Ashleigh1984

Reaction score
th
This is my first ever post of this forum, i have been a fan for years of this site and have enjoyed some of the stories on here and the great advice on tactics. I am starting a thread with my first management club of FM12 Empoli FC of Serie B.

The clubs expectation was top six finish, I was comfortable with this and was happy to go with this expectation despite having no remaining salary budget. I started with the formation 4-1-2-2-1 with a fluid and attacking mentality. My Captain for the season was Francesco Tavano a experienced forward in Serie B.

Task 1. I had a massive and top class youth facility so my first job was to clear out 22 member of the youth team that was not up to the level and go on the hunt for new talent.

Task 2.I needed a new DMC and GK so i went on the free transfer hunt to bolster my squad. (1) 19 Yr old Cameroon DMC Boris Nkoa, (2) 30 Yr old France GK Nicolas Puydebois, (3) 32 Yr old Italy MC/DMC Massimo Mutarelli and (4) 27 Yr old Brazil WBL/MLC/AMC/ST Alberoni.

Task 3
. I need to drastically cut my wage bill to bring in some new faces so i dropped three of the loan signings that were costing Empoli a wage.
Pre-Season 2011/12

Chamois Niortais 3-1 Empoli

Despite a descent first half and a 0-0 score line at half time i had two CCC’s to score. The second half started badly with French National side Niotrais Brellier scoring after 47mins with a LRE, a run from Larazzi on the left and a ball into the six yard box set up Busche for Empoli,s equaliser on 54mins. Regini scored an own goal on 58min after a bad timed clearence and things got worse on 65min when Ficagna gave the ball away and Marti pounced to score Niortais third.

Piacenza 1-0 Empoli
A poor performance in this game against a lower league side, i changed the tactic too 4-2-3-1 and tried to outnumber the defence but on 35min a badly cleared corner led to the only goal of the game from Miantoudila. I was out passed and out possessed.

IF I GET ENOUGH FEEDBACK OR INTEREST I WILL CARRY ON THE THREAD.

View attachment 261175

Since i have had some interest in the story i will continue.

The rest of pre-season went better, highlight was the 0-0 draw at home against Lazio after limiting them to long range efforts and no clear cut chances.
View attachment 261177
Changing my tactic was the reason behind my change in form, Moro and Validifiore were cutting inside and causing the defence massive problems.

I also recruited some good young talent for free during the pre-season ready for my academy.
View attachment 261182

Empoli - August 2011
Decent start to the season
Star Player: Francesco Tavano 4Gls, 3Ass
View attachment 261183 August was a quiet season in the league, two opening games were the Italian cup qualifying rounds one and two, not overly impressed after beating Reggiana 2-0 after them having two goals chalked off at 0-0 and extra time win over Livorno after leading for 70 mins. Highlight of the month was the 7-1 win against Nocerina at home.
View attachment 261184

In case you weren't aware, Rugani on Empoli is a top young DC who becomes one of the top in the world.

I new he was a 5 star talent but i didn't realise this would be at world level

Empoli - September 2011
Tavano continues his form
Star Player: Francesco Tavano 6Gls
View attachment 261188

Two disapointing defeats one against fellow promotion hopefulls Sampdoria (despite Empoli winning 3-1 in the second half) was put right with a first away win against Juve and a good display against another promotion hopeful Torino. A 2-0 win was modest in the end due some terrible finishing by the AMR/L otherwise could have made it 4-0. Other top performers this month were Busche and Fatic assisting 7 times between them

Last edited:
Empoli - October 2011
Major Month of results
Star Player: Lorenzo Stovini
View attachment 261191Goal for the month was to win against Pescara and Bari (W 1-0) who are top 6 contenders, this started well with a 2-1 against Pescara; I made a decision after the Sampdoria game to change goalkeepers from Puydebois to Pelagotti this was a good choice as he contributed to 4 clean sheets in 6 games. Solid defense this month and team up to 4th in the league.

Empoli - November 2011
Another good month in Serie B
Star Player: Francesco Tavano 6Gls
View attachment 261195This month the goal was to win Italian 4th Qual vs Bari and to top Serie B. I extended my unbeaten run to 13 games (1cup 12league) which put me 2 points clear at the top with Livorno in second. This month i discovered Lorenzo Tonelli (22) DC who scored two goals and earned one Man of the match.

After a poor display against Reggina despit a 3-0 win, i made a decision to change my tactic to 4-3-3 against Vicenza. I felt my central midfielders were being secluded when my AMR/L were attacking and left too much work for my defenders, Teams were out playing me in the middle of the park.

Empoli - December 2011
Ahh! Top Cemented
Star Player: Ivan Fatic

Again an unbeaten month but a disapointing result against Padova, i pictured my team picking up 9 points this month and putting Livorno under pressure. I put the result down to my team getting used to the new tactic and the introduction of youngsters Saporana, Camora and Castagno. The highlight of the month was the scoring of young Saporana (3 goals) with the injury too Coralli he stood up and produced some goals along with Tavano (3 in 3).

View attachment 261209

I go into 2012 with a 5 point lead over Livorno.

Empoli - January 2012
The Run Goes On... and ther's an upset
Star Player: Paulo Sergio 1Gls, 4Ass

A really good start to the year. My goal was to increse my lead at the top and get two new players in the transfer market. Beating Torino was a big deal as by the end of Jan they were in second place as a tired looking Livorno dropped to 4th behind Gubbio. A magnificant win against AC Milan was the highlight of the month but i could not take advantage and get passed Genoa a round later, but a good effort getting to the Qtr Final.
View attachment 261216

View attachment 261217

The board did not give me much transfer money €2.5m, Empoli had gone through 3 previous failed buy-out attempts. I did manage to get three players in Ivan Fatic (DL), Paulo Sergio (FC) and Rodrigo Ely (DC).
View attachment 261218

My unbeaten league record stretches to 20 games

Empoli End of Season 2011/12
1st Serie B
Top Goal Scorer: Francesco Tavano (42 games, 41 goals)
Top Youngster: Luigi Silvestri (18)

A great season, lost my 26 game unbeaten run in February but i couldn't have imagined this run at the start of the season, won the game with four games remaining so the last few results were with trial players and youngsters. Looking forward to Serie A lets hope i get some funds to avoid relegation.

View attachment 261319View attachment 261320