England players back winter break

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 2K
x-mas period footy is the best love it that time of year what does anyone think about scrappin carling cup would cut down on some games thoughts?

Certainly not.

It may not be so big in a PL teams eye's but try telling Wycombe that after they reached the Semi-Finals in 2007 and got a draw against Chelsea.

Also, its great for Youth Players from such teams as Arsenal and Man United, so its still good in that respect.

x-mas period footy is the best love it that time of year what does anyone think about scrappin carling cup would cut down on some games thoughts?

thoughts, are cutting a trophy is ludicrous!!

Certainly not.

It may not be so big in a PL teams eye's but try telling Wycombe that after they reached the Semi-Finals in 2007 and got a draw against Chelsea.

Also, its great for Youth Players from such teams as Arsenal and Man United, so its still good in that respect.
yeah agree there mate
with youth factor get to see some young tallent comin through i suppose

Certainly not.

I am sorry, but every other Country survives with one domestic cup you know.

This is a joke... I am sorry, But the players look for so many excuses for under performing, How is it, Every foreign player in the EPL can perform at international tournaments and international matches, yet England players cant? They are paid enough money and should be fit enough, to play an extra 6 games in a summer every 2 years.

I agree to an extent, but how many of the top international players in England performed at the world cup? Torres? Fabregas? Drogba? Van Persie? Malouda? Evra? Apologies if there are plenty but I can't recall many

**** off Crouch and Walcott. Get down the ******* gym or something, players in Brazil play like 70 games a season in blistering heat and sometimes at very high altitude.

I agree to an extent, but how many of the top international players in England performed at the world cup? Torres? Fabregas? Drogba? Van Persie? Malouda? Evra? Apologies if there are plenty but I can't recall many

Euro 2008 Torres was key, He has been **** all year, so can you expect him to perform at the world cup, on the run of that form.

Fabregas is a spanish bench warmer, so he is hardly going to shine.

Drogba played for an under achieving ivory coast side.

Evra played for the french, Hardly a team full of class.

I can honestly say, all these players not performing is because there country isnt up to top notch standards like England.

The Spanish league runs longer then ours, Yet they managed to perform.

How can a normal person beexpected to work 48 weeks of the year at 100% but we whine that our Football players cant for 36? YET THERE PAID 100 TIMES A NORMAL BLOKE EASILY.

This is a joke... I am sorry, But the players look for so many excuses for under performing, How is it, Every foreign player in the EPL can perform at international tournaments and international matches, yet England players cant? They are paid enough money and should be fit enough, to play an extra 6 games in a summer every 2 years.

THIS! By god, if I got the chance to play football at professional level for the money they're on, I'd want to play a competetive match every other day! Crouch and Walcott.. We have players who play their positions better than them now anyway, skim 'em.

A break during Christmas would be terrible. They'll want 2weeks+ break which would need to be added at the end of the season, and for the tops clubs, that normally have most of the internationals, the seasons would drag into mid June which is when the Tournaments start. Which is terrible. Only a couple of days training and getting used to new tactics and new teammates in the International team? No thanks. And not to mention, the players would only get a couple of days to settle into the country the tournament is being held in. Also not so great imo.

And someone's suggestion about scrapping the League cup would be pointless. Most of the Premiership teams, if not all, send youths or reserve players for League cup matches, so the Internationals are fit the FA cup and Premiership fixtures.

Back