England v France

rpashley

Reaction score
How did you guys see England's performance last night? I thought up until the penalty England controlled the game but lacked creativity and we did not have any genuine pace. Defensively looked solid in the first half even though Anelka was a real threat.

Second half was poor and Anelka gave Lescot a real test. Downing is just a waste of space supposed to be a winger and did not attempt to beat his man on the outside.

I know I am biased being a Villa fan but Ashley young has pace, can dribble and cross with either foot can not for the life of me work out why he was cut from the squad.

Anelka was by far the best player on the pitch in my opinion.

Was too busy watching my own nation battle for a draw with Croatia but i heard England played ok untill the goal. Downing is pants and Young should be in there ahead of him i totally agree.

I don't know why Defoe hasn't been given more of a chance either, he's got 10 in the Prem this season and has been on fire for Pompey. Same with Young really. And Bentley has been B'burn's best by a mile. Oh well, England's loss.

England played France? Why didn't I know about this.

Never knew about the game or watched it but I think I know exactly how England played. We're always going to play the same no matter what manager we have.

Ribery got the highest rating according to the bbc. Downing is good footballer but Young is probably better...but boro are **** so what can you say... maybe capello wants a left footed player on the left wing...but yeah Young is comfortable using both feet. England can't play one up front not with just rooney anyways, i know man united do it sometimes with success and without success but they have cronaldo....