England 1-1 USA: England poor in possession, US get wide players forward well

Wright-phillips should be our last choice to go on either wing. He just gave the ball away so often!! And fluffed his chance to give us the win. I think I can safely say for the majority of people on here, I would have kicked the **** out of that ball into the near corner (If I had the ability to be in that position and actually do that of course :p)

Am I the only one that thought we played a weak team? I mean these six players are hardly good enough for the first team squad:
King
Milner
SWP
Lennon
Heskey
Green

And they proved it last night, Heskey did okay but I'd rather have a goalscorer than a link-up man especially with Gerrard and Lampard in the squad.

I'd much rather have:
Carragher/Ferdinand
Barry
J. Cole
Defoe/Crouch
Hart/ James
Beckham

On the pitch than the top list of players. But USA were terrible, in our day we would have smashed the **** into them, I really wouldn't look to much into this match XD

I thought Milner was having a decent game but Joe Cole should of played. Furthermore I don't get why we are getting on the back of Green he's an amazing goal keeper just because he made a mistake we seem to think he's rubbish all of a sudden.

I thought Milner was having a decent game but Joe Cole should of played. Furthermore I don't get why we are getting on the back of Green he's an amazing goal keeper just because he made a mistake we seem to think he's rubbish all of a sudden.

Amazing Goalkeeper, Bit far mate, he's a decent goalie, wouldnt even get into Nations like, Spain, Brazil, Italys squads IMO

All teams have weak points, ours would be GK and a natural Beckham-esque winger

All teams have weak points, ours would be GK and a natural Beckham-esque winger

We are fine on the right wing, Aaron Lennon is a fantastic player, it was Capello's team selection that was the problem on Saturday. Joe Hart has had a fantastic season and is a better goalkeeper then Green so I don't understand why he is not in goal. Anyone who still thinks Gerrard and Lampard can work as a combo has obviously not been watching England for the last 6 years, it has been the main problem that has not been resolved by any of the managers. All of the top teams at the World Cup play with a holding midfield player to protect the defence, Gerrard and Lampard are both players who like to make runs towards the box and shoot at goal, they are both not very good when it comes to running back and defending. USA are one of the worst teams at the World Cup, we nearly beat them despite a bizzare team selection that I said would not work before kick-off. USA showed more control in midfield then England because they had players who are in there natural positions unlike England.

The only way that England can win this competition is by dropping Heskey and going to 4-2-3-1, Barry and Lampard in the centre, J.Cole and Lennon on the wings and Gerrard behind Rooney. It will give England more control over the posession and will get the best out of Gerrard, if England play with a Gerrard and Lampard combo against a team like Brazil or Germany then the likes of Kaka and Ozil will have all the freedom in the world to run through the centre at Englands defence. Heskey did what he was asked to do very well on Saturday but that does not justify his selection, whenever he plays it results in long ball football because the centre backs just boot it up to Heskey and hope that he will flick it on to someone. Lucio will deal with Heskey just like he dealt with Drogba in the Champions League so booting long balls up to Heskey is not going to win the World Cup.