End Of Contract > Loan > Then Sell... is that the way to make money? is it cheating?

emman23

Reaction score
End Of Contract > Loan > Then Sell... is that the way to make money? is it cheating?

I searched the net, but i cant find a definitive answer. Is this kind of transaction effective? i got mixed result( more positive though). Is it somekind of exploitation?... im doing this for 2 seasons, will it affect my reputation somehow? like players wont sign to me anymore bec. they know that they will be sold/loan?..

Side question... is my youth team important? Im playing wigan, my youth facilities is becoming great in the last 3 years, but i dont have any youth players (except when youth intake, which youths sucks so bad, the best potential is 1 1/2 star).. i dont also have a good under 18 staffs..

Last edited:
I class the youth team as very important, especially if you're playing in Europe (U20 players who have been at the club for 2 years don't need registering). Also helps in the PL (when I've taken over at other clubs I struggle to find enough HG players for my squad registration), and of course it's an excellent way of making money!

Youth players/regens are by far the best way of making money in the game. You should aim to have a solid youth team, firstly so that when needs be you have players for the first team and also because you can easily fund all your future transfers from them.

i dont have any players in my youth, all my youths are on reserve team.. is that ok? or should i buy more cheap 14-17age players? my youth intakes are awful.. maybe top teams get the best youths 1st.. i also have above average recruitment...

so end of contract > loan > sell is not that efficient, sometimes i cant offload them.. im signing doumbia now in summer on End Contract. planning to loan and sell him as i have Maupay. is that good?..

I generally don't have a reserve team as such, just rotation players in my 1st team made available for match fitness, if you don't have enough reserves they automatically get bought up from youth so it's best to keep them in the youth team

i dont have any players in my youth, all my youths are on reserve team.. is that ok? or should i buy more cheap 14-17age players? my youth intakes are awful.. maybe top teams get the best youths 1st.. i also have above average recruitment...

so end of contract > loan > sell is not that efficient, sometimes i cant offload them.. im signing doumbia now in summer on End Contract. planning to loan and sell him as i have Maupay. is that good?..

What ever makes you the most money. I wouldn't class it as cheating. It's more of wheeling and dealing Harry Redknapp style. But you have to make the right signings to sell them on. Although on a side note, why do you want to sell doumbia he would make a good backup to maupay?

I generally don't have a reserve team as such, just rotation players in my 1st team made available for match fitness, if you don't have enough reserves they automatically get bought up from youth so it's best to keep them in the youth team

why you dont have a reserve team? all my youths are on reserve and nothing in my youth. Will they improve more if they are on youth team? ..beside in my youths, i have players that rarely plays in the 1st team available in reserve match for match fitness.

What ever makes you the most money. I wouldn't class it as cheating. It's more of wheeling and dealing Harry Redknapp style. But you have to make the right signings to sell them on. Although on a side note, why do you want to sell doumbia he would make a good backup to maupay?

Thanks!.. i kinda feel happy when i sign someone free then sell him in winter window for a pop. Like, Abdel barrada, sold him 13m. huge money as i am Wigan. I bought wanyama for 9m, he was beast, but southampton offers 32m for him in the next summer, and i cant say no. (off topic sorry,now i want to buy him again, as i cant find a good BWM that would sign to me.)...

Most of my money comes from this exploit. i have now , 30m and a 300k available payroll. Im thinking about keeping doumbia, and selling Eduardo (an old guy , he's a good tutor for maupay). I also have HELLenius, which became a back up, after i bought berbatov. Im thinking of selling hellenius as he hit by injuries and he's only a 2.5 star, both current and potential. Is he going to improve anymore? he's only 23 years old, im really rooting for him, he was beast in 1st season, 16 goals 9 assist.

I keep my squad quite small, I generally don't keep old players around if they're not in the 1st team (except for tutoring). I have my 1st team, and my rotation is generally 2-3 star CA youngsters (~20-23) and I use my youth as backup as I don't see much point in giving a 2 star old player game time when I can give game time to a 2 star youth to aide development.

i also keep my squad small, but with oldies, makes it feel more realistic.