England - Algeria post match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDude

Banned
Reaction score
As the other thread got closed I decided to create this one as we still want to discuss this match. I said in the other thread that if Capello persisted with 4-4-2 and Heskey up front then England would fail and you all laughed at me, I was right, you lot were wrong. Heskey will not win you a world cup, he is big lump which gives the other players an excuse to boot long balls and hope that his flick ons land at a team mate, it is football from the stone age. Beckenbauer was correct, England are playing kick and rush football. Everyone knows that England should be playing 4-2-3-1 with Gerrard behind Rooney and Joe Cole on the left, so why can't Capello see it? Heskey has not scored a goal for anyone since November last year, I mean seriously, what is he doing at the World Cup???

Also there is a debate to be had about Rooney, he is proving in this World Cup that he is not a world class player. If you analyse the goals he scored last season the majority were tap ins or penalties, he has been over-hyped by the deluded english media. Drogba scored more league goals then Rooney last season despite not being Chelsea's penalty taker and being away at the African Nations for a month, so the question is why was Rooney given the player of the year award, bias towards english players is the only obvious answer. Messi and Ronaldo can create goals for themselves where-as Rooney relies on other players to give him tap ins on a platter. Also, Rooney does not look fit to me but then he never does, he looks like he could do with a personal trainer to help him lose a few pounds, he would be a better player for it. Also, if Wayne does not like the pressure then he should not go on ridiculous Nike movies in the World Cup build up that hype him and put him on the same pedestal as Messi, Ronaldo etc.

Thats my opinion anyway, what do you lot think?

Last edited:
England are rubbish and thats all that needs to be discussed england may as well exit the competition now instead of getting peoples hopes up and then flopping again

Capello makes the wrong choices but i belive the problem lies much deeper than that.

It was closed for a reason, like this one is about to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.