Brunzig

Reaction score
Hi Fellas, I am currently managing Empoli in Serie B, I am using a 4-3-1-2 formation

A325DB82A7A3D23423515FFF37DA214D99323557

Since this screenshot I have changed some player roles. The WB are now FB and the Treq is now an AP. My passing style in now set to default and my style is rigid.

What can I do to improve this tactic and stop drawing? (5 on the bounce!!)

1) dont play a treq in lower leagues
2) dont play a treq and dlf together, they get in each others way (you want both strikers making forward runs for the treq to play in)
3) would not play attacking wb's, too much space left open and the mids are too high up the field
4) play control/attacking at home and if you are the better team (tick counter box away from home)
5) drill crosses, much better than float! your wb's would need crossing of around 16 + to cross correctly
6) change formation, 433 (dm)
7) use shouts if you are not doing so already
8) use my teamtalk guide if you are letting your AM do it which is not a good idea

good luck

1) dont play a treq in lower leagues
2) dont play a treq and dlf together, they get in each others way (you want both strikers making forward runs for the treq to play in)
3) would not play attacking wb's, too much space left open and the mids are too high up the field
4) play control/attacking at home and if you are the better team (tick counter box away from home)
5) drill crosses, much better than float! your wb's would need crossing of around 16 + to cross correctly
6) change formation, 433 (dm)
7) use shouts if you are not doing so already
8) use my teamtalk guide if you are letting your AM do it which is not a good idea

good luck

I want to try and keep the 4-3-1-2 formation, I have changed the WB's to FB's with attacking duty, I will change the crossing and playing style to the ones you have suggested and see how that goes.

I am trying to replicate José Mourinho's 4-3-1-2 at inter, is this the best setup? Like I said in my post above my screenshot doesn't show how my formation is setup as I have made changes. My setup is now below (screenshot is one I found on Google)

Inter4-3-1-2.png

GK: Julio Cesar: Goalkeeper (Defend)
DR: Maicon: Full Back (Attack)
DCr: Lucio: Limited Defender (Stopper)
DCl: Walter Samuel: Central Defender (Defend)
DL: Cristian Chivu: Full Back (Attack)
MCr: Dejan Stankovic: Box-to-Box Midfielder (Support)
MC: Esteban Cambiasso: Ball-Winning Midfielder (Defend)
MCl: Thiago Motta: Box-to-Box Midfielder (Support)
AMC: Wesley Sneijder: Advanced Playmaker (Attack)
STr: Diego Milito: Advanced Forward (Attack)
FCl: Samuel Eto'o: Deep-Lying Forward (Support)

Philosophy: Rigid
Passing Style: Default
Creative Freedom: Default
Closing Down: Press More
Tackling: Default
Marking: Zonal Marking
Crossing: Drilled Crosses
Roaming: Default