Elgin City - Scottish Minnows Challenge

Arazar

Reaction score
Elgin City are in the 4th tier of Scottish football, where they have been for a long time. Absolutely destitute, it is my job to drive them forward as a club.

View attachment 413553
View attachment 413554View attachment 413551
As you can see, I've been given a 20k transfer budget. It's not really much use to me, so I'll be using what I've got to spend on an assistant and maybe a couple of free transfers when I figure out where we are weakest!

View attachment 413550View attachment 413549View attachment 413548

These are the formations we'll be using. Having analysed the attributes of my players as a whole, there's not much in terms of technical ability so I've gone with organisation first and pretty football for when we're playing the under-12s!

The aim is to take us up the leagues from the lowest base I've ever seen on football manager! Wish me luck...

Should be a good read, hope you go far into the save, these saves become really fun when trying to break down Celtic and win the league. Makes me want to get back into my East Stirlingshire story again :)

Good old fashioned Pump ball in box football... Got to love it :)

Everyone's caught the total football bug, I call this the cure.

View attachment 413535

Pre-season has gone OK, but we bowed out of 2 cups and lost the only challenging friendly. Nothing to worry about as the board didn't expect any different!

On to the league fixtures...

Should be a good read, hope you go far into the save, these saves become really fun when trying to break down Celtic and win the league. Makes me want to get back into my East Stirlingshire story again :)

Thanks mate, I'm confident we can make a challenge for promotion even though the boys think top-half isn't possible. We're poor, but so is everyone else so organised chaos should do the job. As for beyond that, Rangers will be a tough one to challenge in addition to Celtic. Will be interesting to see if we can break them if we're knocking on the door!

Thanks mate, I'm confident we can make a challenge for promotion even though the boys think top-half isn't possible. We're poor, but so is everyone else so organised chaos should do the job. As for beyond that, Rangers will be a tough one to challenge in addition to Celtic. Will be interesting to see if we can break them if we're knocking on the door!

Honestly I found Aberdeen to be a bigger problem than Rangers, it took me about 2 seasons to get above them and like 4 seasons, I finished higher than Rangers the 2nd time I got in the SPL (After getting back to back to back promotions, then a relegation, then another promotion) Will be interesting to see how Rangers and Aberdeen do on your save though, this was on the first patch of the game for me.

Honestly I found Aberdeen to be a bigger problem than Rangers, it took me about 2 seasons to get above them and like 4 seasons, I finished higher than Rangers the 2nd time I got in the SPL (After getting back to back to back promotions, then a relegation, then another promotion) Will be interesting to see how Rangers and Aberdeen do on your save though, this was on the first patch of the game for me.

I'll keep an eye on the big clubs including Rangers, who on my Yeovil save overtook Celtic immediately and even got further in Europe in addition to taking 1st back. If that's the case for this save then its gonna be harder to break into than if someone like Aberdeen steps up to the plate. Should be interesting anyway, I'm buzzing through alot of games on holiday at the minute so the first couple of seasons don't take so long!

2013/14 - Season 1

View attachment 413233View attachment 413234View attachment 413235View attachment 413237View attachment 413236

We made no signings throughout the whole season and I just played it out with the boys I started with. Scottish 4th tier is IMO lower quality than the English 6th! There's no decent football to be played but we ground out wins in patches and followed in Rangers' footsteps by winning the league!

Gunn and Sutherland stood out up front, scoring important goals and were among the very few retained for the next season.

I'm away to start a story with Elgin currently in March in 2nd place