El Shaaraway as a Deep Lying Forward?

floggg

Reaction score
I'm playing with Spurs on the latest LFCMarshall update and brought in El Shaaraway in the first window.

I brought him in originally to play left or right wing using Lippe's Sacchi tweak.

However, even though it has worked for me before on a previous spurs game, that's failed to produce the type of possession and chances I wanted.

So now I'm flirting with the forever Real Madrid tactic - but to make it work with my squad I need to utilise El Shaaraway in the DLF role.

Has anybody had any experience with him in this role? I've played three games with him there and he was indifferent in the first 2.5 but then burst into life in the second hand of the third and got a hatrick.

Can he do a job there? And am I wasting his potential playing him and training him in that role.

I always saw him as an inside forward, and as a Milan fan I want him to be the best he can be.

10 games 0 goals and 1 assist with average rating little below 7 as DLF in my Milan save, he was much better as winger IF and striker poacher for me, maybe someone else had more luck with him as dlf

I'm playing with Spurs on the latest LFCMarshall update and brought in El Shaaraway in the first window.

I brought him in originally to play left or right wing using Lippe's Sacchi tweak.

However, even though it has worked for me before on a previous spurs game, that's failed to produce the type of possession and chances I wanted.

So now I'm flirting with the forever Real Madrid tactic - but to make it work with my squad I need to utilise El Shaaraway in the DLF role.

Has anybody had any experience with him in this role? I've played three games with him there and he was indifferent in the first 2.5 but then burst into life in the second hand of the third and got a hatrick.

Can he do a job there? And am I wasting his potential playing him and training him in that role.

I always saw him as an inside forward, and as a Milan fan I want him to be the best he can be.

A DLF has to be quite strong physically, and be able to hold the ball. El Shaaraway cannot. Change his player role to a Treq. and he will do wanders (Did for me at Milan)

I played him there for four or five games, but apart from a hat-trick performance in one game, he didn't set the world alight.

Admittedly both him and my team generally were still learning the formation.

I decided to switch him to trequartista as suggested and he seems to be catching fire. He's scoring some great goals and setting up a fair few chances too.

I played him there for four or five games, but apart from a hat-trick performance in one game, he didn't set the world alight.

Admittedly both him and my team generally were still learning the formation.

I decided to switch him to trequartista as suggested and he seems to be catching fire. He's scoring some great goals and setting up a fair few chances too.

Was never the greatest goal scorer in the world for me, but as I said, when playing as a Treq he could dribble through the entire defence and is good enough to find a killer pass to create the goal. He got something like 31 league assists in a season for me!

He's my top scorer with about 21 league goals (with two games to go).

Most of those are from treq. and a few from AML as am inside forward. He's pretty handy as a playmaker too - just trained him to try more killer balls so looking forward to seeing what he can do.

He didn't perform with me as a DLF but he did a great job as a poacher and a Treq.