MJHendry

Reaction score
Got fed up with club management so decided to give meself a challenge and take over England. However, trying to work out the decisive tactic which, with the players that England have, can actually allow England to put up a fight against teams like Germany and Spain. Anyone with any tips about England International tactics?

I've never played as England but looking at their team a 4-5-1 with something like Barry siting behind Gerrard and Lampard in the middle could work quite well..

However I would probably go with 2 up front, Rooney as a deep lying forward-support and Agbonalahor as a Poacher. Then a narrow diamond midfield;
--------Barry-------- deep-lying playmaker-defend
--Gerrard--Beckham-- box2box-support and center mid-attack/advance playmaker-support
------Lampard----- Attacking midfielder-attack

Gerrard could play the other role if you would rather have Carrick as the box2box.

As i said not played as England but hope this helps! :)

I too need some help. So far have scraped a draw against Serbia first match (I'm in 2013, taking over Capello after he retired after winning Euro 2012), and I mean scraped - My assisstant let me know after they had 27 clear cut chances lol. Then a 2-0 win over Wales, we played reasonably well but Wales aren't exactly the strongest team. Then just lost 3-2 against Slovakia. Cheers in advance.

Look on the Latest files list on the right, Joss has just posted an England emulation tactic based on a 4-2-3-1 with Lampard and Barry in centre, Gerrard attacking mid, and so on. Give that a go if you want!

Look on the Latest files list on the right, Joss has just posted an England emulation tactic based on a 4-2-3-1 with Lampard and Barry in centre, Gerrard attacking mid, and so on. Give that a go if you want!

Problem is, I would use that tactic but unfortunately, I'm playing fm09, and the tactic is for fm10. The problem isn't the formation but the tactics, so although it helps positionally, tactically I'm still lost for ideas :) Cheers though, would have solved the problem

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

I too need some help. So far have scraped a draw against Serbia first match (I'm in 2013, taking over Capello after he retired after winning Euro 2012), and I mean scraped - My assisstant let me know after they had 27 clear cut chances lol. Then a 2-0 win over Wales, we played reasonably well but Wales aren't exactly the strongest team. Then just lost 3-2 against Slovakia. Cheers in advance.

What tactic did you use? Just so I know not to use that one :)

Check out my sig, and the top thing on latest files - my England emulation tactics, using the principles of Capello's tactics, but that actually work, achieved 4th place in the EC (lost to Italy on pens) and beat teams like Argentina, Croatia etc.

Check out my sig, and the top thing on latest files - my England emulation tactics, using the principles of Capello's tactics, but that actually work, achieved 4th place in the EC (lost to Italy on pens) and beat teams like Argentina, Croatia etc.

Already looked at it, and I cant download for mine because I'm playing fm09.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/reliving-66-t47357.html#post686093

Here's the link to my England manager story.