England friendly angers Redknapp

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 999

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp lambasts the timing of England's forthcoming friendly against Hungary.

More...

i agree its terrible timing. Hopefully Fergie will make up some injurys for the man utd players like he usually does ;)

Don't blame him, whats the point in having an International Friendly 3 days before the start of the Premier League when for most of the friendlies you haven't had the players due to the World Cup. And its against Hungary, shouldn't we test ourselves against the bigger teams, like even Croatia

whats harry really complaining about here, hopefully fabio gives a different 23 a chance then the WC squad. it is at wembley so the spurs players will be in london anyway, oh no, they get like 2 days training with another coach, diddums

******* hate redknapp, i would say we dont play enough friendlys.

Whether England use a new 23 or not doesn't matter -- 23 players will be away from their clubs at a very important time. Even more so when you consider other nations playing friendlies too. Redknapps right, the timing of this friendly is completely stupid.

And CJACKO11, I'm sure everyone on the site knows you hate Redknapp by now, lol :)

Whether England use a new 23 or not doesn't matter -- 23 players will be away from their clubs at a very important time. Even more so when you consider other nations playing friendlies too. Redknapps right, the timing of this friendly is completely stupid.

And CJACKO11, I'm sure everyone on the site knows you hate Redknapp by now, lol :)

i just think his as dodgy as they come thats all. at the end of the day playing for your nation is ment to be the highlight of a footballers carear surely being away for 2-3 days with your nation would be a good thing.

All major clubs across Europe have this problem yet they are not complaining, nothing is going to change when these fixtures are played so Harry may as well shut up and deal with it.

Other managers do moan about the friendlies. If anyone gets injured, you'll hear a lot more moaning too.

Well we've got Arsenal, so I'm not happy with this, considering Arsenal have got like no English players, this could give them the advantage :P

i just think his as dodgy as they come thats all. at the end of the day playing for your nation is ment to be the highlight of a footballers carear surely being away for 2-3 days with your nation would be a good thing.

it would be a good thing if it wasn't a couple of days before the season starts - luckily for Liverpool and Arsenal, they play on the sunday, so get an extra day; & Cjacko, you'll moan like **** if Lampard or someone comes back injured and is out for a couple of weeks...

it would be a good thing if it wasn't a couple of days before the season starts - luckily for Liverpool and Arsenal, they play on the sunday, so get an extra day; & Cjacko, you'll moan like **** if Lampard or someone comes back injured and is out for a couple of weeks...

thats the thing i really wont moan injuys are a part of football and i never use it as an excuse. whether lamps or anyone for that matter gets injured im still confident in my squad to win matches. for me internationals are more important than club football.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Well we've got Arsenal, so I'm not happy with this, considering Arsenal have got like no English players, this could give them the advantage :P

its not just england playing there are more frindlys.

thats the thing i really wont moan injuys are a part of football and i never use it as an excuse. whether lamps or anyone for that matter gets injured im still confident in my squad to win matches. for me internationals are more important than club football.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

its not just england playing there are more frindlys.
Oh, that I didn't know. But watch at least ONE major player from PL get injured in it.

All major clubs across Europe have this problem yet they are not complaining, nothing is going to change when these fixtures are played so Harry may as well shut up and deal with it.

Most major Leagues across Europe start two weeks after the Premier League so it won't affect their preparation in the slightest.

Other managers do moan about the friendlies. If anyone gets injured, you'll hear a lot more moaning too.

Mehh, I suppose you're right but it ****** me off when I see Manager's complain about fixture pile ups, we played over 60 games last season and Roy Hodgson didn't rant about it once, the fact that Harry is complaining already is rather concerning. Maybe Roy Hodgson is just a different class to other Manager's though.

Yeah Moan like **** if anyone gets injured, But Who will be moaning when every "big" players has a niggle Monday morning and cant play. This is playing for england, people should be proud and willing to put the shirt on

Oh, that I didn't know. But watch at least ONE major player from PL get injured in it.

oh im not douting that its a huge possibility it will happen and of corse i hope its no chelsea players but i just think it needs to happen.

Mehh, I suppose you're right but it ****** me off when I see Manager's complain about fixture pile ups, we played over 60 games last season and Roy Hodgson didn't rant about it once, the fact that Harry is complaining already is rather concerning. Maybe Roy Hodgson is just a different class to other Manager's though.

Hodgson is a very humble manager, probably due to his wide and varied football education. Plus, he's been an international manager himself, so he can't really moan about international fixtures when he was once part of it.

What annoys me more than anything though is when teams moan about fixture pile-ups and then, when they get a break, they decide to go on tour to Asia, Americas etc and play shed-loads of friendlies just to cash in on other markets. If they are so concerned about players burning out etc... then these are the games that should be minimised more than any other. But they won't be, because of the money involved.

well i hope capello picks a completely different 23 from that who played at the world cup...
just because i think very few of them deserve to play after the shambles in south africa.

drop some of the big names (Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard etc.) and show them a lesson. Bring some of the kids in (Johnson, Walcott...) and see how they perform...

well i hope capello picks a completely different 23 from that who played at the world cup...
just because i think very few of them deserve to play after the shambles in south africa.

drop some of the big names (Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard etc.) and show them a lesson. Bring some of the kids in (Johnson, Walcott...) and see how they perform...

agreed mate. players like Joe Hart, Jack Rodwell, Adam Johnson, Theo Walcott etc.

Back