End of Season Review

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 2K
S

Sam

This season has now come to an end, so post on this thread a review for your team's season. I made this intentionally so I could here some moaning Arsenal fans XD. Joss and Calum please.

I personally am happy with MK Dons this year but fustrated with Spurs for so many reasons

The worst season in our clubs 124 year history. 7 supposed businessman took this club by the neck and nearly threw it out of business.

What started as a season full of hope, my dreams of a promotion push got big as we beat Southampton away on the opening day of the season. But as Peter Reid said "Its a good start, nothing more than that. There will ups and downs" and without knowing at that time, Peter Reid couldn't of been more right. From there we slipped down the table, the team wasn't doing great. We lost to Exeter in the JPT, in a game marred by crowd violence, and that hurt. But BWP and Noone were firing on all cylinders, Conor Clifford a new loanee helped defeat Exeter in the league and the team was getting stronger.

But, the HMRC soon come knocking on our door and our best players had to be sold- BWP, Noone, Johnson etc, all gone at knockdown prices. We lost 3-1 to Tranmere at home, and thats when we knew, we was in a relegation battle. And by the end of February, we had 10 points deducted for going into administration. It needed a great escape, and at one point it looked a possibilty. But defeat away to Exeter and then to Southampton confirmed our relegation to League- Where we was 10 years ago, until Sturrock took us to the Championship. A Full circle.

But in the darkest storm, it was the unity and spirit of fans, players and manager that kept us alive. The fans, who did their all in supporting the team and raising money for the unpayed staff stuck to the team like glue. The unpayed office staff who could of easily walked and sent us down the mire, who were struggling to put food on the table, stayed and helped us fight on. The unpayed players and Peter Reid, who put in their all every-week. And it was all summed up with one final round of appreciation after the last game of the season against Leyton Orient. Very emotional scenes for me and other fans.

Sorry for making it so long, but yeah... At least we have a club.. and by the way Exeter... In your famous words..

I don't know where
I don't know when
But one day sunny day..
We'll meet again!

Resurgam! :wub:​

Happy United secured a 19th Premier league title after a stumbling start, and some hard fought victories. Would of liked to have topped it off with a Champions League trophy as well, but facing arguable the best player, and team in the world was always going to end one way.

Also Happy for Norwich. Gaining promotion after some bad results mid way through. Can't wait to see some of the big names come to Carrow road. Will be wonderful.

Manchester United,

I am personally very Happy with this season, It is clear we need new blood to replace the old, and we started to do that by signing a young mexican called Herdandez( might of heard of him. :P) he has had a very good season for, This season has been an transitional season where we still managed to win the league( being top since 12th december). A lot of players started to mature this season, Nani, Anderson, Rafael and Fabio to name a few. We also found a gem in Chris Smalling, Eye brows and questions where asked when We paid nearly 10million for the man, but he has been a great deputy for Rio. In a season where, we where constantly questioned with **** about not being a typical united side, we demonstrated when of the best traits known to Manchester United, We never given up and kept going to the end.

With the side we had to get to the FA cup semi, Win the league and be Runner Up in the Champions league. I would say is a great seasons effort.

so I could here some moaning Arsenal fans XD. Joss and Calum please.

Our best season ever actually we beat chelsea united and the champions of europe Barcelona

^^)

Will be doing a Villa one soonish on D&C and will link if/when I'm done. As we speak, putting a few finishing touches to an end of season awards thingymajig

Last edited:
Our best season ever actually we beat chelsea united and the champions of europe Barcelona

^^)

Not what I wanted at all :( Finished 4th!!!

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Will be doing a Villa one soonish on D&C and will link if/when I'm done. As we speak, putting a few finishing touches to an end of season awards thingymajig

D&C?

Sounds good, Hope Dunc rage quits yours as well ;)

Combination of bad luck, not being bothered enough of the time, and throwing away ridiculous leads = pretty **** season. Ironically, we were largely shocking at home, yet we deservedly beat Utd, Chelsea and Barcelona at the Emirates. We'll be stronger next season, but so will the others. Confident of finally ending our trophy drought and an early St. Totteringham's day.

'Disappointing' pretty much sums up our season.

Combination of bad luck, not being bothered enough of the time, and throwing away ridiculous leads = pretty **** season. Ironically, we were largely shocking at home, yet we deservedly beat Utd, Chelsea and Barcelona at the Emirates. We'll be stronger next season, but so will the others. Confident of finally ending our trophy drought and an early St. Totteringham's day.

my post was a joke ;)

this is my actual thoughts said superbly by Joss :)

Reasons to be cheerfull:

1) D & D kicked out
2) FSG take over
3) Hodgson shown the door
4) Kenny at the helm again

YNWA

Arsenal: What a ******* season of two halves. Looked on for at least a trophy, and just fell off, again.

Hayes: Again, a season of two halves, went into january certain to go down, when we somehow created good form and managed to stay up!

Pretty good season for Newcastle although there has been a lot of ups and downs.

Ups:
Beating mackems 5-1.
Comeback against Arsenal.
Finishing mid table.
Beating Aston Villa 6-0 with the long haired gypsy scum getting a hat-trick.

Downs:
Conceding loads of late goals.
Selling Andy Carroll (although we did get £35 million).
Finishing 1 point behind Sunderland.

Now I'm looking forward to the signings that are apparently coming in *cough* Yohan Cabaye *cough* and hopefully seeing at least £20 million of that Andy Carroll money invested.

Manchester United: Very good season, finally on top of the ******* perch. Title number 19. It was a superb season where we had a record number of points at home and had absolute brilliant home form. Many wrote us off and gave us no chance of winning the league, still we showed why we are so good at winning the titles. Our Champions league form was absolutely superb. Yes we lost in the finals but we are undefeated away from home and conceded 0 goals away from home.. That was brilliant. Shame about finals though.

Reserves won the divisional championship, manchester cup and FA youth cup..

Highs: Nani's emergence, Hernandez signing, Rafael performance, Fabio making the RB his own (Hopefully he will be moved to LB so that Rafael will be back as RB), Smalling's performance, Berbatov topping goal scoring charts, Rooney back to playing as #10, Valencia's form post injury, Anderson showing what he is capable of.

Lows: Evra (Wont be surprised to see him leaving), Champions league final, our CMs, Rio's fitness, VDS retiring,

Overall it was similar to 2008-09 season, won the league but ****** up in the champions league final.

Consodering you wernt at old trafford in the final surely that counts as away from home.

Overall, United's average side was hidden by the failures of others. Sir Alex did well to hold them together though.

anyone know if there will be an data update once all the playoff places have been decided to see us all through the summer with accurate database???

Great season for Dortmund, but exiting the group stage of the Europa league was a little worrying.

Ups:
Winning the Bundesliga
Beating Bayern 3-1 away (one of the matches of the season IMO)
Beating Schalke 3-1 away (local rival)
Our goal difference (+45)
The attractive football played

Downs:
Loosing Sahin to Madrid
EL exit
DFB-Pokal exit

Consodering you wernt at old trafford in the final surely that counts as away from home.

Overall, United's average side was hidden by the failures of others. Sir Alex did well to hold them together though.

It is called Neutral venue as it was Barca's home eihter.

Barca's average side was hidden by failures of others..

Back