Strikers:

#11 Edin Dzeko (F):
Edin Dzeko, my first signing since moving here, an astonishing 35£ million it took to make Wolfsburg sell up but I think I might have found myself a bargain here, he's got bags of pace and knows where the goal is, don't be suprised if you see him scoring 20+ this season.

#14 Gonzalo Higuain (ST): Gonzalo has been a Madrid player since signing from River Plate in 2006 for 11.25£ million, since then he has made 78 appearances banging in a decent 32 goals, this season looks to go well after scoring his personal best of 22 last year, Gonzalo only being 21 has his whole career ahead of him and we are expecting big things this season.

Other Strikers:
#15 Javier Acuna
#10 Karim Benzema

In my opinion our squad is extremely strong this year and we are definitely strong enough to mount a serious challenge for the La Liga title this year. We have adequate cover in every position and have numerous match winners in crucial positions therefore I think they're is no excuse for not delivering the goods this season.

Chapter Three: Transfers & Pre-Season

Edin Dzeko - Wolfsburg - £35 million
After assessing the squad since arriving here at Madrid, I decided we only needed to strengthen two parts of the side. Which meant adding a centre half and a centre forward and with a budget of 80£ million, I thought we had a good chance of strengthening well. We attempted to sign Sergio Aguero and Fernando Torres but with there price tags being ridiculously high (£80 million & £110 million respectively) we decided to opt for a different approach. We scouted out the German League and saw a young goalscoring demon in Bosnian born Edin Dzeko and contacted Wolfsburg straight away, after discussing with them for a while we negotiated and both agree'd on the price of £35 million for the centre forward and after him agreeing personal times he was apart of Los Galacticos'.

Diego Lugano - Fenerbahce - £13.75 million
After deciding we needed a centre half we went on lookout for one, unfortunately a few ideas went down the pan, Vidic was unavailable and Alcides wan't the right choice but after looking for a while we all agree'd Lugano was the right choice and snapped him up as soon as possible, the Uruguayan captain was a good buy at 14 mil.

Pre-Season

In pre-season I decided only to have two friendlies due to keeping my players fresh. Both were played away and were played in the month of July here are short results of the matches!

Real Madrid 2 - 0 Salt Lake @ A
Cristiano Ronaldo x2
MOM: Cristiano Ronaldo (9.2)

--

Real Madrid 2 - 0 Beijing @ A
Cristiano Ronaldo, Ozil.
MOM: Angel Di Maria (9.0)

--

Overall, I was extremely happy with the way we went about easing too victory in both the two friendlies and the two signings we made, we need to make a real push for the League now.

La Liga

August Results:

Real Madrid 1 - 0 Malaga @ H
Cristiano Ronaldo
MOM: Angel Di Maria (7.9)

September Results:

Real Madrid 3 - 1 Levante @ H
Ozil x2, Dzeko
MOM: Mesut Ozil (8.9)

--

Real Madrid 1 - 1 Barcalona @ A
Dzeko
MOM: Sergio Ramos (7.8)

--

Real Madrid 7 - 0 Mallorca @ H
Ronaldo, Ozil, Khedira, Dzeko x2, Carvalho, Marcelo (p)
MOM: Edin Dzeko (9.6)

--

Real Madrid 2 - 1 Racing Santander @ A
Dzeko, Di Maria
MOM: Edin Dzeko (8.3)

UEFA Champions League

September Results:

Real Madrid 3 - 0 Rangers @ H
Dzeko, Cristiano Ronaldo, Xabi Alonso
MOM: Edin Dzeko (8.8)

--

Real Madrid 1 - 1 FC Kobenhavn @ A
Pepe
MOM: Pepe

------

First Quarter of Season Summary

With the first quarter of the season passed, I think I would take the time to reflect on what has been a fantastic start to the season for Real Madrid. Currently, we sit top scoring 13 points out of a possible 15, we have scored a sensational 14 goals, conceding on a mere 3 making our goal difference a fantastic +11. We sit top of La Liga along with Barcalona but just edge them on goal difference. Our home form has been good, we have won all three games we have had at home this season and generally comfortably. I was paticularly pleased with the away draw at Barcalona, as it's not an easy to go by any stretch of the imagination.

Edin Dzeko: Our £35 million man has been outstanding since signing, he has started three times in the league and scored a respectable five goals, and making two assists and has proved himself by getting himself on the scoresheet in the UEFA Champions League once, his average rating is the highest in the league at 7.9. At the moment, he's proving he's worth £35 million and he's paying it back.

Cristiano Ronaldo: Cristiano has also been in deadly form scoring a respectably two goals in five starts in the league making one assist, the flash winger has been fantastic since the first whistle and I don't think we've seen the best of him yet this season.

UEFA Champions League
So far in the Champions League we haven't really shown how good we are, we have netted a decent four goals in two games conceding just one but we currently sit second in the group with 4 points from a possible six, the only person beating us is MY former team Inter Milan, we are yet to play them and if we want to get the advantage we will need to defeat them.

Overall, a fantastic start to the season, and I genuinely hope we can keep up the good start and keep our key players fit.

Last edited:
Thankyou, I'm doing an update every three months, current in November, so update soon-ish also at Xmas, I might put a turn in.