El Nino has left! Will Liverpool survive without him?

Foxo

Reaction score
Since Torres has left I decided to start a Liverpool game well I find it a challenge with TOrres now at Chelsea so I'll be using a update made by myself so....

---------------------

Portuguese man takes over as full time manager at Anfield

1 December 2010 - Shock has been spreaded around Liverpool as King Kenny has left the club after owners NESV (or FSG) have appointed a former semi-professional footballer Felipe Aurelio, who is a 40 year old Portuguese.

Some of the fans have expressed their concern as Felipe is unknown at this stage, while some of Liverpool's key players, notably Fernando Torres, has released a letter of concern.

Fernando tweeted: "WTF is NESV doing? Why must they appoint a F&*&^(g manager like him?"

John W Henry has quickly said that the players have to support the new man at the helm.

The Portuguese will take the first flight to Liverpool tomorrow.
-----------------------

banner_skysports.png

Fernando Torres wants out of Anfield as Barca & other big clubs interested in striker while Liverpool complete moves

torresshorttent.jpg

2 December 2010 - Liverpool's El Nino has submitted a written transfer request to new manager Felipe Aurelio and owners NESV today.

"The club has confirmed they have received it but it was rejected. They ask the player to fulfill his contract." a club spokesman said.

Europe's biggest clubs are interested in the out of sorts striker, with the likes of Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid and mega-rich Manchester City monitoring the player.

Barcelona have reported have a £50M bid rejected by the club's board and Fernando has said that his 'dream move' has been stalled.

I told ESPN that Fernando is not moving on for now and has to fulfill his contract no matter what.

John Henry telephoned me to report to the Melwood Training ground and said he had a gift waiting for me. I drove to Melwood and within 5 minutes of arriving I saw Luis Suarez, Alexis Sanchez and SWP with John. I stood still for a moment, before welcoming the new players.

"We got these deals done for you, Felipe. Seydou Keita, Mattia Cassani, Ezequiel Munoz will arrive here to complete their moves." John told me.

I also saw Jamie Redknapp, Phil Thompson and Ian Rush as they will become my assistant, coach and youth team coach respectively. I felt that these additions will help the club to improve on its current 8th position in the league.

My debut game will be at our rivals Chelsea, where Kenny drew 1-1 in October.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

skysports.jpg

Liverpool teamsheet vs Chelsea announced - Suarez make debut

Luis-Suarez1.jpg

I boarded the team bus to Stamford Bridge, sitting beside me was Aldrige, whom I brought in as assistant after J wanted to be a coach. We were talking about Torres' unhappiness and I said "Ald do you think we should field Torres alongside Suarez today? or Suarez alone upfront?" Ald began to open his notebook and started to scribble.
Reina
Aurelio Munoz Agger Cassani
Lucas
Gerrard
Maxi ------ Babel
Torres ------- Suarez

english%20prem%20logo.png

Liverpool 3 ------------ Chelsea 2
Suarez (23), Torres (50), Gerrard (90+1) - Anelka (1), Lampard (40)

svSUAREZ-420x0.jpg

I was delighted with the late winner by Stevie G and I was impressed by Suarez's debut goal which was a screamer from 30 yards. We went down 2-1 at the break but I guessed my words in the dressing room worked anyway.

After this win we are now up into a provisional 6th and maybe a Europa League but I hope the lads continue with good form to push for the Champions League. We have Palermo in our Europa League Group D match where we are in 2nd spot with 2 wins from 2 but on goal difference.

Decent start. Have a look at mine and leave me a comment mate.

Cheers
Daza

2010%5C01%5C14%5C000116175T.jpg

I was seated beside Aldrige and he told me "Seydou Keita has just got injured and will be out for 3 weeks boss" "Oh really0? Hmm we'll miss him yes, but do you have any idea on Tomorrow's fixture then?" Ald took out a jotter book and wrote down.

Jones
Johnson ---- Agger ---------- Wilson ---- Kelly
Poulsen
Meireles
Babel ------------ Suarez
Pacheco

He showed me this and I said "Kay that's the squad then".

Liverpool 2 - 0 Palermo
Pacheco (43, 80)
dani-pacheco-reserves.jpg

A fantastic performance once again from the lads, we totally outnumbered their defence and despite fielding a weakened team we won thanks to starlet Pacheco and I might give him a starting place for Europa League fixtures.

------------
Next test: Blackpool vs Liverpool - Bloomfield Road

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

ssnhdblue-800_2492584.jpg

Aurelio to spend in January
Emmanuel-Adebayor-Man-City.jpg
19-09-2010-20-09-0_1082594b.jpg

Liverpool boss Felipe Aurelio says that the club will continue their spending spree to improve their depth and squad. Club owners FSG have said that they will provide necessary funds for Felipe to use, and says that Aurelio already has discussed with the owners about targets.

"Aurelio will be looking for depth and some promising players." John W Henry said.

Shinji Kagawa, David Hoilett, Stephen Warnock are all being linked while City striker Emmanuel Adebayor will be flying to Liverpool to finalise a £13.75M move to Liverpool. Adebayor will join Liverpool on the 4th of January 2011.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

liverpoolhome.png
liverpoolaway.png
liverpoolthird.png

Liverpool announce new kit colours and sponsor + style as players join Anfield

Seydou-Keita.jpg
Emmanuel-Adebayor-5.jpg

Liverpool have announced the signings of Emmanuel Adebayor and Seydou Keita this morning.

Both have been transfer listed at their former clubs and they have say that they are delighted to get a fresh start and get their career up and running again.

"Anfield is a great place to be and I believe me and Ade will bring success to the club again, " Keita say, "I have watched LFC since a boy and this club has long been my boyhood supporting team."

"Keita is believed to have suffered a broken rib while training but he will be out for 4-6 days. Ade will start against Blackpool tomorrow." Felipe Aurelio said.

- - -

skysports.jpg

Blackpool vs Liverpool - teamsheet announced!

Emmanuel-Adebayor-5.jpg

Liverpool will be trying to extend their 10 game winning streak (sitting 4th in table) and Aurelio's winning streak (to 4).

In the side will be Emmanuel Adebayor and Seydou Keita, as striker and central midfielder respectively. Felipe Aurelio have decided to field a team with at least 3-4 starlets, while having 7 experienced players.

"Ade will partner N'gog in attack while Keita will be a lone CM." Aurelio said.
Reina
Johnson ---- Agger ---------- Wilson ---- Cassani
Poulsen----------Meireles
Babel ------------ Suarez
Adebayor ---------- N'gog

- - - - - - -

Blackpool 0 ----- 7 Liverpool
Adebayor (2,8,77) | Keita (22) | Lucas (60) | N'gog (48,50)

emmanuel-adebayor-city.jpg

Another fantastic performance from the lads, with Ade and Kei starring on their debuts. Ade scored a fantastic hattrick and has showed Manchester City that letting him go is a bad decision.

Keita scored a header from a Maxi corner which I thought was a powerful one. This result brings us up to 3rd and the media are already talking about a Champions League return. We are facing Juventus in the Europa League knockout rounds and we have easy tasks ahead with West Brom (H) | Wigan (A) | Bolton (A) and West Ham (H).

Last edited:
white-hart-lane_1016879c.jpg

The team reached White Hart Lane with high morale and confidence, and I hope we could get a result here as I think Tottenham's squad has been improving lately, with Gareth Bale and Rafael van der Vaart, not to count out Modric.

Ald told me Meireles wasn't available due to family commitments, and said that Keita or Spearing could be replacements. "I think I could give Jay a first start under my management." I told Ald.

I scribbled on the tactics board and Ald told me I should field:

Reina
Johnson ------ Kygriakos ------ Skrtel ------ Konchesky
Lucas
Spearing
Gerrard ----------------- Sanchez
Torres ----------------- Suarez

-----------------

Tottenham 1 --------- 4 Liverpool
Alexis Sanchez (12,18,66), Bale (40 pen.), Torres (50)

alexis_sanchez.jpg

We got our winning streak extended, and we are now intact on 2nd placed Manchester City with only 1 point seperating us, we have also a game in hand and a win in Newcastle on Thursday would put us in second behind leaders Man Utd.

I handed Alexis Sanchez's debut after a injury lay-off and a cracking performance once again boosted our already high confidence and morale. We just have to hope Manchester United loses their game against Arsenal next week and our team will go to a provisional top.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

st-james-park-newcastle.jpg

With the winter transfer window now closed, I believe the team has sufficient depth with already 10 players joining in my term here, and another 4 promising youngsters promoted to the first team.

It was freezing cold here, with conditions at minus 5 degrees. I urged my players to wear gloves as the weather's been very bad recently. As usual John Ald told me that Raul Meireles is back and is ready to play, but I felt he hasn't trained for 3 days and lacks match fitness. I decided to put him on the bench. I rested some key players for next week's match at West Brom.

B. Jones
M. Kelly -------- M. Skrtel---------------- D. Agger ------- Wilson
C. Poulsen
S. Keita
J. Shelvey ----------------------- Suso
Pacheco --------- Kuyt

SO that's the side for today.

------------------------------------------

Newcastle 0 ---------- 3 Liverpool
Keita (33, 55), Kuyt (80)

Seydou-Keita-001.jpg

Another great performance by the lads as we move into 2nd position. A brace from Kei made it 2-0 but Kuyt completed the rout and ensured victory by a close range shot past Steve Harper.

Indeed, Newcastle, currently sitting in 15th, are missing a lot of key players and I pity for them but my side were too powerful that we totally controlled the game and winning tackles. We have easy tasks ahead as I said but we face Juventus either before the Bolton or Wigan game which makes me nervous as Juve are a great side (in 1st position in Serie A)...

But anyway, I think my 4-1-1-2-2 formation with 2 wingers are working great and for the Brom game I would think of testing a normal 4-4-2 formation.

Last edited:
updates may come later still have sch work to do... :)

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

europa-league.jpg

Knockout Round 1st Leg

----------------------------

TN2976_Stadio_Olimpico_di_Torino.jpg

We arrived at the Stadio Olimpico in Turin as we could hear a strong capacity-crowd of 28000 fans, with around 15000 LFC fans roaring away.

My side came here on a 4 game unbeaten streak and Juventus is on a 12 game unbeaten streak but it's not about form now, its about how my side will fare against a very very strong Juve side.

So here's our formation for today, a 4-4-2:

Reina
Kelly ------- Skrtel ------------------ Agger ------ Aurelio
Gerrard ------- Meireles -------------- Keita ------- SWP
Suarez ------------ Sanchez

---------------------------------------

Juventus 0 ---------- 3 Liverpool
SWP (40), Gerrard (44), Sanchez (77 pen.)

106539166_crop_340x234.jpg

Gerrard elated to score Liverpool's 2nd goal

Once again a win was needed here and we got it. Stevie G & Shaun Wright-Phillips opened their goal accounts this season with two fantastic edge of the area volleys. Alexis completed the rout with a penalty conceded by Chiellini after fouling Raul Meireles on the spot.

Our opponents went down to 10 as I witnessed Del Piero sent off after kickin' Kelly's stomach and it was a worry for me as Kelly was stretched off and one of our team doctors said he might be out for 2-3 weeks which is a loss for us.

We go to the 2nd leg after the Wigan game and I'll be looking to rest some key players on Saturday.

1483-sky-sports-banner_LRG.jpeg

Cristian Chivu and Anatoliy Tymoschuk join Liverpool on frees

fs_2011-01-19T215721Z_01_AGA119_RTRIDSP_2_SOCCER-ITALY.jpg
AnatoliyTymoschuk_2446409.jpg

Inter left-back Cristian Chivu and Bayern midfielder Anatoliy Tymoschuk have terminated their contracts and have joined Liverpool on frees. Inter and Bayern will both be compensated with 10M euros.

Ukraine midfielder Tymoschuk said that Liverpool contacted him on a possible move on deadline day but the club failed by 1 minute and did not manage to agree terms. Chivu was a long-term target for the Reds since Dalglish took over as caretaker manager.

Their respective clubs have agreed to let them leave and join Liverpool on frees and Bayern fans instantly expressed their unhappiness at letting one of their stars go.

One fan said: "Anatoliy was a favourite with us and we're disappointed that van Gaal has let him go. He was such a great player for us. I wish him all the best at his new club."

Inter fans remained optimistic and declined to comment on Chivu's departure, although manager Leonardo said: "What a great leader he was, one of our solid rock in defence and I wish him all the best."

"Chivu is understood to be taking over as first choice left back while Tymoschuk will be a cover," assistant manager John Aldrige said.

---------------------------------------

DW-Stadium-Wigan-General-PA_2399603.jpg

My side arrived here and started their pre-match training. Our new signing Tymoschuk was on the bench for this game due to lack of fitness but I might give him his debut when the time is right.

Chivu will be starting having joined us a week before Anatoliy and is fit for this game so he will be at the left back position in place of our old Aurelio who is injury prone.

Here's our formation, a 4-1-1-2-2:

Reina
Johnson ----- Kygriakos ------------ Carragher ------ Chivu
Lucas
Keita
Gerrard ------------ Sanchez
Suarez ------------ Adebayor
-------------------------------------------------------

Wigan 0 ---------- 4 Liverpool
Gerrard (23 pen.), Adebayor (27), Suarez (30), Chivu (43) Kygriakos sent off (70)

luis-suarez.jpg

Once again new signings Adebayor, Suarez and Chivu impressed as we went top of the table after our rivals Man Utd's 2-1 loss to Arsenal earlier in the afternoon.

Chivu was kept busy by Tom Cleverley who was a constant threat to our defence but he kept him quiet throughout the game.

Our next game is at our home ground where we play Juve in our Europa League 2nd leg (3-0 lead).

europa-league.jpg

24 February 2011 - Liverpool vs Juventus (LFC lead 3-0 in 1st leg)

As usual we go into every match brimming with confidence and with us leading 3-0 going into this match we are surely going into the next round.

Lucas suffered a ankle problem (out until June) so I have Tymoschuk as replacement. Chivu is in the line-up again with Aurelio on the bench so I have a strong side with some experience. Meireles and Gerrard still have a fortnight to full fitness.

Teamsheet:

Reina
Johnson Carragher Kygriakos Chivu
Tymoschuk
Keita
Babel Shelvey Sanchez
Suarez

-----------------------------------------------------

Liverpool 1 (4) ----------- 0 (0) Juventus (out of comp.)
Chiellini sent off (80), Suarez (81 pen.)

Luis-Suarez-liverpool.jpg

Suarez after his goal that sealed LFC's entrance into next round

Suarez made it late and sealed our aggregate win. I don't want to talk much but the draw is today so we have Bolton next week.

Last edited:
Them kits are great 10/10

back on topic.. good so far mate . Keep it up

Won't be any update today but I'll try to fit in one because I'm very busy.

Mate how did you manage to get Chivu ? I always try but he rejects me .

Blimey hes the new Man Ciy of the prem he signed loads!

Mate how did you manage to get Chivu ? I always try but he rejects me .

He went for a lower pay and asked Inter to pay him his wages until the end of his Inter contract. He accepted me for 80,000 per week.

Blimey hes the new Man Ciy of the prem he signed loads!

I ain't the new Man City :D I offloaded loads that Roy signed except Meireles he's class for me, and I got the board to upgrade the youth facilities and they're now halfway through on expanding the stadium by around 20,000 seats which at the end of it makes Anfield have a capacity of almost 63000.

--------------------------------------------------

ssnhdblue-800_2492584.jpg

Aurelio reveals how he got 'budget eating' players like SWP, Chivu and Adebayor

Liverpool's 'young tactician' Felipe Aurelio has finally revealed how he managed to capture big players like Cristian Chivu and Emmanuel Adebayor on bargain fees.

It seems like Konchesky is the latest to leave after terminating his contract at Liverpool and joined Aston Villa on a free while Milan Jovanovic and N'gog left for loans (with future fee clauses) at struggling Sunderland that freed the wage bill for new players.

"I thought they were fringe players and I let them leave," Aurelio said. "I know people would say that we are the new Manchester City but I am spending on youths which are moving here on transfers that are private."

It is known in recent days that promising youngsters Suso, Shelvey and Pacheco are ready to challenge for first team spots.

"This is not my first time to challenge for first team spots. At Charlton I always do this and look, I attracted many big clubs like Liverpool and I joined them in the end." Shelvey said.

Goalkeeper Brad Jones says that he cannot tolerate Reina's presence in goal and has hinted at a move out of Anfield as soon as possible.

"Reina is great yes, but I haven't been given enough playing time," Jones told the media furiously. "I am upset at Gulacsi's promotion to number one back up and I have dropped down the pecking order."

Fulham, West Brom and numerous clubs are monitoring on Jones and the agent has said Fulham have contacted them on a possible transfer move.

Meanwhile, Fernando Torres released a statement to the media about his future and he said: "I have come to regret about the statement and am ready to accept punishment and challenge for a place again."

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:55 AM ----------

Hi guys, I'm sitting 1st in table and will not update on March April and will jump to a May update (last two games, Everton and Man City)​

espn_banner.jpg

Moyes joins other managers who praises Felipe Aurelio

Speaking ahead of their highy-anticipated Merseyside derby clash, Toffees boss David Moyes has become the 4th manager to praise Liverpool tactician Felipe Aurelio.

"Felipe has done a wonderful job in transforming the team and I think I would favour them to win their 19th title." Moyes said.

Di Matteo, Ian Holloway and rival manager Arsene Wenger have all praised Aurelio in the past few weeks and the best one we chose is Wenger's.

"Aurelio is in his debut season and has done a fantastic job at Anfield so far in bringing back the glory days in the 70's and 80's. I can say he is up there with the other young and talented ones."

"I can tell you, he can win the Europa League and the league." Wenger said.

Meanwhile, Aurelio has already retained the Carling Cup after beating Arsenal 4-2 and the supporters are supporting him after their dramatic 4-3 win against Chelsea in the FA Cup final in April.

Side against Everton:

Reina
Cassani Munoz Carragher Kelly
Lucas
Keita Meireles
Gerrard Shelvey
Torres

----------------------------------

Everton 0 --------- 3 Liverpool
Torres (50,72 pen), Meireles (80)

Raul+Meireles+Liverpool+v+Everton+Premier+4FQsqP9WJ3Vl.jpg

Great performance from the lads once again and either a win or draw will give us the title after Man Utd drew 1-1 against Blackpool in VDS' final season and did not manage to close the 9 point gap and we were already crowned champions a week earlier and I'm delighted with this win. We have the Europa League final to end this month by completing the quadruple.

Last edited: