bballshawn

Reaction score
I'm probably gonna receive alot of flak but imma say it.

Every fm game seems to make every young english player who english people rave about a wonderkid. Couple with that the english players seem to have the best regens. despite not having the best youth rating.

English regens are good? Mostly, in almost all saves I've managed, English regens suck. France generally has the best regens for me, followed by Germany, Croatia and Ukraine.

I don't think there are many overrated young English players.. There are obviously a few but what would be the point in the game if every English youngster turned out to be an average Premier League bench-warmer like the rest?

In terms of regens, I find that besides from countries like Brazil, nations such as Croatia & Denmark get way too many world-class regens. Given the advantages English football has over countries like those I would say the turn out for fantastic regens is relatively low.

Wales has been good for me, particularly with Swansea and Cardiff (they always seem to get a superstar) but I think they count as England as they play in the English leagues.

Best youth intake for Swansea ever was in 2017 with a striker with a potential ability of 193 and a midfielder with a potential of 187 in the same intake.

If I have to rank it in order for regens:

1. Spain
2. France/South America (Colombia, Brazil and Argentina frequently produce wonderkids but they often fall into average players due to poor training if you don't have scouts dredging the continent for them)
3. Italy
4. England
5. Germany

England in general are overrated. The amount of times they win the WC is ridiculous!

I've found that England generally produce world class regens but they dont produce as many world class players as other countries like Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Brazil and Argentina. I think this is pretty similar to real life. I think this is pretty similar to real life as people like Rooney and Sturridge are as good as any other countries strikers but after these two they lack anyone else to come into the squad. When you look at Argentina for example they have Messi and Aguero to play up top but their depth after these two is incredible in Higuain, Palacio and Lavezzi with Tevez not even making the squad.

i agreed England are way to overrated come on fm make them more realistic please and stop them winning the world cup lol its just silly lol

I found that the country you manage adds bias to the International results. i.e. Those managing Man Utd will have England mostly dominate on their saves, etc.

And those who haven't got the real Germany might find different results too.

Variables, guyz.

Also I find the German kids are way overrated. Also Spanish and Argentine.

Brazilian and English are generally spot on IMO aside from the results obviously.

England are overrated in terms of what they achieve on the game but that is down to Football manager and how it plays

England have had some fantastic individuals players over the years that would get into most national sides but as a team it didn't work, on FM it doesn't work like that and the fact England has good individual players makes them one of the best

depend mostly on the coach i have seen england win the world two times back to back but they never win the euro championship

the teams who have the best regens on EVERY game of mine are;

Chelsea, City, Munich, Dortmund, Lyon, couple brazilians, couple aussies. although most munich players are very overrated in their potential rating tbh, same with some barca guys, madrid have a couple alright guys too. I had a 200 potential spanish wingback who actally made me change my formation cause he wouldnt train as a full back so I had an enhanced 442 diamond with the wing backs dominating the wings. When I'm united though which I was for that save I get poor english regens.

I agree england is very overrated, if you manage them in about 5-15 games rooney is your all time top scorer & you've won the world cup.

You can win anything with them, in fact I got to 2019 & funnily enough I had won the world cup twice, euros and to top it off the new all time scorer was danny welbeck, he is a beast on the game for some reason probably his physical stats