England squad to face Egypt

Jack Fulham

Reaction score
David James, Robert Green, Joe Hart; Wes Brown, James Milner, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Joleon Lescott, Ryan Shawcross, Leighton Baines, Stephen Warnock; David Beckham, Theo Walcott, Frank Lampard, Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Michael Carrick, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Stewart Downing; Emile Heskey, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Peter Crouch, Carlton Cole

http://www.thefa.com/England/MensSe...andEgypt/MatchPreviews/CapelloNamesSquad.aspx

Milner down with defenders for some reason so he may play right back.

There was talk about Milner playing at full-back on SSN earlier. I am glad that Capello is calling up both Baines and Warnock to the squad, though I think we all knew it would happen. Also not too surprised by the exclusion of Joe Cole. I blame Ancelotti for that one personally.

milner actually isnt with the defenders, click on the link on the page where it says you can see the squad profile he's with midfielders

Heskey over Zamora is criminal. there's no more to say than that.

Heskey over Zamora is criminal. there's no more to say than that.

It is a shame I know but Zamora picked up a knock against Shakhtar the other night and its probably better as we have a tough run of games coming up, the England team is not worthy of Zamora ;)

It is a shame I know but Zamora picked up a knock against Shakhtar the other night and its probably better as we have a tough run of games coming up, the England team is not worthy of Zamora ;)

let's hope that is the reason, Heskey isn't even Villa's second-choice.

I'm sorry but why pick an out of favour Heskey over an in form Zamora? Capello said he would only pick players who were starting or playing majority of games, what a load of bull.

i think it would be harsh to drop emile. played all the way through qualifiers, played well in them all. been okay for villa. and stll people dnt his class and ability

I'm also not sure why Heskey was picked since both C. Cole and Crouch are named in the squad.

I'd have probably picked Defoe, Rooney, Agbonlahor, C. Cole and Zamora.

Dissapointed with zamora not being in the sqaud he should have replaced crouch in my opinion.

Let's be honest, even if Zamora got into the squad it would be unlikely that he would play anyway

I'm glad shawcross is in the squad.:) Think zamora was a bit unlucky.

Don't really get where the heskey hate comes from.:S The difference between our results with him and without him suggest he is doing something right.

Heskey is a bigger fellow than Zamora and Rooney said he loves playing with him,so no doubt Capello will wanna continue sucking Rooneys ******* like a lollipop
I'd prefer C Cole TBH,then zamora then Heskey to be up with Rooney.
I'd like to see Tomkins in the squad if a few more drop out for the world cup

England's number one! :wub: (H)

Do us proud Joe :D

Heskey is a bigger fellow than Zamora and Rooney said he loves playing with him,so no doubt Capello will wanna continue sucking Rooneys ******* like a lollipop
I'd prefer C Cole TBH,then zamora then Heskey to be up with Rooney.
I'd like to see Tomkins in the squad if a few more drop out for the world cup
What the **** really?

Good to see shawcross in the team fabio must have liked what he saw!!

I don't think the decision regarding Shawcross making the squad was decided based on today's performance.

I'm glad shawcross is in the squad.:) Think zamora was a bit unlucky.

Don't really get where the heskey hate comes from.:S The difference between our results with him and without him suggest he is doing something right.
Your group was Ukraine, Croatia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Andorra... Pleeeease.

Back