End of Season Review

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 2K
Consodering you wernt at old trafford in the final surely that counts as away from home.

Overall, United's average side was hidden by the failures of others. Sir Alex did well to hold them together though.

This is what i love about being a Utd Supporter, We are so hated by others, then when we win the league, it is cause others failed, rather then we succeed, and yet when we only win the league with a brilliant side( aka 2009) it is classed as a failure by others.

Proof in the league table, we deserved to win the league and it was comfortable.

Really happy with FCPorto for so many reasons. Happy with Leeds, we missed playoffs , ended up 7th but for 1st season in championship is amazing. And very sad with Liverpool :(

Consodering you wernt at old trafford in the final surely that counts as away from home.

Overall, United's average side was hidden by the failures of others. Sir Alex did well to hold them together though.

stick to your own side's review or shut up

It's been a long struggle of a season for Dundee FC but I am so relieved and overjoyed that we have managed to stay up despite our calamitous burden. If any of you do not already know we were deducted 25 points after going into administration for a 2nd time in 5 years. This was terrible for the club, there was talk of liquidation and an almost impossible task of remaining in the First Division. We had to let go many of our first team players and many of the coaching staff including manager, Gordon Chisholm (who was not missed). Barry Smith stepped in and took the team on a 20 odd match unbeaten run, with barely any first team players and a bench filled with youth. But despite the deduction and constraints we managed to hang on in there and stay up, we would've been only 1 point behind Dunfermline had it not been for the deduction. However I doubt we would have been able to recreate these performances without the deduction as the burden spurred the players on and made them perform. And we still would've had Chisholm, which is a thought I'd rather not reminisce. :)

Bad, bad first half of season under Hodgson (******), battle for the other ******'s ownership went on and on, even after they left, no improvement in results with awful football, poor media speaking, and so much else meaning Hodgson was a failure of epic proportions.

Then, Kenny came in. Initial slow start with reason for promise though with much better football played, then we clicked and spanked Wolves away and went on a great run. Although in the last two matches we filtered out, a half of a season to be proud of. 6th finish after we were left 12(ish) was a great finish. Optimism for future success, Suarez and Carroll coming in for that man, owners with a rep of winning and success. Youth players coming through. All is well.

Everton

We were always playing catch up after our usual slow start, but to finish 7th was a **** of an achievement. If you look at the teams above us and the amount of money they spend I think we can be very proud to get that close to them.

David Moyes is easily the second best manager in the league to Fergie. To make a team that plays this well with such limited funds is a miracle. If you look at our performances against the 6 teams above us - Man U Draw/Narrow Loss Chelsea Draw/Win Man City Win/Win Arsenal 2 Narrow losses Spurs Draw/Win Red ***** Win/Draw - we can be very proud.

I'm please overall with the team, back four has been brilliant, another great season for Baines who must definitely be breathing down Ashley Cole's neck now for the England spot. Arteta has been pure class as usual, Coleman has been a revelation on the wing although needs to smooth a few rough edges. Osman really stepped up when Pienaar left. Cahill sensational as always. Saha showing again that when he's fit (rare) he is among the Prem's best strikers. Beckford was always a risk but 10 goals in his first season is nothing to sniff at.

Glad pienaar went, he obviously thought he was better and didn't want to play, now he can get used to being a bench player. Hope Yakubu stays at Leicester, been looking very lazy, not good enough for Everton. Bilyaletdinov has shown yet again that he is not even worth half what we paid for him, apart from 1 or 2 spectacular goals he has been pretty useless - time to get rid.

Unless someone invests in the club we're never gonna get more than 7th, the top 4 are settled again, only this time with Man City. Tottenham will stay good enough to hold down 5th/6th and now the Red ***** have some more rich Americans they'll be able to buy their way back into contention. I'm confident Moyes will use what little money we have wisely and bring in some useful players, and if we can start the season the way we ended it we should give Spurs and the Red ***** a run for their money next season.

The season was pretty fantastic from a footballing point of view, the most competitive Premier League (When it came to every team, not just the title race) in as long as I can remember, huge upsets, big scorelines, controversy and drama. Unfortunately the title race had to end early after such an interesting run for the first 7 or so months.

And this was all capped off by an enthralling relegation battle, enjoyed it and already can't wait for next season.

From an Arsenal point of view, nothing I didn't expect. Was meh.

Everton

We were always playing catch up after our usual slow start, but to finish 7th was a **** of an achievement. If you look at the teams above us and the amount of money they spend I think we can be very proud to get that close to them.

David Moyes is easily the second best manager in the league to Fergie. To make a team that plays this well with such limited funds is a miracle. If you look at our performances against the 6 teams above us - Man U Draw/Narrow Loss Chelsea Draw/Win Man City Win/Win Arsenal 2 Narrow losses Spurs Draw/Win Red ***** Win/Draw - we can be very proud.

I'm please overall with the team, back four has been brilliant, another great season for Baines who must definitely be breathing down Ashley Cole's neck now for the England spot. Arteta has been pure class as usual, Coleman has been a revelation on the wing although needs to smooth a few rough edges. Osman really stepped up when Pienaar left. Cahill sensational as always. Saha showing again that when he's fit (rare) he is among the Prem's best strikers. Beckford was always a risk but 10 goals in his first season is nothing to sniff at.

Glad pienaar went, he obviously thought he was better and didn't want to play, now he can get used to being a bench player. Hope Yakubu stays at Leicester, been looking very lazy, not good enough for Everton. Bilyaletdinov has shown yet again that he is not even worth half what we paid for him, apart from 1 or 2 spectacular goals he has been pretty useless - time to get rid.

Unless someone invests in the club we're never gonna get more than 7th, the top 4 are settled again, only this time with Man City. Tottenham will stay good enough to hold down 5th/6th and now the Red ***** have some more rich Americans they'll be able to buy their way back into contention. I'm confident Moyes will use what little money we have wisely and bring in some useful players, and if we can start the season the way we ended it we should give Spurs and the Red ***** a run for their money next season.

Oh, we'll see about that!

Not a great season but although it wasent a great season we still finished 2nd when it looked like we would stuggle to get a CL place in February and ran Utd all the way until the 3rd last game. Some positives the emergance of Josh McEachran, loan players getting more expirience, the capture of Luiz and the settling of Ramires so quickly but thats about it to be fair. Some negatives was the sacking of Wilkins and Ancelotti, the injury and illness to Lampard and Drogba respectivly and the lack of form of many players.

Not sure who will be next manager as of yet but with a few signings (NEYMAR!!!) and a few also heading out the door i am confident Chelsea can come back stronger than ever and mount another serious title challenge and some cup success wouldnt go a miss either.

Back