SaintBantam

Reaction score
Why do I seem to get so many ridiculously low bids.

I signed an 18-year-old Argentinian for FC Inter Turku in Finland for 15m. He is a world class player as has improved ALOT and has turned in extremely good performances of 7.5-8 consistently but I have a whole host of clubs including Barcelona bidding just 2.6m for him.

Same story with a 25-year-old Ghanaian right back I just signed for 7.5m. Less than halfway into the season with an average rating of 7.8 and I have a load of big European clubs bidding a measly 2-3m

And I have a lot more players like this.

Anyone else get these? :p

Bigger European clubs think they can get away with bidding less because the Finnish league isn't exactly top-notch.

I've never had a bid for a player above his market value, and then when I ask for what I think is reasonable money they withdraw and the player moans at me. Makes me angry.

Even worse is when a teams says they aren't going to make an offer because your asking for too much (when you offer a player) and then the player moans about their bid being rejected and your just like...they never made a bid!

I've never had a bid for a player above his market value, and then when I ask for what I think is reasonable money they withdraw and the player moans at me. Makes me angry.

Same here. The transfer bug is definitely NOT fixed: I had Defoe net 21 in 26 in a season, was in red hot from since January, averaging 7.68 and was only valued at 7.5m. I offered him at 12m since I also had Kadlec who scored 8 in 12 for a fraction of the wages, but the only offers I got were 1 loan to buy (2m loan fee, 7.5m buy fee) or a 7.5m offer to buy.

Back on topic, in a Barca save, I payed 41.5m for Bale and 28m for Modric... But what can I say, they're legends!

i get the same signed zezinho for my portuguese save bought him for 4.6 mil he is in awesome form then PSG come along bid 1.2 i reject he is unhappy. ****** me off

i find if u set there asking price on there transfer page high, u get higher bids....if there good enuff
i.e bought babacar for 15mil, played gr8 for 18months 30 goals ish, had a value of 7.5 mill.
i set asking price at 30mill...and got 3 bids arround that mark... (rejected them tho)

Real Madrid just bidded 6 million for Ivanovic on my Chelsea save. Yeah im really going to let one of my best defenders and my first choice right back go for that cheap

This is a transfer system failure. Worse is that Sports Interactive said that "it's up to you to keep the game real", meaning that they refused to admit that this is a very big issue. I am courius to find out if they fixed this bug. In my game, Man City always buys Walter Samuel for 30-34 Milion Dollars, so I started with Inter Milano just so I can see how it works. In about 29th of July came the transfer offer from Man City for Walter Samuel. They offered not a dollar above the player's value. This is what I call a **** transfer system. FM 2010 was much more fun and realistic. You were motivated as a manager to sign youngsters and develo them, so you can sell them for record transfer fees. Now, in FM 11 all that joy is gone. "Good job" SI !

This is a transfer system failure. Worse is that Sports Interactive said that "it's up to you to keep the game real", meaning that they refused to admit that this is a very big issue. I am courius to find out if they fixed this bug. In my game, Man City always buys Walter Samuel for 30-34 Milion Dollars, so I started with Inter Milano just so I can see how it works. In about 29th of July came the transfer offer from Man City for Walter Samuel. They offered not a dollar above the player's value. This is what I call a **** transfer system. FM 2010 was much more fun and realistic. You were motivated as a manager to sign youngsters and develo them, so you can sell them for record transfer fees. Now, in FM 11 all that joy is gone. "Good job" SI !

i refer to my previous post.... i have over 300hrs in this game, and if u set ur values rite, u dont get ripped off

i really dont see this as being broke. u just need good house keeping

It is annoying, I have to pay like a but load for a good player but when they want some one from me its either value or just above. I have only gotten good money for a player once, 16 million for Nani.

@Moorlands I am no beginner in this game. It's not about house keeping. I think I'm good with numbers (I am an accountant). If I buy a player for 4 Milion and after 2 years he costs 6 milion, then 6 Milion is the best I can sell him for. This is the problem that everyone is talking about.

@Moorlands I am no beginner in this game. It's not about house keeping. I think I'm good with numbers (I am an accountant). If I buy a player for 4 Milion and after 2 years he costs 6 milion, then 6 Milion is the best I can sell him for. This is the problem that everyone is talking about.

i apologise, i meant no offence!

but if u have a player that is wanted, and his value is say 5mill.
and then u set his asking price to say 10 mil. then either the "wnt" goes away....or they offer arround the 10 mill mark.

sorry if u took my comment the wrong way

No offence taken mate, but if we have this scenario like you said, then the "Wnt" goes away. A lot of people complained about this bug. I remember that in FM 10, I bought Marco Verrati for 2 Milions in my AC Milan game, and after 5 seasons I sold him for 65 Milion. His value was about 25. The fee was fair because he was the ECC player with the most assists and he won World's best player. (Golden Ball). In FM 11, this thing would never happen (sell a player for over twice than he's worth). I hope they fix this in the next patch.

You can stop them from buying players for cheap by adjusting your asking price, but that doesn't mean other teams will make ridiculous bids like you have to do to get top players. Even when you offer them to teams. When you look at transfer rumors, they say the price that the media thinks it might be and they are always well below the asking price.

No offence taken mate, but if we have this scenario like you said, then the "Wnt" goes away. A lot of people complained about this bug. I remember that in FM 10, I bought Marco Verrati for 2 Milions in my AC Milan game, and after 5 seasons I sold him for 65 Milion. His value was about 25. The fee was fair because he was the ECC player with the most assists and he won World's best player. (Golden Ball). In FM 11, this thing would never happen (sell a player for over twice than he's worth). I hope they fix this in the next patch.

ok, thats kool, but could the same not happen in fm2011.
i had neymar on first season cost me 25mill.
in 2018 his value was 25mill...ish
i had many bids for him about the 25mill mark.....which was unacceptable!!
i changed his asking price to 85mill.
next transfer window....sold for 82mill.

all i say is maybe si actually expect u to set the values for your players yourself!

when teams upset my players by making stupid insulting bids i do the same to them, i just go through their team and bid £1 for their top player.

Depends on the league you play in and the player in question.
A lot of players in "lower" leagues no matter how good will be sold for less.
You can buy regens for 1-2mil then sell them 6months later for 5+ mil easy.

Certain players people just don't want to buy, Podolski for example, brilliant for 2-3 seasons then he dies off very quickly. You'll struggle to offload him because he's on the decline even after a season.

Wages play a huge part in it too, if somone is on fairly high wages you're going to have trouble offloading them, teams that can pay the wages usually already have solid players. You can't just expect to buy somone then sell them right away for a huge profit, would just make the game far far too easy.

i dare say that if you set the player value higher, it works 25% of the time its still a major problem... i always moan especially if you buy a player for a certain amount who has been on fire, then you get an offer of less than half of what you payed... hopefully this sorted on FM12