England Climb in World Rankings!

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 2K
why are Egypt even in the top 10 when they did not qualify for the World Cup??

Am I correct in saying Egypt won the African Cup of Nations - I'm not sure, I may be wrong.

This is ******* jokes XD

To be honest the rankings are so close anybody could overtake anyone so it's not really a surprise...

I love how even though most of us love and support England (unless we're Scottish) we still hate the fact that we have done well.

Or that Egypt are 9th.

Here you go you can try to work out why now.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/fif...7/fs-590_10e_worldrankingpointcalculation.pdf

If that link dont work you find it on this page as a document.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/procedure/men.html

Fifa Rankings questions and answers.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/fifafacts/r&a-wr/52/00/95/fs-590_05e_wrqa.pdf

The points are gained from over the last 4 years and that includes friendlies, qualifying games and major tournaments but different points are awarded on the strength of a competition. The African nations is not as strong as the European championship in terms of stronger nations involved. Its not just worked out over a tournament that has just ended. Its a very complex formula that works it out fairly.
this.

Last edited:
Not totally suprising I guess, England probably only stayed up in the ranbkings due to a vacuum created by other teams doing even worse (Italy and France), although it'd be a tough arguement to say that England were alot better than Italy and even France. Also France had a pretty poor qualifying campain, as did Argentina so this might have had a knock on effect, also same can be said of Portugal.

also your sig, terry will be lucky to keep his england place let alone regain the captaincy

I agree I don't want a captain who's willing to undermine the Manager before a crucial game simply out of spite because he was rightfully stripped of his captaincy, also I hope he isn't even in the team come the Euro's let alone 2014.

Why the **** are Egypy ninth! What a joke, and why are we 7th! And Portugal should be lower IMO.

Not totally suprising I guess, England probably only stayed up in the ranbkings due to a vacuum created by other teams doing even worse (Italy and France), although it'd be a tough arguement to say that England were alot better than Italy and even France. Also France had a pretty poor qualifying campain, as did Argentina so this might have had a knock on effect, also same can be said of Portugal.

I agree I don't want a captain who's willing to undermine the Manager before a crucial game simply out of spite because he was rightfully stripped of his captaincy, also I hope he isn't even in the team come the Euro's let alone 2014.

Couldn't care less tbh mate :)

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

hardly deserved though. also your sig, terry will be lucky to keep his england place let alone regain the captaincy

Every man has a right to freedom of speech, who cares. It never said anything harsh, if anything, he was one of the best 3 players for england in the world cup so I think it would be a little harsh to critisize him, when 'captain' ferdinand was banned from football for 9 months when he failed a drugs test..

Couldn't care less tbh mate :)

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Every man has a right to freedom of speech, who cares. It never said anything harsh, if anything, he was one of the best 3 players for england in the world cup so I think it would be a little harsh to critisize him, when 'captain' ferdinand was banned from football for 9 months when he failed a drugs test..

Correction, he never failed a drugs test. He missed a drugs test and they wouldn't let him re-take it and they banned him. He didn't fail anything.

Back