Reaction score
attachment.php

CAPELLO AXED! ALL WORLD CUP PLAYERS BANNED! WHERE IS ENGLAND HEADED?

fabiocapello.jpg

In a brief statement today, the FA announced that manager Fabio Capello has been sacked with immediate effect after a less than impressive performance at the 2010 FIFA World Cup. The FA also stated rather stunningly, that all players who were part of the campaign in South Africa have also been banned for their dismal showing. The FA has indicated that a new manager will be appointed soon and that no candidates have been shortlisted.

The new manager is expected to have a tough task choosing the English side and is expected to qualify successfully for the European Championships of 2012. The players banned are David James, Glen Johnson, Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard, Michael Dawson, John Terry, Aaron Lennon, Frank Lampard, Peter Crouch, Wayne Rooney, Joe Cole, Robert Green, Stephen Warnock, Gareth Barry, Matthew Upson, James Milner, Shaun Wright-Philipps, Jamie Carragher, Jermaine Defoe, Ledley King, Emile Heskey, Michael Carrick and Joe Hart.

attachment.php

Speculation about a new manager has begun and according to skybet, the following are the favourites to take over the reins at England.

94084Frank_Rijkaard_476216a.jpg

Frank Rijkaard 2-1

Jurgen Klinnsmann 3-1
Daniel Robertson 4-1
Harry Redknapp 3-1
Arsene Wenger 3-1
Sir Alex Ferguson 6-1

Frank Rijkaard and Klinnsmann are currently unemployed. Daniel Robertson is a former Leeds, Preston North End and Liverpool player and a formerEnglish international with 37 caps and 12 goals to his name. He currently manages the Polish Under-21 side and has led them to European victory in the 2009 Championships at Sweden. Harry Redknapp manages Tottenham and Arsene Wenger manages their fierce rivals Arsenal. Sir Alex Ferguson manages the reputed Manchester United.

As such, Rijkaard remains the favourite, but given the bans on players, it remains to be seen whether he will take up the job.

Interesting. I would have only banned the players who played in the world cup if I were you.

Sounds good mate and yer only the players who made an appearance at the world cup so Joe hart, Michael Dawson and Stephen warnock shouldn't be banned

PFA_UK_logo.png

STATEMENT FROM PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLERS ASSOCIATION

With regard to the announcement made by the Football Association yesterday, telling the world about the sacking of Fabio Capello and the banning of all the players who were part of the World Cup campaign in South Africa, the PFA would like to state that unless the FA decides to go back on it's word and removes the ban on the players, the members of the PFA will refuse to co-operate with the FA.

Failure to comply with this may result in bad consequences.

Thank You.

The PFA Management.

-----------------------

LondonTimesLogo.png

RIJKAARD, KLINNSMANN RULE OUT ENGLAND JOB

In two separate announcements today, Frank Rijkaard and Jurgen Klinnsmann, both announced that they would not be interested in taking over the England job following the South Africa debacle and the dispute between the PFA and the FA. With both the favourites for the job out and Wenger and Sir Alex highly reluctant to leave their clubs- though they haven't released statements yet, the race is now down essentially to two men- Daniel Robertson and Harry Redknapp.

Robertson is currently employed by the Polish Under-21 team and Redknapp is at White Hart Lane. Whether their respective teams will let them discuss their future with the English management is yet to be seen.

--------------------------Two days later------------------------

guardian-logo.jpg

FA PREPARED TO ENTER DISCUSSIONS WITH PFA

The Football Association (FA) is ready to enter negotiation over the banning of the English players of the 2010 World Cup with the Professional Footballers Association (PFA). According to chairman David Bernstein, the FA is prepared to compromise on it's decision but not fully give in to the PFA's demands.

The PFA Management also has indicated that they are ready for talks but they would prefer it to be straightforward and short. The PFA has specified that Manchester United's Gary Neville, Chairman and Burnley player Clarke Carlisle and Leyton Orient's Scott McGleish will be the negotiating parties at the talks for the PFA. Discussions will start this evening at an undisclosed venue.

Meanwhile, the world players' body FIFPro has also expressed concern at the developments in England and wished that the situation is resolved soon.

On a side note, David Bernstein also stated that they had finalised the appointment of an England manager and that the person will be revealed at the New Wembley Stadium tomorrow.

-----------------------------------
attachment.php

With less than twenty four hours to go for the appointment of the new English manager, and with just four candidates remaining, Skybet takes a look at the chances each of them has got for the job.

Daniel Robertson (Poland Under-21)- 3-1
Harry Redknapp (Tottenham Hotspurs)- 3-1
Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United)-17-1
Arsene Wenger (Arsenal)-18-1

While Wenger's and Sir Alex's chances are now better called as unlikely, Redknapp still is at 3-1 and Robertson has improved from 4-1 to 3-1. With the race so tight, no one knows which of the two will take the nation's biggest job in the most difficult of times.

Who Will Win?
Is the Experience of Redknapp or the Energy of Robertson?

-----------------------------

attachment.php

HART, WARNOCK AND DAWSON BANS REVOKED!

The PFA and the FA, at 9:00 PM today, said that after four hours of discussion, they have reached an agreeable solution. While both agree that punishment should be given to the players involved, they have said that upon reconsideration, they felt that the players who did not play even a single game at the World Cup should have their bans revoked. As part of this, they said that Manchester City's goalkeeper Joe Hart, Aston Villa's Stephen Warnock and Tottenham Hotspurs Michael Dawson all have had their bans revoked and will be eligible to play for England from today.

PFA Chairman Clarke Carlisle said that this solution was "acceptable to all and I hope, will please all angry English fans". He also denied rumours that the English Premier League fixtures will be affected. He said "These players are not eligible to play only for the national team. The clubs can still enjoy their services."

The FA also refused to respond to the questions on the new English manager, asking the Press to attend the press conference at Wembley tomorrow.

------------------------------------

GERRARD 'DISAPPOINTED' BUT SAYS IT WAS INEVITABLE

steven_gerrard.jpg

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has stated that the decision to ban him and nineteen other players who featured in the England side was "highly disappointing" but admitted that it was inevitable. Speaking to reporters at around 10:00 PM, he stated that the ban was demoralising but said that they deserved it.

England had performed very badly in the World Cup held in South Africa and managed only a Second Round finish losing out to Germany 4-1.

--------------------------------------

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

sorry guys, fm 11 just crashed for some reason and i'm sorry i won't be able to continue the story. I will be installing the new football manager tonight and starting the story again, so the update might take a little long to come out.

Last edited:
This is actually a REALLY good story mate.
devestated you can't finish this!

Last edited:
Right then, after one FM crash, I am back to where I left the previous game. So continuing with the story...

--------------------------------------------

Date: 3rd June 2010
Time: 1500 hours GMT

wembley-stadium.jpg

PRESS CONFERENCE AT THE WEMBLEY STADIUM

There was considerable excitement amongst the members of the press as they settled in the conference room of the newly built Wembley Stadium, the home of English football. While there was a considerable English media presence, there was also a strong foreign contingent, including German newspaper Bild Zeitung, Spanish newspapers Marca and Madrid based ABC, the Corrierro Dello Sport from Italy and France Football from Paris. Amongst the numerous English newspapers and television represented here were the Guardian, the Daily Mail, The Times, BBC Sport, Sky Sports, and The Sun.

At around three o'clock in the afternoon, chairman of the Football Association David Bernstein came into the room, accompanied by two assistants. As soon as he entered, the English media bombarded him with questions such as "Is Mr. Redknapp leaving White Hart Lane sir?", "Is Mr. Robertson getting his first job?" and "Have you received applications from Sir Alex and Mr. Wenger?". Bernstein told them to calm down and settle first, an order they duly obeyed.

A few minutes later, the last few murmurs were stopped when Bernstein finally cleared his throat. Looking around, he began, "As you all know, we are assembled here to welcome the new manager of the English national side. Taking the job at this moment when English football at the national level is at it's lowest and every match seeming like a war is not an easy job. As you all know, there were six candidates for the job, two of whom withdrew, two highly reluctant leaving only two men to compete for the job. And you very well know, who those two men are."

Bernstein paused and gauged the reaction so far before continuing "Harry Redknapp. A distinguished manager and former player whose laurels are byond mention. Starting from Bournemouth in 1983 to Tottenham Hotspurs in 2010, Redknapp has had a host of achivevements to his name, be it taking the Spurs to the Champions League or be it developing today's England stars like Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole, and others. Many feel that with his experience, Redknapp would be the perfect choice for the job. That said, we now have to talk about the other man in contention. Daniel Robertson. Another former player and a budding manager, Robertson began a playing career at Leeds United, coming through their youth setup, before he signed for Preston North End and Liverpool. A relative youngster to the manager world, the former Everton first team coach and Newcastle youth coach went on and proved his credentials when he led the Everton Under 18s to a national victory-their first in years- and then later replicated the feat at the European level with a much weaker Polish Under-21 side."

The murmurs were on the rise again. The press were getting restless and Bernstein could sense it. He continued. "So without much ado, we introduce to you the new man we have entrusted England to."

Just then, a door at the far end of teh room swung open and a man walked through it. Thoroughly dressed in an England training kit, the new man's arrival evoked a variety of emotions from the press. Some were stunned, some with the air of I-expected-it and some still sobre.

Bernstein started with a flourish "Daniel..."
"....Robertson." the new man finished it for him. He smiled and took his seat next to Bernstein. Immediately, the press pounced on their new prey.

You have been awarded the job ahead of Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp. How do you feel?

It just feels great to be here. And to have been given precedence over a man as great as Mr. Redknapp is really an honour.

You have enjoyed considerable success over the past few years with the Everton Under-18s and the Poland Under-21 side. Do you think you could bring that to England?

Now, frankly, I would never have taken up the job if I wasn't confident. England are a good side and they have the potential to achieve anything in the world. It just needs to be tapped.

Any changes to the backroom staff?

I don't think I'm in a position to discuss that right now. Maybe a few days later.

With all the big players banned, do you have an idea of who will definitely be a part of the England side over the next few years?

I think yes. Theo Walcott, Michael Dawson, Darren Bent, Joe Hart, and some others will definitely be key to my plans.

Your first match is against Hungary. Are you looking for a win outright in your first England game?

No. In fact, I am just going to let the boys play their natural game without my tactics being imposed upon them and we'll see where it goes. It's basically to take a look at most of the players and assess their strengths and weaknesses.

How long do you intend to remain in this job?

As long as Mr. Bernstein allows me. (laughs) No. As of now, the contract for me ends two days after the end of the Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine. So I will hope to stay till then.

Would you be looking to youngsters or the old experienced players?

I should say we would be a side which has both of them and makes maximum use of them. Now, no more questions please for today. Thank you.

With that, David Bernstein, new England manager Daniel Robertson and the others left the conference room guarded closely by their bodyguards, who prevented the two men and their assisstants from being harassed by the media which seemed to be brimming with questions.

-------------------------------------

Last edited:
Nice original idea with banning the World Cup players, I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going

have u told lampard an gerrard cause thell be really uh if they get left out

Will be taking a break from this story to start my club story. Will be alternating between the two.