• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

England players Theo Walcott and Peter Crouch call for a winter break during the Premier League season.

More...

Good for the players i have no dout but i love the festive football period. Xmas day is ok and then you get boxing day where i get smashed and watch the Chels normally drop points so i hit the booze even harder.

Good for the players i have no dout but i love the festive football period. Xmas day is ok and then you get boxing day where i get smashed and watch the Chels normally drop points so i hit the booze even harder.

Agree. Wouldn't be the same without festive footie.

Sounds a bit like an excuse for playing so poorly, but I do think it would help the national side. It can't really happen without changing the league/cup structure though surely?

Exactly this.

The footballing christmas period is great, it's a massive part of English Footballing Tradition, would be very stupid too take it away.

Christmas games attract bigger crowds too.

Good for the smaller clubs as it generates more money for them.

no dont take it away :(

would be boring without our footie !

I always put country before club, so if this can help the national team then I am all for it

I always put country before club, so if this can help the national team then I am all for it

That may be part of the problem.

Football fans in England are so much more passionate about their club side. Don't know about any body else but I don't get excited about watching England any more

The xmas period is brilliant don't take it away.
did anyone else click on to this expecting Lampard or Gerard etc not walcot and crouch :P

Think maybe this would be a good idea, but only during years when we have a national competition if its possible. Therefore benefits everyone really.

Let Crouch and Walcott have their 'breaks' whilst we enjoy the football by a warm fire and crack open a drink or something.

I'm for it. Makes sense for everyone, not only for club but also for country. Maybe we could, as dasty said, hold it just after or before the festive season.

Well we are the only major league that doesn't have a break. Doesn't mean it has to be taken directly over Christmas either, it's a winter not festive break.

This is a joke... I am sorry, But the players look for so many excuses for under performing, How is it, Every foreign player in the EPL can perform at international tournaments and international matches, yet England players cant? They are paid enough money and should be fit enough, to play an extra 6 games in a summer every 2 years.

they get paid huge amounts of money to play football for a living. Quite frankly man up

x-mas period footy is the best love it that time of year what does anyone think about scrappin carling cup would cut down on some games thoughts?

Well if you don't like it go play in Italy.

x-mas period footy is the best love it that time of year what does anyone think about scrappin carling cup would cut down on some games thoughts?

Definitely not!

How else will we win a trophy?

Back