Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how everybody has extremely high hopes for England despite the fact that you have only won the single WC. You all say you should have done much better but only on a few occasions have you lived up to your own expectations, and very rarely in a major tournament. England will not win the WC due to the media's bombardment of stories, gossip, analysis and how England should be doing better. It's why you haven't won anything for so long, it's crumbling under the media and fan expectation. England to be knocked out at the quarter finals, if not the second round
Yeah, i agree about the media. The amount of pressure they pile on can't help. The fans too aren't faultless.

Don't think having won it only once make much difference. Not many teams have. People go on about england underacheiving but the real underacheivers are people like holland and spain who've never won it despite having some great teams.

I see your second prediction was right.(K)

People to seem to be blasting England's performance, and I can't really see why.

Yes, we didn't win the game, but we looked lively and the more likely to score the winning goal.

This is the group stages and we have 2 more games to develop as a team into the Knockout Stages

Ah, I see we've moved on past the post-match analysis and onto the personal attacks. Wonderful.

Would be nice if people could be mature enough to take their bullshit into PMs / messenger software and not get yet another thread locked.

There's no need for it to go down that route. Some people would like to discuss the performance, so can the rest of you go flex your testosterone elsewhere?

think this thread should be closed now.

Be quiet, a forum is where people can express their opinions on certain topics and this thread is about England V USA and thats what people are talking about.

Last edited:
I thought England didn't look like they were trying to win in the last few minutes, especially while passing along the back 4. Tim Howard wasn't overly tested either, only had a few shots to deal with.

People to seem to be blasting England's performance, and I can't really see why.

Yes, we didn't win the game, but we looked lively and the more likely to score the winning goal.

This is the group stages and we have 2 more games to develop as a team into the Knockout Stages

True people seem to think its a bad result but this is the team that beat the current european champions comfertably and we held them to a draw (lol making them sound like they are a really good team) but they boast some good talent and half of them play in england. OK we didnt play as good as you all expected but its not the end of the world if we win the world cup this match will be forgoten

Sorry, but I think expecting a world cup win is delusional. The USA are a hard-working but limited side, and England will come up against far better teams in the later rounds who I expect will cut them apart.

No but he has God on his side. Going to help us win!!111

I agree with the people saying Green didn't make amends. That near post save has to be expected, he couldn't have put it anywhere else and realistically scored.

Oh and those saying Heskey didn't do anything, he kept our play going time and time again, a great performance from the big man and I hope he carries on this way. I know he missed a 1v1 but he always does, so just assume whenever he is clear through that it isn't a goal and it saves the disappointment.

Heskey played very good in my opinion and i was pleased to see him shoot and nearly score which i wasnt expecting so good match for him

True people seem to think its a bad result but this is the team that beat the current european champions comfertably and we held them to a draw (lol making them sound like they are a really good team) but they boast some good talent and half of them play in england. OK we didnt play as good as you all expected but its not the end of the world if we win the world cup this match will be forgoten

No.

We were awful. Wingers did nothing. Rooney was quiet for the majority of the game and only decided to make an effort after 80 minutes.

Our passing was disgraceful and sloppy at the best of times.

We scored our goal then shut up. Where was the increase in pressure? Why didn't we put away the chances we had, namely Lennon's chance and SWP in the 2nd half?

It was a shoddy performance, and to be honest, I think we're lucky to come away with a point. Lets just hope that the other game in our group turns out a draw so its not that bad.

If anyone still thinks we can win the world cup with performances like that, you are not wired up.

I agree with the people saying Green didn't make amends. That near post save has to be expected, he couldn't have put it anywhere else and realistically scored.

Oh and those saying Heskey didn't do anything, he kept our play going time and time again, a great performance from the big man and I hope he carries on this way. I know he missed a 1v1 but he always does, so just assume whenever he is clear through that it isn't a goal and it saves the disappointment.
Don't be such a ****, trying to start an argument.:p

Are you trying to get the thread closed?! England need to work hard if we are to win this world cup guys so let's gets behind them and cheer them on to victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.