Botty

Reaction score
*The Following Post IS deadly serious*

I would like to build a team around Emile Heskey.

I want to find a team that can turn Heskey into a star again,a team that can afford him (£8mil),a player that can set him up and can ideally make good ol' Emile into a top scorer.

Has anyone else done this? If so what team,league,year etc.

This would be very achievable within a team league 1 or championship, who can afford his wages. However this will probably have to be a few years into the game.

This would be very achievable within a team league 1 or championship, who can afford his wages. However this will probably have to be a few years into the game.

Do you know of any teams that could do it at the start? I'd like 'The Return 'o Heskey' to be one of my last saves on FM2011, go out with a ... bang?

Ermm, i would have to search into that. But i think there is a possibility that there should be a few teams to be able to do it.

It could be done with Aston Villa. However, you would have to scrap the 'Top Scorer' and hope for a few goals a season. The main role of Heskey would be setting up his attacking striker- So play him as Target Man- Support next to someone like Gabriel Agbonlahor, who has high pace and acceleration stats.

To make him a top-scorer, you would have to play in the Championship- But no teams realistically could afford 8 Million, his wages and persuade him to join. His Aston Villa contract runs out in 2012, so you would have to wait until then and hope he joins. But yeah, Premier League won't work as well imo.

Do you know of any teams that could do it at the start? I'd like 'The Return 'o Heskey' to be one of my last saves on FM2011, go out with a ... bang?

Villa is the best bet, you have him, Young, Downing, Albighton, Richard Dunne, Ciaran Clarke, Bent etc... Lots of creative players there, just make him your primary target man or playmaker and make sure a lot of passes go to him. Should make him a star. No other club apart from the top 6 could afford a team to build around him and there would be a lot of pressure.

It could be done with Aston Villa. However, you would have to scrap the 'Top Scorer' and hope for a few goals a season. The main role of Heskey would be setting up his attacking striker- So play him as Target Man- Support next to someone like Gabriel Agbonlahor, who has high pace and acceleration stats.

To make him a top-scorer, you would have to play in the Championship- But no teams realistically could afford 8 Million, his wages and persuade him to join. His Aston Villa contract runs out in 2012, so you would have to wait until then and hope he joins. But yeah, Premier League won't work as well imo.

True, you would need an extreme amount of luck for him to come to your Premier League side and for him to actually score a lot of goals.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Villa is the best bet, you have him, Young, Downing, Albighton, Richard Dunne, Ciaran Clarke, Bent etc... Lots of creative players there, just make him your primary target man or playmaker and make sure a lot of passes go to him. Should make him a star. No other club apart from the top 6 could afford a team to build around him and there would be a lot of pressure.

You have got to watch though that at Villa Heskey doesn't become 'lazy' and let players like Young and Bent run the team.

Try and bring him home to Leicester. Old skool England partnership with Vassell...

Try and bring him home to Leicester. Old skool England partnership with Vassell...

Would be quite good to see how that turns out :)

Also, I see a 'Hotshot Heskey Challenge' on the way. Who can make Heskey perform best..