Reaction score

Capello Resigns!

Today we've heard news which is music to some fans ears, although some thought he was the way forward. Fabio Capello has resigned from England. After the more than dissapointing world cup, he had been through a lot of stick from the England fans, and although a frowned upon decision by some the english FA said that they wanted to give him another chance to achieve something.

Capello however, after England were so faithful to him wasn't so faithful back. The Italy job had come available after their abysmal showings at the world cup. Capello showed interest in the job from day one and it was only a matter of time before he took the job.

England have said that they want to employ an English manager, and have also said that although many had said that Harry Redknapp had already been lined up for the job, nobody had been chosen.

With this said Harry Redknapp is still the favourite for the job, at a 5/1 chance.

Next England manager (Betfred)

Harry Redknapp - 5/1
Chris Hughton - 7/1
Ian Holloway - 10/1
Steve Bruce - 15/1
Roy Hogdson - 20/1
Alan Shearer - 25/1
David Beckham - 30/1

Last edited:
YEAH!Thanks god!
im bet for redknapp(if you don't use your unknown manager)

YEAH!Thanks god!
im bet for redknapp(if you don't use your unknown manager)
haha;)
no i wont use my unknown manager:)
Maybe your right;)

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

"Thankyou for coming today" said Barry Bright the vice president of the FA. " A lot of thought and time has been put in to our decision as to who would be the man to take England on to new heights. We decided that we wanted someone new and exciting, and through the years i dont think there's been many people who have brought us more exciting moments that this man. Even though he's had a no actual experience as a manager, i dont think many many people will argue that he has warranted this chance to take England further.

(out steps David Beckham! Camera's flashed as David Beckham sat down.)
"I know many people will see me as the wrong man for the job, and i can see where your coming from in a way. I wouldnt be happy, as a fan if someone with no experience took over. However, you have to see that although i have no management experience i have a lot of experience with England, I was their through our depressing world cup, and trust me it hurt me as much as anyone. I worked with Capello, who whether you like it or not, is one of the best managers in the world, therefore i feel as if i have enough experience to take England forward, and hope that you will get behind me and the players, any questions.

The Sun: David, congratulations on the job, and we will definately be behind you. Do you think you can start successfully with your first match against Hungary?

Beckham: Thankyou. I believe we definately have the quality to beat Hungary, we have the quality to beat any team in the world, im hoping that the team start well under me, but obviously as im a new manager, it could take some time for them to get used to my ideas and tactics, but i do think we will win.

Daily Mirror: Will you be keeping Rio Ferdinand as captain, thinking about the amount of time he has injured?

Beckham: Rio is a fine player and person, and i havent made a decision yet, because due to how injury prone he is i might be changing the captaincy, but that takes nothing away from how good a player and captain he is.

The London Times: Whats your opinion on youth? Will you be using younger players?

David: Youth is no longer just the way forward, they are the present. As you saw Germany's world cup performance, their youth were absolutely fantastic. With players such as Phil Jones, Andy Carroll, Jack Wilshere and other I believe that we have a great present and future. Although i do believe many of the world cup squad are getting in to the final years of international football.

Thankyou for listening and your support.

should it not be Golden not Goden if not my bad

To change a thread name, you double click on the name of the thread.

Beckham Picks First Squad

David Beckham has picked his first England squad for the game against Hungary, which offers the oppurtunity for 5 players to get their first England cap. Jack Rodwell, Jack Wilshere, Phil Jones, Andy Carroll and Marc Albrighton.

Goalkeepers
Foster
Green
Hart

Defenders
Baines
Bridge
Cole
Cahill
Davies
Johnson
Jones
Terry

Midfielders
Albrighton
Barry
Cole
Gerrard
Johnson
Lampard

Lennon
Milner
Rodwell
Wilshere
Young

Strikers
Carroll
Defoe
Rooney
Walcott

With no Ferdinand due to injury it will be interesting to see who Beckham chooses to lead England out, and whether he will keep them as captain.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

deffo following :)
Thanks mate:)

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

To change a thread name, you double click on the name of the thread.
Cheers mate:)

nice :) 4-2-3-1 always works a treat for me with england

nice :) 4-2-3-1 always works a treat for me with england
cool, yeah rooney up top, and someone to allow lampard and gerrard to attack a bit more. Or Rodwell and Wilshere?;)

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

England - Quick News Update

James Milner has picked up a head injury and will be replaced by Lee Cattermole this gives the sometimes reckless Sunderland Captain Lee Cattermole the chance to win his first cap in the game against Hungary. To add to the injury list Jermain Defoe has been ruled out for 6 weeks with strained knee ligaments, Kevin Davies has been called up to replace him. The 7th player who could be given their debut against Hungary.

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Terry named Captain

David Beckham today caused a debate as he controversially decided to take away Rio Ferdinands captaincy with John Terry the chosen replacement. There was also a suprise as the vice captain is now Scott Parker who Beckham described as the workhorse and unsung hero of the teams he plays for. The public and media will have to wait to see if this decision pays off. Scott Parker could be leading the teams out after John Terry picked up a broken jaw in training. Exciting times for England.

Last edited: