England squad to face Egypt

Ryan shawcross how the **** did he get in he's just an average centerback. I reckon tony hibbert or leon osman should get chance they've been consistant performers for years.

Ryan shawcross how the **** did he get in he's just an average centerback. I reckon tony hibbert or leon osman should get chance they've been consistant performers for years.

For a start, is Leon Osman even a centre back? Because I thought he was a rm/cm.
Second of all, Ryan Shawcross (imo) has been in great form this season and he's only young.

Why is Walcott in? He's been poor since he's been back.

For a start, is Leon Osman even a centre back? Because I thought he was a rm/cm.
Second of all, Ryan Shawcross (imo) has been in great form this season and he's only young.

So what if Leon Osman is not a center back midfielders are allowed in the squad as well

The Leg-Breaking animal gets in :(

He's been a very good player for Stoke this season, why shouldn't he get his chance?

Oh right, he accidentally injured someone. Let's burn him at the stake.

I am dissapointed in the Arsenal fans giving Shawcross stick, I know the dissapointment over losing one of your best prospects and it was a horrific leg break but it clearly wasn't intentional and Shawcross is a very good centre back and I hope he bounces back from yesterday. Heskey should not be worthy of a place, far too lazy, doesn't score goals, he isn't effective enough for me. Zamora deserves a place ahead of him.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

He's been a very good player for Stoke this season, why shouldn't he get his chance?

Oh right, he accidentally injured someone. Let's burn him at the stake.

I can't like otherwise I would :)

I think the Egyptians will pull this off, if all goes well and Heskey starts, they're in woth a shout.

Why is Walcott in? He's been poor since he's been back.

Bit harsh, he's been out for ages but played well against Bolton, and grabbed a goal off the bench against Blackburn, he just needs match time.. and we've all seen how Capello uses Lennon's pace to his advantage, Walcott is even quicker and a better finisher

WALCOTT LEGEND - 3 GOALS V CROATIA WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Bit harsh, he's been out for ages but played well against Bolton, and grabbed a goal off the bench against Blackburn, he just needs match time.. and we've all seen how Capello uses Lennon's pace to his advantage, Walcott is even quicker and a better finisher

WALCOTT LEGEND - 3 GOALS V CROATIA WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

To be fair, that is all that Walcott has done.

Lennon is a far better player, in my opinion, but that is a discussion for another thread.

I said after Walcott's hat-trick against Croatia that we would never score another goal for England, and if I'm honest I don't see that changing. I think that Ashley Young should definately be in there ahead of him.

Heskey over Zamora is criminal. there's no more to say than that.

Sorry but Heskey is better than Zamora, I think Capello has made the right decision and I think that it's pretty obvious Heskey is a very good Target Man.

If Lennon was fit Walcott would be out straight away. He's a far better player and commits defenders when he runs at them constantly. Something i thought Walcott would do when Arsenal brought him but he seems reluctant to take players on (with the exception of when he tore L'pool apart).

Sky Sports News also had him down as a defender, guess we will have to wait and see.

I really hope Warnock starts. He played well earlier and would definitely be worthy of a place in South Africa.

Back