Lukeeggy

Reaction score
Hi

All the teams I manage seem to have an end of season slump?

Anything I can do to stop this?

My training is generally on fitness as I play high intensity attacking football

loaning a good player in january sometimes helps, its a fresh face in the team at the right time. Rotating when you can if you have the squad for it.
I have them too though.

In my 5th season with Villa, won the title for the first time but lost the last 2 games.

I'm midtylland atm. 2nd season. In semi of CL and already won league. Teams starting to slump at wrong time. 1 win in 4.

Hi

All the teams I manage seem to have an end of season slump?

Anything I can do to stop this?

My training is generally on fitness as I play high intensity attacking football
Your training being on fitness has nothing to do with their actual fitness. It just trains their physical attributes.

One thing to keep in mind is that there is more pressure on players toward the end of the season. It may be a factor.

If fitness is a factor, maybe give the team an extra day off training every once in awhile, it won't improve match fitness but will help them to recover.

As WJ said, it can be mental as well, try changing your approach on match day team talks, try taking the pressure off.

Is it just in the league their performance has dropped? I find that if i have already won the league, my team will always switch off and drop points in the meaningless league games afterwards...

if the league is won the matches aren't important any more.
maybe throw in a few youngsters who are close to the first team.
they are willing to play and might suprise.