England U21 Vs Italy U21

Howson in squad even though he will be 23 in May... Love it :D

Italy won 1-0. Macheda pen in the 88th minute.

FA Match report sounds as though we were very unlucky. Ben Mee gave away the penalty and was subsequently red carded. Chamberlain supposedly had a good game when he came on.

Did Howson get any game time?

If anyone here watched it how did Howson play? Sorry for all the Howson questions, quite rare we get a player in any England squad

See McEachran started his first U21 game, shame about the result but its a learning curve.

Pearce praise for McEachran

England Under-21 coach Stuart Pearce thinks youngster Josh McEachran has talent to rival that of Jack Wilshere.

Despite being just 19, Arsenal midfielder Wilshere has already moved up to the senior England side, presenting the perfect opportunity for Chelsea starlet McEachran to step in.

The 17-year-old was initially named in the Under-19s squad this week but numerous withdrawals from Pearce's line-up have seen him move up an age group.

McEachran impressed after starting in Tuesday's friendly clash with Italy Under-21s in Empoli, setting up Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Scott Sinclair for second-half chances in a match England eventually lost 1-0.

And Pearce predicts big things for the youngster, who has made 14 first-team appearances for Chelsea this season.

Pearce said of McEachran: "Chelsea think extremely highly of him and you can see why. He's got the ability and the vision that you know, if players run off of him, he's got the ability to find them with passes.

"All of our cutting passes probably came from him. (Henri) Lansbury has got the benefit of that insight to play those passes but I think, in Josh, he's got a really outstanding talent, similar to Wilshere, and it bodes well for us."

Pearce hinted McEachran may well have played himself into the Under-21s for the foreseeable future, adding: "He's come in and played outstandingly well, so if I feel as though, if he is going to start for me, then he will be in the Under-21 squad from now on.

"If I feel as though he is going to come in and be a squad player, then there's no need and he will stay with the Under-19s and play football.

"If he carries on playing like that then it won't be long before he's permanently in the Under-21s side.

"We talk about the lack of talent in England at times, but when you look at the talent of McEachran and Wilshere then I apply one of Sir Trevor (Brooking's) famous old sayings: 'If they were wearing Spanish shirts, you would revere them'.

"They are two outstanding players who can see a pass and see the whole picture better than I can as a coach."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12010_6741701,00.html

Good news for England and for Chelsea. Let's hope he can have the same impact Wilshere has had for both club and country.

******* love it. JOSH MCEACHRANS AVIN A PARTY BRING YOUR VODKA AND YOUR CHARLIE!!!

MchEachran's made 14 FT apps this season? So, what - like 1 Carling Cup start and a host of 80th minute substitute apps or what?

Wait, WTF - He's made 6 appearances EVER for Cheatski - how can the article get it that wrong - does it mean 14 U19 apps?

MchEachran's made 14 FT apps this season? So, what - like 1 Carling Cup start and a host of 80th minute substitute apps or what?

Wait, WTF - He's made 6 appearances EVER for Cheatski - how can the article get it that wrong - does it mean 14 U19 apps?

14 appearences for Chelsea. 6 in the league (all as a substitute I think), 1 start against Ipswich in the FA Cup, one sub appearence against Newcastle in the Carling Cup, 3 starts in the Champions League and 3 sub appearences.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf1JfyXXXqk"]YouTube - Josh McEachran compilation - passing, touches and skills[/ame]

If a player is 21 at the beginning of the qualifiers they are eligible to play...durr

saw that on the 606 forums. still think it's a strange rule but at least Howson gets to play :)

The Fonz and Albrighton were good in patches. Albie needs a rest...