Cris7

Reaction score
Hi guys, can someone help me with Rodgers RL tactic in Liverpool.
THANKS

Hi Cris,

I've tried to emulate this tactic. I have noticed that you do conceed on the break quite often, but generally it's been a good tactic. I haven't used this with the new patch yet, so I have both Wingers/Inside Forwards and Attacking fullbacks, though this probably would need tweaking with 14.1.4.

Goalkeeper - Sweeper, Attack

LB - Fullback, Support
CD - Central Defender, Defend
CD - Central Defender, Cover
RB - Fullback, Support

CDM - Registra, Support
CM - Box to box, Support

Winger/Inside Forwards - Attack

Striker - False 9, Support
Advanced Forward/Poacher - Attack

-- Push Higher up
-- Roam from positions
-- Play wider
-- Expressive
-- Fluid/Very Fluid
-- Hassle
-- Higher Tempo

Player instructions are kept to a minimum as it's Fluid as it is, you can change it to balanced and get your team to send in more Risky passes... F9 and W/IF's are often good at this if they cut inside... But you can view their traits as you play

Have the central midfielders offset, one left one right, interchange this sometimes...

The 4 attackers are very keen to stay up the pitch often, the F9 position will drop back in attack, but they often stay up on a break... Which is the biggest issue in Rodgers system, and this...

If you're up against a good team, keep the strikers up the pitch, they enjoy pushing about good CB's but put your Wide players on Support...
If you're chasing a game, put your CDM into midfield as a DLP or AP depending on F9's ability to pull into midfield (sometimes they just don't, so it's worth watching a match in Extended to see their movement.

Oh, btw...

1st year - Premier league champions - a few points
2nd year - Premier league champions - 8-10 points
3rd year - Premier league champions - 12-15 points, Champions league winners (Group of death winners, beat Bayern home and away twice)