England in worst ever World Cup ranking

i see where you are coming from, but i think we have a decent central midfield, but we dont have any young upcoming defenders who are any good on the ball, a la ferdinand or king, and we badly need one, as was shown through the world cup

Micah Richards??

My England Team:
Cattermole

Cattermole's a very good call for a possibility there.

-----

@madsheep - Milner. Pace is the thing. Need to keep the opposition left fullback pegged properly back and also cover for Johnson going forward. Not seen him do that sufficiently well. Walcott with workrate and positional sense would be ideal if he could be persuaded to stay out wide and cross from time to time. SWP might be the answer but I don't think he's got the motor to sustain 90 minutes of it.

Cattermole's a very good call for a possibility there.

-----

@madsheep - Milner. Pace is the thing. Need to keep the opposition left fullback pegged properly back and also cover for Johnson going forward. Not seen him do that sufficiently well. Walcott with workrate and positional sense would be ideal if he could be persuaded to stay out wide and cross from time to time. SWP might be the answer but I don't think he's got the motor to sustain 90 minutes of it.
i think its vital this season that walcott and wenger work out what they want him to be, both for himself, and england.

i think its vital this season that walcott and wenger work out what they want him to be, both for himself, and england.

I have to keep reminding myself that he's still only a very young man and that a lot of the positional and decision making elements of his game can be developed over time. But it is a worry that he still can't follow a tactical game plan for 45 minutes, let alone 90, whether for Arsenal or for England, despite having two excellent coaches in Wenger and Capello to drum it into him. He'd slot in almost ideally into the Robben role in the Dutch team though if he learnt how to stop getting caught offside.

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

Whacking it here - Wilson piece I read this morning on his views on the 4-4-2: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/jul/14/the-question-what-next-for-442

Might have to get his latest book which covers England matches from a tactical perspective.

because he is not the sole reason for englands failure...

Agree....but partialy
You can say what ever you want about Maradonna's coaching skills, but you must addmit that he have created chemistry in his team. Capello on other hand without doubt have a coaching skills but when it comes to creating chemistry inside England national team, he did noting...even more...he did lot of wrong things, creating a negative vibe inside team.
But back to Rooney...England did not score much goals, and becouse it is his job more then anyone elses in England team I point finger to him. Besides I dont like his behaviour, but that is just me

Agree....but partialy
You can say what ever you want about Maradonna's coaching skills, but you must addmit that he have created chemistry in his team. Capello on other hand without doubt have a coaching skills but when it comes to creating chemistry inside England national team, he did noting...even more...he did lot of wrong things, creating a negative vibe inside team.
But back to Rooney...England did not score much goals, and becouse it is his job more then anyone elses in England team I point finger to him. Besides I dont like his behaviour, but that is just me

Bad choice comparing Maradonna to Capello, they put an even worse performance in against Germany.. He is n awful tactician, no amount of 'chemistry' can make up for that. England of corse were terrible too but I'd rather have Capello not that druggie lunatic Maradonna who has brought nothing to the world of football management apart from controversy and an epic underachievement for one of the top 3 countries in the world.

I dont really pay attention to these rankings,just geta goodqualifying record for a major tournament,win ur friendlies and u will rise

Bad choice comparing Maradonna to Capello, they put an even worse performance in against Germany.. He is n awful tactician, no amount of 'chemistry' can make up for that. England of corse were terrible too but I'd rather have Capello not that druggie lunatic Maradonna who has brought nothing to the world of football management apart from controversy and an epic underachievement for one of the top 3 countries in the world.
Well....read what I worte, mate :) I did not say that Maradona is coaching mage...But let me ellaborate...
Chemistry is important, and you can addmitit or not. Just think of Real Madrid, they are spending money big time, like we all do in FM, but since Zidane they did nothing significant. And all managers they had are surrely better then Maradona, but they failed to prodouced chemistry in their team. With much less games on their fixtures list, national teams even more depends on chemistry.
Also, playing in quater final hardly is underachievement, even for Argentina. Well it's not a big deal either, but hardly that it can be called underachievements...Ask some Italian or French about that :)

Agree....but partialy
you seem to forget that that for 18 months before the world cup the team was fine interms of togetherness, sometthing happened in the last two months.

on rooney yes he is there to score goals, but when your wingers can barely cross ,and your midfield cant barely supply you with good passes, it becomes very hard to score. you cant blame rooney for the bad service. so a personal like or dislike for rooney is irrelevant in what happened.

wherever that negative vibe came from recently it wasnt from capello

England were rated the 13th best team of the 32 that competed in South Africa, two places lower than their previous worst ranking of 11th at the 1958 World Cup in Sweden.